Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Failed sway - try again? Gender Depression.

Hi,

I swayed last year for a girl, and I got my second boy. I swayed HARD! I lost a lot of weight, I had people telling me they were worried about me and my weight... Anyway fell pregnant without really meaning to, and we have ourselves a little boy. I adore him, he is a mummas boy and is so full of love. He's been a hard baby, terrible sleeper, refluxy, cry baby, and the logical part of mu brain doesnt want more children, but my heart aches for a girl.

I was pregnant twice with a friend of mine, each time we both had boys, but she is pregnant again, this time with a girl. I am wrapt for her, but my heart actually hurts when I think about it.

I also have the mirena in at the moment.

I have no idea what to do. Sometimes I think I should wait until the kids are at school, older mums tend to have girls, but can I be bothered waiting another 4-5 years?

I really am at a loss.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As hard a question as it is, you need to answer how you'd be if you swayed again and had another boy. Could you deal with that? Is PGD an option you could take? x

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's something you have to weigh the pros and cons of and come to your own decision. For me we were going to be done after #3 due to some severe health issues of mine (that, by the grace of God, completely healed during the last trimester of my pregnancy). We are going to try until we get a girl or reach 5 kids...whichever comes first. The only reason I am swaying again is because I know that I would be extremely regretful when I am older and can no longer have children. I'd regret not allowing myself to try for a girl when God has given me a second chance at more children. Even if I have five boys I will be filled with happiness because I will have at least given myself the chance at a daughter (plus a boy heavy family was my dream since I was a little girl).
    Good luck with your decision!

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Hun! We were dd opposite buddies your second little guy sounds just like mine

This is such a personal decision to make... Logically you could fall preggo tomorrow without swaying and get a girl, or sway even harder and still get a boy :/ Personally I will not be persuing swaying again. I believe it does work, I just cannot risk going through a GD pregnancy again. For me it is ht or nothing. That in itself is a tough call to make as the thought of never being preggo again and feeling that little person wriggling away is very upsetting but it is what I feel is right for me and my family.

Good luck with your decision Hun xx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

5. Likes baabaa liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The difference between older and younger moms is NOTHING compared to that which you get from swaying and it is FAR from a guarantee. I got a girl at 41 but I also got a boy at 39. Please don't postpone having a baby for that reason because it is not a guarantee and you may wait yourself right out of a baby at all.

My 3rd was also a really difficult baby and it didn't make GD any easier, that's for sure.

I have an essay on what to do after a failed sway here. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ys-attack.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes bunnywabbit liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not prepared to HT. Its not legalised yet in Aus, and frankly its too expensive.

Maybe I'll try again later on when i am prepared for any outcome, not just pink.

9. Likes Kittybear, Kitty0911 liked this post