Thread: Deleted

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Deleted

-
    Last edited by pink_bean; September 15th, 2016 at 09:24 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If their one thing/place that has proven itself to be a gigantic GD trigger, its Facebook. I completely get why people go on FB, stay on FB, why the are active on FB, etc but over the several years of GD I have noticed that is the ONE THING that is going to make it worse, without a doubt!

Seriously consider staying off of FB when your GD is flaring up or blocking the people that unknowingly agitate your GD because I can promise you, they will needle you to pieces!

Its kinda funny, I think I have more friends blocked than not...what can I say? My friends and I are in the baby years and GD has been an issue for me. I have so many friends/family that order certain gender, and get it, so I block them on FB. When I am feeling curious and I can handle it, I check their page, maybe, but staying away from it has helped a lot.

My Gender Dreaming

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was also terrible about FB. I would get nervous when other people were going for their ultrasound. If they would get what they wanted (or what I wanted) I would feel like I was punched in the gut. This is NOT my personality. Seriously, GD brought out the worst in me. If you can bear it... I would delete your FB. At the very least block pregnant women.
    One perfect born 7/11.

HT identical twin boys born 4/14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I stopped using Facebook a couple of months ago and it has been wonderful. Well I didn't actually delete my account like planned because I couldn't figure out how to but I don't plan to log on again. I don't think FB wants to make it easy for people to quit it! GD is so much worse on FB. I was in a nice little spin off group from a due group with all my favourites and there were only 7 of us and we got along so well and were quite close. One lives only 45 mins away so I have met her a couple of times. Well three of the ladies including her went on to have an opposite for their next child and I was so sick of seeing all that pigeon pair talk and photos. It seemed so unfair that "so many people" got the other only on their second try and I have to go to 4! Well the posts were really just talk about their children but I couldn't stand the "HE loves HIS SISTER," Or "My Daughter AND my son" etc.
    THere is one person from Highschool who I liked but never really hang out with and she got a girl after a boy and I was so so gutted to see that announcement and she had had a team green. I hated seeing her photos and got less fond of her.

OMG, that so is not me either. I am one of the least bitchy and judgementel people I know! (at least I like to think)

I think the difference is that so much less is being communicated than in real life. A picture can say 1000 words and when that picture is a gorgeous child of your desired gender or small sentances about how wonderful it is then it can let your imagination run wild. When you see those same (or other) people in real life it is different because it is so much more personal and their kids are never as lovely as your own child(ren) ever and you can see the person much more deeply and real.

I really don't like Facebook for many reasons but I do also miss it because it can be wonderful too. I think I finally had to realise for myself what was best for me and now that I am off it I am so much happier in myself for many reasons. GD is a bonus one.

I fear my desire for a girl will not ever go away too and there is not much I can do about it over the next half year at least because I am not ready for another child and even if we do manage to save for and arrange HT it might not work. I wish I could just put my GD on hold for a while.

There are people in real life who get your ideal family. Mine was BBG and DS1s good friend is the oldest of one of those familes. I am freinds with the Mum and I find it OK seeing her baby girl in real life but I used to despise the photos of them together on FB rubbing it in my face "ohhhh, look at me and my daughter, I am so awesome to ahve gotten her after two sons
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I struggle with these sorts of feelings towards my best friend from university, she lives really far away so I never actually see her but we're still close via texting and Facebook. We both had boys first fairly close together then she had her second earlier this year team yellow and got a girl, I was so so happy for her until earlier this month when I found out I'm having another boy. Now I find it really hard to contact her or look at her Facebook, especially at the moment after she's just had the most perfect Christmas with her perfect complete family.
    I also find myself seeing parents with little boys and a pram and checking to see what they have in there...it's usually a baby girl.
    I hate feeling like this too.
    Dec 2011

Miscarriage July 2014

April 2015 (failed albeit lame sway attempt)

Going to HRC to get my girl Dec 2016!

My HT girl due 31/08/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Best advice I was ever given for FB - 'unfollow' is your friend. Use it and don't feel guilty about it either!!

There's nothing that gets me quite in the gut like FB announcements. And cutesy FB announcements are the worst. Just unfollow and the person will never know, and you can avoid being unpleasantly surprised.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree about unfollowing--it's a lifesaver!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm considering coming off Facebook for the same reasons. It really triggers GD, oh look at my princess dressed up in her pretty dress, oh look at how gorgeous she is... I can't bear it. I can fake it for 5 mins face to face with these people but I cannot fake it to myself at home looking at Facebook photos. In fact, I've convinced myself that I need a break from it for a while, I'm going to deactivate it and live my life, no one else's

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Agree with all of the above! I unfollowed most of the PP moms I know bc I couldn't stand their arrogance. It helped me tremendously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can completely relate. I really wanted a boy and I found out I'm having a girl... I swear everyone I work with ( there's 4 of us pregnant ) and my Facebook is having a boy.