Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I completely understand how you feel! I started my sway 17 weeks ago & we are going to have our first attempt in 5 weeks time. I have lost a huge amount of weight (9kg since I started) & a lot of people are noticing. Thankfully I returned to work at the same time as I started my sway & everyone has believed my story about being stress & busy for the weight loss. I am doing a reasonably full sway (vegetarian, 2 meals a day & supps) & I am so worried about how I am going to feel when I am told I am having another DS. I love my boys to pieces but I still long for a daughter to complete our family. Hubby says this is our last baby & it does worry me. DS1 was also diagnosed with autism last year, & even though we have been told that a daughter is our best chance of reducing our risk we have been refused IVF PGD because there is no guarantees that a daughter wont have autism. So I have 2 very good reasons for wanting this to work. Im trying not to stress or focus to much which is why I havent been in the forums too much. From my own personal experience - I was disappointed to find out that we were having another ds at our scan last time but it helped me to focus, so the time he was born I was so glad to meet him. I just hope if that is how it goes again I will be able to do the same.
    mummy to 10yrs & 8yrs. 7weeks dec 2016 4yrs.
    After 2 failed sways we are going high tech

May 2019 IVF1 4 follicle, 4 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 5
    JUly 2019 IVF2 8 follicles, 3 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 6 frozen & waiting for us
    our precious was a failed FET .
    IVF3 1 day 5
    2020 COVID halts our plans & we cant travel
    2021 6 more egg collections yeild 17eggs in total. Frozen gametes shipped to clinic & 16 survive the thaw & only 3 fertilised. None to test on day 5

Jan 2022 this wasnt the plan.......
    Feb 2022 stopped growing & left me at 8weeks

2. Thanks Completedbypink thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Daisy, I had similar feelings going into my sway, but decided to take the plunge as ultimately we wanted more then one child. It took about 8 cycles to get pregnant and by the end it was a pretty loose sway. I'm now 6 months pregnant and have opted to not find out the sex and i think this has really helped elevate a lot of GD I would have no doubt felt if I knew for sure I was expecting another boy. I have no doubt I will love who ever is placed in my arms when the time comes and am just trying to enjoy the pregnancy.
    Your sway looks good, at the end of the day all we can do is try to the level we feel comfortable with and hope for the best. Would you consider a third? Maybe if u knew it wasn't your last that might elevate some of the anxiety?
    2014 2016

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Daisy - Yes, like Atomic noticed, I'm in a very similar situation to you. Our sons are both nearly two and we're each nervous about ttc because of our strong GD. I've thought about staying a one-and-done family, but both my husband and I have deep longings for another baby. We feel our family is incomplete and we both suspect that our son's life will be richer with a sibling. We're already in our mid thirties and don't want too large an age gap between kids either, so the pressure is on.

That said, for whatever reason I've had kind of a nice emotional break over the last few days, like I'm feeling more sanguine about the whole thing. At times I've felt really desperate and dark about it all, but lately I do feel more at peace.

Your sway sounds similar to how mine started. I've started swaying last November, and we've been "trying" since February. I suspect the frequent release type stuff and the 0-3 cutoff timing make conceiving unlikely. I've decided that if we move forward this month, I'm not going to worry about frequent release or cutoff at all. I also doubt I'll buy anymore OPKs. I'm sticking with an LE influenced vegetarian/low sodium type of diet, low blood sugar meal timing, one hour + cardio per day, and sticking with one attempt every four days. I also take cal/mag, iodine, and folic.

Best wishes on your journey!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    with you doing PCO-type diet that will be better for you.

Can you have tofu with Hashimotos? I want you using full fat milk, not skim. Skim milk is not allowed on the PCO-type diets because it really messes up your blood sugar.

You don't need to cut out bananas and potato. The only reason those have ever been called "boy foods" is due to the potassium. On the mineral-type diets, they're ingesting massive amounts of dairy with tons of potassium in it and so in order to not go overboard on potassium (since they think it sways blue) they have to cut those things out. But LE Diet isn't like that, we don't do all that dairy and it can actually be quite difficult to get ENOUGH potassium. The amount of potassium intake on all diets is the same, 2500-3500 mg because that is the amount you need for your body to funtion. Cutting out potassium foods on LE Diets mean you may not get enough so I do want you to be sure you're getting 2500 mg minimum.

IF you potentially have blood sugar issues (which you do with Hashimoto's) even mod. exercise is better than nothing. THe benefits for weight loss and blood sugar control are so huge that they counterbalance any risk of growing muscle swaying blue, especially if you do lose at least a bit of weight simultaeously. That having been said I do think we see best results with 60 min. at least 4 days a week. It does NOT need to be super intense in terms of your exertion, the "intense" refers to quantity of exercise, not quality.

Inositol would be great for you but I do want you to check if it's ok with your doctor. Some things interact with your medication and I"m not sure that is appropriate for you.

Iodine - you may not be able to take this with your thyroid medication so please again check this with your doc or pharmacist because I"m not sure you're supposed to be having that. Many people with thyroid issues cannot take supplemental iodine.

Probiotic is the only thing that got worse than 50-50 for us. WE now use it only for blue sways. I would not have you take that.

DH - if he's taking OLE he should NOT take cranberry. Those are one or the other.

FR - While this has gotten so-so results, I do want you to be sure to have him do 7-10 days release instead of just 5. 5 may not be enough.

I don't believe in timing (I have 4 timing opposites!) and I VASTLY prefer you guys have attempt at first positive or first peak. But you gotta do waht you gotta do and if you gotta do timing, that's at your discretion. I do want to let you know it's possible to have many days of high instead of just the two that they claim on the box, and it's also possible to have one or even zero highs and go straight to peak . I also want to stress how important it is that you drop timing before adding attempts. One attempt has gotten great results for us regardless of timing nd so I really hate to see people keep timing which has been totally debunked, and then adding attempts (it's PROBABLY one attempt that ever made timing appear to work in the first place)

No antihistamine for thyroid patients. If you tolerate alcohol ok you may want to give that a go instead, 1 drink a day

ions at your discretion. don't rely on them to do anything though.

Drop everything but diet and exercise before adding attempts if you can bear it. If you can't bear it, then go to e4d method first (DTD unprotected every 4th day) Timing, RepHresh, antihistamine if you do that anyway, peppermint tea for both you and DH would need to go!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12