Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry you feel this way, I can totally understand your feelings. I wish there was an off switch for wanting a girl. It would make things so much easier.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to say you're not alone! I'm also having my third boy, and this time I thought for sure it was a girl. Keep hoping at delivery it will be a girl. But after 4 ultrasounds, and all 4 times they had no doubt, it would be a miracle from God. I love this little boy, but still find myself grieving for that girl. For us, we have to stop, we were planning on stopping with two but I know when it all comes down to it, I do not want 4 children, even tho I love babies.
    Hugs to you and hope whatever happens you find happiness!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 2009

DS2 2011

DS3 is here and precious as can be

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I could have wrote your exact words for my 3rd and I probably did actually!
    This time I'm planning on not finding out til birth because it's hard for me emotionally to know the girl dream is over completely and I didn't care the second he arrived!
    Time will pass and it will ease. Sounds like 4 isn't out of the question and I hope you get her then
    I was done at 3 but we joked about 4, but i never would have had the guts to try again! But an oops happens, hoping it will be pink!

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How are you feeling? I'm new here and my story is exactly the same as yours although same hubby. We found out yesterday that we are having anther boy. I'm so upset I can't stop crying and I didn't sleep at all last night. My husband is sad that I'm upset and I feel like I don't want him. I realy felt that this one was a girl as it was completely different and I was sick on and off. With my boys they were exactly the same and I don't even feel pregnant!! I feel like I'm sinking into a big hole. Mostly I feel so sad for our family as I feel like I've let everyone down.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lisa, your feelings are completely understandable. I also felt like I'd let my family down with DS2, like I wanted to stop being pregnant, like maybe there was something wrong with me, as a woman, that I couldn't make a girl. I cried for a week, and didn't get off the couch for days. I felt so bad for both the son I was carrying, who deserved a better mommy than ungrateful me, and the one I was ignoring in my grief.

We can't help our feelings. I went through a year of therapy (medication free) to sort out my guilt at my gender disappointment. It really is silly, now that I look back at it, since no woman would choose to become depressed at the gender of her baby. We all want to be happy, and OF COURSE if we could choose to, we would.

Are you having any more, or is #3 the last one? Most of my anger and pain came from knowing DH wanted to stop at 2. It nearly cost us our marriage, but after a year in couples' counseling, we're much stronger now, and having #3. I swayed, but I know a lot of women choose HT if it's their last chance. It's something to consider.

For now, be gentle with yourself. You did nothing wrong. Your feelings are not your fault. If you need to, have your DH announce the gender and let them know, in no uncertain terms, that you were hoping for a girl and simply cannot handle any expressions of disappointment over your third son right now. That's what I had to do for DS2. It helped.
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to give you ladies a hug, as I have also been through this. The first few days after I found out we were having a 3rd boy I just wanted the baby to disappear. I didn't want to be pregnant, I didn't want to feel the kicks, I just wanted to sink into a deep hole, while at the same time keep a happy facade on the outside. It was so difficult. Luckily after a while I managed to "get over it" and look forward to meeting him. It always stings at certain moments, but usually I forget I have 3 boys, I just have 3 kids. My 3rd (as my 1st and 2nd) is a very sweet little boy and of course I wouldn't want to swap him for the world.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I pretty much wrote the same thing when I found out with DS3. I literally never thought it would happen to me. I was bound to finally have a girl the 3rd time right? Well now that he is here and 10 months old I am absolutely in love with him. I know it is hard now, but once he gets here things will change.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12