Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

My GD journey through the years

I was reading through older threads here, and they were so helpful to read, and really wanted to start another to share my story and give newer members a place to share theirs.
    In January of 2010, I found out at 18 that I was pregnant for the first time. Of course, being that young, still living with my mom, and not being financially stable I was dealing with a whole flood of emotions, but the one thing that stuck was being excited that I was possibly having my own little girl! Between all of my parents' kids, I am one of 6, and only have 1 little brother. Unfortunately, (or maybe for the best depending on your outlook) that pregnancy ended by the end of the next month. Fast forward to May of 2011 and I find myself pregnant again! Again, super excited at the notion of possibly having a daughter. That August I found out I was carrying my DS1. Of course that little blue bundle was born, and despite feeling a bit of disappointment over his gender months before, he absolutely stole my heart!
    About 2 years later, I met DH (who by this point also had a DS from a previous relationship) and a little over a year after that, we created our own little human I went the first 14 weeks and 6 days believing I was finally carrying a girl, but right before our 15 week ultrasound came to the conclusion that he was definitely a boy...and I was right! I felt a tad bit disappointed, but for whatever reason I wasn't super disappointed about it that time around. Mostly I believe because he was going to carry his father's last name, as his older brother had his mother's last name. BUT OH LORD DID I STILL WANT A GIRL! I got pregnant again, 8 months later and was certain THIS. WAS. IT. After all, this baby was conceived 5 days before O, which according to Shettles would have definitely made baby a girl!
    Needless to say, at my 15 week scan, we were told boy which I refused to believe. The wonderful tech invited us back for a free scan 2 weeks later since we weren't able to get a clear potty shot, and he let mommy know in no uncertain terms that he was in fact a little boy. I was crushed. WHY was I only having boys? I blamed DH, I blamed God, I blamed DH's bio dad's family, who at that point we hadn't even met.
    My DS3 was born May '17 and was the best, sweetest baby I could have possibly asked for.
    While all of my boys are all these amazingly wonderful children, I just can't help it. I physically ache for a little girl! While another boy would be just as great, I just can't wait to get my sway into full swing and hopefully be able to give my little boys a sister
    01-18-12 01-28-16 05-09-17 praying for

2. Likes atomic sagebrush, Kawazza liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing Sutton. It does make it easier to read others stories. Lately there is not a day goes by I don’t wonder if I’ll ever have a little girl. I honestly don’t even know really why I want it so much. My husband swings back and forth over more kids (we have two boys) , we were recently pregnant but lost it, no idea whether it was a girl but I do wonder. One one hand more kids would be so hard but I just can’t eat it out of my head. Drives me a bit crazy. Will have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the same boat! I go back and forth on it a lot but I think ultimately it is something I want to do and I don't want huge age gaps between my kids...trying to get the younger years out of the way all at the same time lol
    01-18-12 01-28-16 05-09-17 praying for

6. Likes atomic sagebrush, frankie2017 liked this post