Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyBean23 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the posts. While I still don't know what I'm going to do it helps to hear other peoples take on it. It's so hard when it seems as though there have been such good results with boy sways, and here I am one of the few who doesn't look to be getting their boy. Just have those moments of 'why me.' There are good days and bad days where one minute I am totally fine with three girls and the next I cannot believe we got ourselves into this situation. I have really convinced myself its a girl so I think I'll be ok, and regardless of the disappointment when I see her face this will all make sense. Gender disappointment/desire is an AWFUL AWFUL thing. I wish everyone could just get what they want. Guess it's one of the few things in life we cannot control. I thank everyone on here for sharing their experiences/advice as it seems that no one ever talks about it in person. I guess I just want this baby to get here so we can move on with our lives. This is the last baby regardless of gender and while we were in our baby making years there was always this 'what if'/'what will the next one be'. Just want to get on with living and working on accepting the cards that we have been dealt and enjoying our girls. I know I don't post a lot but I read a lot and really appreciate everything everyone has to say.
    I am in the same boat with DS3 although DH has agreed to go for a 4th and if we did that we would definitely definitely go HT. Hugs to you, I wish this was easier!
    (2009)
    (2011- IUI and femara) (2012), (8/2015) (sway opposite) 2019
    HT 2018- Feb - 12 retrieved- 0 embies made it to PGS testing
    April- 10 retrieved- 1 5AB embryo made it to testing- normal XX!!!! July FET- BFP!!! DD born 2019

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    SpicyTunaSushi - when are you due? I am July 14. Have a feeling we are close as I am 20 weeks now. Seems like most people find out and like you I think I am leaning towards not (don't think I'll even get the tech to write it down - bad willpower), but unlike you I have quite a girly though early nub. Will keep an eye on your updates and keep my fingers crossed for you (and everyone)

ps. saw your post about the results being so good so far and someone has to have the girl and SOOOOO feel the same way.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Boo! I just lost my reply!

But yes, we are due around the same time. I didn't have a US in the range you did, so I don't even have nubs to think about, but I am glad. Nubs are difficult to deal with because you just don't know. The US tech who did my 20th week said that 4 women recently came in and told they were having girls from their NT scan and they were all having boys. That would be so sad and devastating!

And, yes the stats are creeping up to the 75-80% success, someone has to get an opposite. I feel like it could be me. I was thinking boy this pregnancy, but doubt has really settled in with those stats. Without those stats, I would be blissfully unaware.

When is your scan? Have you decided what to do? For what it is worth, in my community, most of my friends are pregnant and due with girls, so we need some boys to round out the average. (horrible logic, I know!)
    TTC Blue!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My scan is next Wednesday (was late booking it so am not going until 22 weeks). Still not 100% sure what I'm going to do. Leaning towards not finding out (we didn't find out with my first and was soooo convinced she was a boy... oh the irony). But at the same time I spend so much time playing with ultrasound pics and looking at nubs that I may get a bit of my life back if I do find out. I secretly hope I say I don't want to know and the tech 'accidentally' puts a pic with his little boy parts on my cd

Think it will be a game time decision for me.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok- well this is probably not helpful, but the last few days, I have been nub/ramzi-sessing, even though I have neither a nub shot nor a shot that is useful for Ramzi (my US was at 9+ weeks). I have wasted a lot of time and I thought about just looking at the envelope to fin dout (at Dh's work). I was at DH's office and saw the envelope and could have opened it- but decided not to. It will be hard either way. Good luck! What does Dh want to do?
    TTC Blue!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He doesn't want to find out. I know he would like a boy but is not overly bothered by it either way. He's a great guy, and amazing with our girls, and I really wish I could give him that boy but I know he will love another girl just as much. This yet again falls into the 'why me' category, but I see so many guys who when their wives get pregnant make comments such as 'this better be a boy, I don't want girls, etc. etc. etc... insert other rude comment' go on to get their boy and it somehow just doesn't make sense.

You have some great willpower to have it actually written down and not open it. I commend you cause I don't think I could do that. Smart leaving it at DH's work! I thought about getting the tech to write it down but I don't think I could know it's there and not open it.

Ugh, I know a year from now none of this will matter but right now it's just so hard to know what to do.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you find out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes 1+2+3boys liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't find out. Went by myself as my husband couldn't make it and it would have been easy to find out on my own but just couldn't do it. Think I need to cling to the little bit of hope that it's a boy right up until the end, even though I feel like in my heart I know it's a girl. I know that when I hold her it wont matter and she will be mine and that sweet little peanut will need me and this wont matter. I've always had a hard time connecting with my babies before they were born and I think knowing that, for me finding out before actually wouldn't help me, though I do know some people are different. I'm trying not to obsess over this stuff and spend so much time on these sites, but will make sure to update once baby arrives. I honestly wish everyone would just get their desired gender regardless of what it is or family make up they want. This is an awful awful thing and I really wish I didn't feel it.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jillybean- we are on the same page. A few weeks on, I am not thinking about it very much at all. Third baby doesn't get much attention. I also don't bond that well with the baby in utero, so I didn't think it would matter.

Why are you so sure it is a girl?
    TTC Blue!

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Spicy - is this number three for you too? It is funny how third baby really doesn't get much attention. My husband and I were talking about how fast it has gone by (more for him that for me) and how baby will be here before we know it! Guess that's just a product of having such busy lives and little ones to take care of we cannot dwell on everything like we could before.

I'm pretty convinced it's a girl because of my nub pictures. They were done at 11+6 (measured 12+1) but there are a few of them, and they are all very very girlie. Obviously everyone gives the disclaimer that it's still early, but there isn't really any angle to any of them so I think that kinda solidified what I'm feeling. Maybe there is a small chance it will end up being a boy, but I really think it's another girl and I have accepted that and am ok with it. Just ready to be done with pregnancy (110% sure this is last baby) and really concentrate on raising our girls and the next chapter of our lives

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast