Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Christi View Post

I love to cook, so I hope to share my love of cooking with them. My husband and I also met ballroom dancing, so we would love to teach our boys to dance as well. We were hoping for a boy and girl so they could dance together when we take them out ballroom dancing with us, but alas, that's not going to happen.
    I always hoped that one of my children would be into art like me and since the stereotype is that boys can not sit still, I thought I would have to have a girl to be able to share that passion/hobby with one of my children. Well now 4 1/2 year old DS1 is surprising me in a very wonderful way. He LOVES to do art and I think he is quite good at drawing for his age so he had to have gotten that from me. Yay, it makes me so happy. He does so much art at Kindy and takes heaps of work home.
    The same DS1 also enjoys cooking but he gets that from his Daddy who is a chef.

Your ballroom dancing vision for your boy and hoped for girl is so cute. Perhaps your boys can still dance together. A neat duo in another genre? Or in ballroom on the floor together with their own partners. If we look hard, many of the things we hoped for in one gender, we can get with the other. I know it is still not quite the same as getting your GD but it can help.
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is bugging me so I have to chime in.

I have 3 girls....don't you think my life would be about ponytails, hairbows, and cute shoes???? Most people would think that.

Well my 3 girls have gotten to where they won't let me TOUCH their hair. The most I can get out of them is getting it brushed in the mornings, but that is a struggle.

I am so fed up with DD2 & DD3 that I had my hairdresser cut their hair just below their ears. If they won't let me touch it I am not watching them run around with messy mops on their heads all day.

DD1 is 15 and does her own hair, but even when she was little she wouldn't let me touch her hair. I have 2 drawers full of hairbows that I am going to donate because NO ONE WEARS THEM!!

Making me nuts these days around the holidays. So many cute hair accessories and I CAN'T USE ONE OF THEM!!

GRRRRRR!

My Gender Dreaming

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12