Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does it ever get easier?

I have three lovely healthy happy little boys at home however I really cannot shake the feeling that I need a girl.

My sister-in-law just had a baby girl this morning, her first. If I’m completely honest and without sounding totally selfish, I can barely bring myself to acknowledge that she’s had her. I’ve sent my congratulations etc however I have absolutely no desire to go and see them (which I know sounds awful). It’s just that I really can’t bear to have it rubbed in my face. They want to come to ours for Christmas this year however the thought of spending the whole day with grandparents cooing over their new baby girl just fills me with dread and anxiety.

My husband has said that if this is so important to me that maybe we can go high-tech for baby girl. I’m just not sure I could put myself and my family through that.

Does anyone else feel like this and does it ever get any easier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it does the older your kids get and when everything isn't about our kids.

The older my kids get, gender is less important. The quality of life, your involvement in your life is what makes you happy. One day, all of our kids will be gone and building their own lives. Gender becomes was less important and it is more about what in your life makes you happy.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

3. Thanks lyagirl thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It comes and goes but it gets easier as they get older. The baby/toddler years are the absolute worst for GD but the feeling becomes less intense as time goes on.

5. Thanks lyagirl thanked for this post
    Likes JJ66, Kingsdaughter5 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that several of the gals I started this journey with 10 years ago when pregnant with DS 3 decided not to try again. They moved on with their families as they were, 2-3 boys, while I had another boy and then finally a girl. And you know what - all those gals who moved on look like they're having the time of their lives. They aren't sitting around crying about not having a girl, they're out there doing stuff with their boys and their husbands and taking trips and posting pictures of themselves drinking margaritas and honestly they all look a lot happier than I do most of the time LOL.

Kids are blessings, they're great, having a daughter is fun and everything but it is NOT the solution to all my problems in life (let me assure you that it is very much NOT the solution to all my problems in life). The only thing it solves is the "not having a daughter" problem. If anything my problems have hung around and brought friends in the 5 years since I had her and at least some of these things are directly related to my need to have a daughter. So while I got a daughter I may have done it at a cost that was high enough to kind of wreck a lot of other positive things in my life that seem to be pretty much gone forever and I'm still coming to terms with that.

Food for thought.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks lyagirl, JJ66 thanked for this post