Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How hard did you sway?

And how much do you think your sway affected the outcome, the gender and how you feel emotionally?
    I swayed quite well for about 6 months, lost a lot of weight, but after many bfns, desperate for a bfp and finding the pressure of ttc and swaying difficult, I relaxed my sway a lot over the following few months until it was almost non existent. Now im full of what ifs and wondering how much effect swaying or relaxing a sway has.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I swayed as hard as I could (and for quite a long time - 6 months total, 4 months hard); I'd give it an 80% on atomic's sliding scale of nothing at all to everything and the kitchen sink. I had my beautiful opposite. He isn't a 'fail' and neither am I; my experience and his reality is another chapter in my life.

I still believe is swaying, just not for me.

Hope that helps xxx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

3. Likes pink_bean, ocean liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou so much for sharing your experience. Was your strongest sway at the end or did you relax it for 2 months just before conceiving?
    I had convinced myself that I'd be happy with either gender as long as I'd done all I could but I let myself down by not sticking to the diet until I conceived and im scared I may have swayed blue by increasing calories and nutrients after 6 months on LE diet.
    I will make peace with all of this eventually but it's such a roller coaster!
    Last edited by Sp4rkl3s; March 26th, 2015 at 07:04 PM.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4rkl3s View Post
    Thankyou so much for sharing your experience. Was your strongest sway at the end or did you relax it for 2 months just before conceiving?
    I had convinced myself that I'd be happy with either gender as long as I'd done all I could but I let myself down by not sticking to the diet until I conceived and im scared I may have swayed blue by increasing calories and nutrients after 6 months on LE diet.
    I will make peace with all of this eventually but it's such a roller coaster!
    Not to worry you, but what you described is exactly what happened to me and I did get an opposite. But I agree with Kittybear, he is not a failure he is my beautiful opposite that I never knew I wanted but am so glad to have him.

That being said, it doesn't mean your sway didn't work but just on the chance it didn't I want you to know you will be in love either way.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I swayed hardest at the end Hun. But my baby boy wanted to exist more, and now he is here, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Best of luck xx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately, like the other ladies here, I too was a kitchen sink swayer & had to loosen up in the month in which I conceived as I'd stopped ov through dieting too hard. I used Clomid for my sway too, but ds3 was just meant to be - my beautiful, funny sweet little opposite

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

8. Likes Kittybear liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I swayed twice.

On a scale of 0-100, i would've put my first sway at a 50% sway. It wasn't super strong, but was much more than "letting what happens, happen." I felt I incorporated what I wanted, some of the important tactics and left what I either couldn't do or didn't want to. My first sway resulted in my DG.

On the same scale, my second sway was probably a 60% sway. I added a couple aspects. I was in a better place emotionally with swaying, thus not obsessing about it. I actually was more confident in my second sway than my first. My second sway resulted in an adorable opposite.

I believe in swaying. But I also believe that sometimes our bodies or our children are more powerful. Sure, if you let up your sway, you *might* be more likely to have an opposite. Or maybe not. I don't think we know these things. Like a previous poster said, in the end, it won't matter. The baby you get will be the one you want. Even if you are sad before you meet him/her.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

10. Thanks hopper thanked for this post
    Likes Kittybear, ThreeLittleStars liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou so much for taking the time to post. Reading your replies is really helping me to put things into perspective a bit more. I seem to have convinced myself that because I increased what I was eating after dieting that my body will see that as improving conditions and I'll get a boy for sure, and it will be my own fault that I won't get a DD. If I believed it was fate or a 50/50 chance then I wouldn't feel responsible but I really feel like I've let myself down. I know I'd love another DS, and I'd never think of a child as a fail but I already feel like I've failed.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When will you find out the gender?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't yet decided whether to find out the gender or wait untill birth.

14. Likes Magical22 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast