Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Disappointed, guilty, depressed and angry... Help :(

I need some advice.. Long story short I have a 19 month old son born June 2013 from an unplanned pregnancy. He is my world and from the second I found out I felt how close of an attachment I had with him. I have been so happy with my life since than I haven't wanted anything to change. 5 months ago I found out I am pregnant again... I am in no way close to ready for another or to share my attention with another child. I felt so afraid and confused and thought so many times about not going through with the pregnancy but couldn't go through with that. My hubby and I grew on the idea of a younger brother. I prayed for a boy and hoped... Last week we find out it's a girl. After reading other posts on here I see so many mothers would die for a girl and I feel so selfish for being as disappointed as I am because I get to experience both genders. But I completely devastated I have lost all interest in my pregnancy and am just depressed. Every time I see my son I want to cry because this isn't how I wanted things has anyone else gone through this ? What was the outcome? I feel so disgusted with myself I want to cry all the time because I feel this way...

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The first baby is love at first site. From then on, you love them because they are you but it takes time to get to know them and let them in. It's normal to not have the same connection initially.

You are fortunate to get to raise both gender and one day, I promise, you will see that. Having a second boy would have introduced a level of competition that your current son would have had to found a way to handle. By having the opposite gender, done things brothers would compete over is removed from the dynamic.

You'll love her just as much as him and my only other advice is to use some sort of birth control so you can be mentally ready should you try for a third! We all know how babies are made!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

3. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I cried for days when finding out the sex of my third child, love him to pieces now, it took me about a year once born to get over the depression (probably should have seen a doctor about it). Nothing will change the love for your first child, hopefully you get used to the idea.
    07 09 (opposite shettles) 12 (failed sway) Sway: Apr 13 Nov 13
    HT#1 cycle May 14 (SART) 1 XX but BFN from Aug 14 FET...we're going to HRC 2015, BFN Mar 15 also. 3 boys in my family- that's us!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha yes we do know how babies are made but I was on birth control when I got pregnant with baby girl. Started my pack a little late and told hubby to pull out and one time he didn't so I took day after pill 48 hours later. Still pregnant..... Getting the iud after this one lol

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really hope one day I can look back to this and think what the hell was a I thinking not wanting a girl but it is so difficult feeling this way right now and I just pray to god every single night that my happiness won't be sacrificed but only grow stronger with this new baby because right now I am so miserable, selfish and just want to hug babyboy all day long because I feel like our relationship will never be the same. Probably isn't helping my anxiety ether that they are due the exact same day In June... DS was a week late induced so I hope they don't share a birthday. Also all the boys of hubby's family just say " your son is going to hate having a sister, poor guy ".

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Remember the pregnancy hormones make everything worse! It sounds like you are most anxious about having another baby and how that will effect your relationship with DS. That is completely normal to feel that way! Maybe you thought the transition would be easier with another boy. Just know your feelings are normal and you will feel better once you hold her.

Don't listen to people's negative comments, you would get the same or worse if you were having another boy. Soon you will hear how perfect your family is, since you have one of each. By the way, I grew up with an older brother and although we fought a lot as kids, we also had a close bond and he was very protective of me when we got older. So, keep that in mind.

Give yourself some time and then go shopping for her and pick out a name. It will help.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Feeling guilt and a sense of betrayal toward our existing children seems to be an almost universal experience during pregnancy. I had two boys and still experienced it. I think it's totally normal and will fade when you discover that you really can love two children just as much.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope you all are right. And it's nice to hear I'm not the only person who feels this way because I have been feeling so ashamed and hating myself for feeling so sad. And yes a big part of it is I wasn't ready for the unplanned pregnancy and then not getting the gender I wanted just made me feel that much worst

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally understand what you mean. I have a little boy and then i had a little girl i can tell you that it is the most wonderful wonderful wonderful thing you could ever imagine . I 100 % swayed for a daughter so i was ecstatic to be having one. But I also understand wanting to have to two of the same. My kids are the best of friends and the when I pick them up from school when all they want to see is each other. It's so sweet! You are going to be so pleasantly surprised! It's amazing! Xoxo
    Due May 2017

My pink sway 2011 (result-girl)
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...wn-timing.html

My pink sway 2014 (result-girl)
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...pink-sway.html

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have all been there most of us on this site. What you are feeling is totally normal. I too had terrible GD with DS2 ( I was the opposite craving a DD) and he really is the light of my life. Your daughter will be so special, give yourself time to grieve then go buy some gorgeous little girl outfits and think names, decorating the nursery etc Big hugs X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast