Thread: This sucks.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

This sucks.

So I have a friend that is having a gender reveal tomorrow. I just know she is having a girl. I feel way too much anxiety over this! It isn't my life, why do I even care? Why can't I just be happy for other people? Ugh. She has made no secret that she wants a girl. Why should she get what she wants when I haven't been able too? This will never go away.
    DS112
    DS23
    DS31

1st and only cycle with SIRM dallas: Canceled due to low response. Only 2 follicles. Dr. does not recommend another cycle and we do not have the heart nor the funds for a second opinion.

Moving on to swaying a praying! Hopefully there is a beautiful pink bundle in our future but if not, at least we make pretty boys

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally understand how you feel, that irrational stomach churning knowledge that they 'must' be having a girl. We just found out that my BIL & SIL are expecting their first in Oct & my first thought was 'what if it's a girl?!' Why should it even matter to me especially as neither DH or I can stand his brother's wife & we haven't seen them for 3 years?! Totally stupid, but DH's family is boy heavy with his mum having four. With each baby she's always hoped we'd have a girl even though we hardly see her as she lives a long way away. I think she totally gets GD although I've never spoken about it to her. I think part of it is that desire to give her a grand-daughter before my much younger SIL. She already has 2 grand-daughters but would like more. Sorry I'm rambling on here!

How are you & your new little man doing? I've often thought about you & wondered how you're getting on

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Dreamofpink; April 17th, 2014 at 07:24 PM.
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello dream! We are doing quite well! My little man is the happiest baby I have had so far and I love him to pieces. He was definitely meant to be mine! I am still dreaming of a girl tho. I had hoped it would leave me alone but here I am with a 4 month old baby and ready for another. My DH isn't exactly convinced of a 4th yet, but he did mention that if we ever did decide to do it, we would go HT. He says he can't see me torture myself the way I do. I have been doing a lot of thinking about it and I just know this baby girl lives in me! I'm hoping to convince him to start late 2015 or early 2016. I'll be 34 by then so really hoping we will still be in a good window that it may actually work on the first or second attempt.

How are things with you? Looks like your boy came right on time! Mine was 3 weeks early and born on the 12th of December
    DS112
    DS23
    DS31

1st and only cycle with SIRM dallas: Canceled due to low response. Only 2 follicles. Dr. does not recommend another cycle and we do not have the heart nor the funds for a second opinion.

Moving on to swaying a praying! Hopefully there is a beautiful pink bundle in our future but if not, at least we make pretty boys

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oxox- did your friend have a girl?
    2005; 2007; 2009; arrived 6/28/14!!
    5 failed IVF/PGD's 2010-2012
    Ectopic pregnancy 2013 that caused IC

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!
    He is so strong and perfect! Truly my little angel.

-God, Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference-

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought I was alone on this. I am sorry you feel this way too. I find myself making excuses to not see people who are pregnant with girls :/ that's pretty bad huh! It's really hard to move on but you have a super family too. Just try to count off three things you love about your boys. Not just cause they're boys but because they're your family. For me ATM it's the way my eldest son barks at everything and tilts his head when he says hellooooo. Such a mad little one! My youngest has the biggest grin on his face when I pretend to nibble on his chin. An they both give the best cuddles ever. Yor turn xx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She is having a little boy! And even tho I did feel some relief, I also feel bad for her. She had disappointment written all over her face. This is their first baby so she will still have plenty of opportunities... but I know all too well how it feels to be disappointed in what is supposed to be so happy and joyful. It feels awful and I hate that she feels that way now too
    DS112
    DS23
    DS31

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can share with her how amazing it is to have boys and the two of you will be able to raise your sons together so they'll be really close. Lots of positives to take from this. Okay she would have liked a daughter but now she will see what it's like to have a son. You know yourself just how much fun that is!! Gd aside xx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]