Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nub theory results have me in tears

Hello,

I posted my 13week nub shots on some forums and I am getting all boy guesses, which is exactly what I thought was going to happen. I'm on number 2 and already have a little boy, my husband only wants two children so I was desperately hoping for a girl.

I followed some advice for ttc a girl such as ph levels and timing but following a miscarriage in July I had a moment of weakness and dtd at the wrong time, very close to ovulation. I also had a loss many years ago after having v severe morning sickness which disappeared, I'm convinced that was my girl. I also have alot of pressure from my husband's family (a family of all boys) to "get it right this time". On top of this my sister in law is also pregnant, just a couple of weeks behind me and I'm so worried she will have a girl and I just won't be able to cope with that.

I know the nub theory isn't 100% but I had very clear scan pics which apparently are classic boy. I feel so down at the thought of having another boy and never getting my girl. I just feel awful even thinking some of the things going through my mind.
    I just don't know what to do...

Sorry for rambling.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry, I know how you feel. I lean boy but am not convinced the top part isn't leg the other white is long and flat.
    You will love him so much.
    But I think you shouldn't feel guilty about timing or PH.

Statistics here have shows these things doesn't sway.
    Maybe very maybe you DH will turn around in the future.

My DH wanted 2 I wanted 3 so 3 was our limit. But while I was pg with ds 3 the door opend slightly for a #4
    And here we are pg with DD.

Good luck.
    Mom to

THX Atomic and gender dreaming forum/members. For your knowledge and support to make our dream come true and family complete!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your reply. That's interesting what you said as I originally thought the white line was the nub but after doing some research came to the conclusion I was wrong, it's just so confusing.
    I also had the smallest inkling it was a girl before but didn't want to let myself think that, then with everyone guessing boy I gave up hope.
    I'm still not hopeful and won't let myself get my hopes up. It's such an awful feeling.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know! Gender desire is horrible. I've been there many times. Prepare for boy but don't give up all hope.
    I find gender desire the most difficult at the point you can't really bond yet. After 20 WK's you can feel your baby a lot and belly grows so you connect more.
    Then its not only just boy/girl but it gets to be your baby. A real little person.
    Mom to

THX Atomic and gender dreaming forum/members. For your knowledge and support to make our dream come true and family complete!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can I see your scan pic

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am in the same position now sweetheart. My post is further down and still just over a week until they confirm 3rd boy. I am still holding out some hope mines part of cord but if not I know my child As well as yours will recieve the same love as the others. Grieve the girl you never got and bond with the child within you. xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Scan pic

Here's a pic of my very boy looking scan :-( 2014-10-22 14.54.26.jpg

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone. I do hope you're right sweetdream, my biggest fear is that the gender disappointment will affect the bond with my baby. I had problems bonding with my first because I had severe post natal spd which prevented me from doing alot and really got me down, as a result I've always thought my son has a much closer relationship with my husband, he always goes to daddy instead of me. Breaks my heart.
    I'm also concerned my spd will return and that on top of gender disappointment will just be too hard to handle.

Blackbekki, I read your story and I've got to say it left me in floods of tears, you've been through so much, you really deserve your girl. Let me know what happens. I have everything crossed for you.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly I think u still have a good chance for that girl, but try to prepare for a boy... i have 4 girls and yesterday had a scan which everyone says is girly so far.... i know what GD is like and my heart goes out to you... all my girls are daddy girls, I would love for a kid of mine to be all about me for a change and I feel that the only way I'll get that is with a son... looks like the heavens may have something different in mind :/

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's what people tell me looks girly from a Facebook page (although no one from this sit has commented on it yet)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast