Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

trying to be supportive

One of my friends just found out she's having a girl. I'll admit I cried like a baby when I heard the news because it's just SO hard hearing that. She wanted a girl, had an oops and got a girl. I gotta say though, it was so cathartic to just let out all those pent up emotions I've had about wanting a daughter. I'm still a bit down about it but I needed that cry, I really did. I guess I'm just feeling like I'm never going to have the little girl I've always dreamed of. Sometimes I think I should just leave FB because I keep seeing "it's a girl!" posts or pics of people's baby girls. I'm happy for my friend, I am. She's had a loss before and I know how much she wanted a girl to have her pigeon pair but damn, it stings. *sigh* I don't know why I'm writing this, I guess it's just therapeutic for me and to let any other ladies out there know they're not the only ones who feel this way. I just need to keep sticking to this diet and buy a sway plan all while praying to God that it gets us a daughter. I have my fingers and toes crossed for all of those swaying that we're lucky enough to get our DG.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is one thing that still bothers me and ironically I never cared a bit about pigeon pairs before I had my daughter!!!

Virtually everyone I know IRL, most of whom are in late 20's to early 30's range, over the past 5 years, effortlessly popped out a boy and a girl with no effort whatsoever. They were like "oh let's have kids" boom boom and done and here I sit with 4 boys over 20 years and having to do all this research and invent my own diet to get one little girl who I'll be like a million years old when she's a teenager and I will probably die before I ever have enough time to enjoy her. :/
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Dreamofpink, hopper, EmileeJane, netti02 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes! I see couples all the time that have one boy and one girl or have 3-4 kids with a mix of genders. I'm tempted to ask what they did different. lol I completely understand what you mean though. There are those of us who try so dang hard to figure out what the key is to getting a certain gender yet people get their DG every day without even trying. I suppose I get a little miffed when people get both genders yet nothing about their lives or diet changed...it just happens. What really irks me is when people are smug about it and can't see why anyone would have a gender preference.
    I'm so glad you got your daughter though!! AND I'm glad we have this site thanks to all of your research. I used to be on IG a few years back and none of it made sense to me. In fact, it scared me away from swaying until I found this place!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

5. Likes pink_bean, hopper liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never much cared for PPs; so boring/typical/common. No same gender sibling bonds which are superior IMO. I'm the girl in a PP and my brother is a massive loser sociopath, so I may be biased...

Since I lost my B/G twins I can't stand FB. Any babies/young children are hurtful. On top of that I'm jealous of girl babies and when I see boy babies (most of my friends have only boys and 3+) I fear I'll be an all boy mom. I can't win! So I just avoid entirely.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

7. Likes ksmom liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes exactly that's what annoys me (at myself) is that I've never cared about PP anyway and I think same sibling families, esp. BB pairs/trios, are really cool. I think it just annoys me the ease at which it happens for so many people. I am Frank Grimes (from the Simpsons)

9. Likes XXforhubby, hopper, ksmom liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is what I'm going through right now! I am utterly convinced that I could have 13 children and sway each time and I'd still have all boys. In the last year nearly everyone on my friends list who already has one or two sons have got their girl! Here I am swaying a 3rd time and I already know it will be another boy. So convinced that I already have a boy's name picked out and I refuse to even think of girl names. I have to work so hard to sway the odds a little in my favor and get another boy anyway, while these women just need to blink and viola there they get their girl. A friend of mine just had her girl and has asked me to sew her some adorable newborn clothes...I literally bawl my eyes out when I complete an outfit. Another friend of mine just found out she is pregnant after already having a girl and told me (with my boys right there) that she "hates" boys and she is certain since all her sisters have only girls that she'll be just like them. A part of me hopes her next two are boys... I'm so horrible I just want ONE girl! Just one...and I feel like the more people around me who have girls = more of a probability that I'll have a boy because I need to even it out. Sorry, I kind of went off on my own GD there, but I can totally understand how you are feeling!

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

11. Likes atomic sagebrush, hopper, ksmom liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had 2 boys for 13+ years and it never even crossed my mind that anyone would ever feel sorry for anyone with 2 boys!! Not even remotely. Some people had 2 boys, some 2 girls, some BG - never gave it a second of thought or had anyone ever make a comment or act like anything was weird or pitiable about it.

I think we view everything through our GD lens and are sensitive about things that most people don't even give a moment of thought to.

13. Likes hopper, Dreamofpink, aussiesmiler liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a "friend" who loves to bash boys. She has a BG combo but she goes on and on about how she feels sorry for those with only boys. I used to get upset but now I feel there must be an underlying reason why she would focus her attention and energy on finding "reasons" why only boys are bad. Maybe she wants it? She doesn't know how wonderful it is to have two boys and I wouldn't change it for the world. Any combination of kids is wonderful and I do long for a DD because I would like to have a mother/daughter relationship. That said, I don't go around bashing other people's kids though.
    Mum to 2 DS
    DW: 34, DH 35
    Cycle 1 Clinic R Feb 15 - 6 retrieved, 4 fertilised, 1 XX, FET 1 Apr 15 - BFN
    Cycle 2 Clinic R Jun 15 - 12 retrieved, 10 fertilised, 1 XX, FET 2 Oct 15 - BFN
    Cycle 3 HRC Apr 16 - 7 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2XX Fresh - BFN
    Oct 16 - FET, BFP

Baby arrived Jul 17!!!

15. Likes pink_bean, atomic sagebrush, ksmom liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also never cared about PP until I had my 2nd boy. I felt as you did pink bean, I bashed all boy families until I had kids. I had only wanted girls, 2 girls please and thank you. My boys have taught me more about life and raising kids than I ever thought possible. I have a cousin who I was close to growing up she also never wanted boys, she never had one. She got her 2 girls and regularly rants about how disgusting boys are and how glad she is she doesn't have one on fb. I just look at what an awful angry mean adult she's become and think of how far I've come by not getting my girls. I'm so much wiser and understanding. Not getting what you want humbles you.
    I also have a close friend with her PP just got her DD last fall. She also blatantly favors her daughter.
    I feel so fortunate that I'm finally getting my girl. But I have learned so much from boys. There's no way I could ever favor her over them just because she's a girl. Mt boys are both SO different and I'm hoping she's somewhere in between, it's a good thing.
    Sorry you feeling this way. You are not at all alone. You just may get your PP, but don't forget how this made you feel. That way you can always remain sensitive to how others may be feeling. Hugs girlie!
    EmJ
    2 blue babes

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pink_bean View Post
    I agree, most people I know easily got their pp while I actually tried to sway for a girl and had another boy. What really stings is when I hear how afraid other people are of being in my shoes with two boys. Because I already feel like people look down on my family so it's like a kick in the gut. My heart literally dropped to read that.

But admittedly I used to feel the same way, I guess. I'm glad I got my second boy though. It made me realize I had no reason to be scared or feel sorry for anyone with two boys.
    I actually got looks of PITY when I told people we were having our second boy! I couldn't believe it. What does it even matter to them anyway? I love both my boys and I think they're so lucky to have one another. I would have loved to have a sister, but instead I'm the youngest of 3 with two older brothers.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

18. Likes EmileeJane, netti02 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast