Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do my friends assume that I wanted a girl after a boy?

I'm into my 7th month of my pregnancy, belly really showing and people starting to ask for the baby's gender.

I have a 2 years old son, and when people asked me the gender of my new baby, I instantly feel that they will feel sorry for me having another son, in fact I really wanted a girl, so I kind of honest to them and said.. "I'm having another son, I'm so scared.. (Then I'll laughed)" just to make some kind of joke so they don't even guess that I am coping my GD, most of my friends would say "oh 2 of the same gender is so lovely" or "lucky boy he's gonna have a little brother" I really feel like they are trying to comfort me, but of course after how I answered their questions they have to say things like that.

So I want to know, is there any non daughters mom out there really want more than 1 son? As I don't know anyone want only sons, I'm guessing all my friends are feeling sorry for me! Please prove me wrong because my GD is hunting me time to time!

I feel jealous even seeing a family of 4 with a boy and a girl on the tube or in the restaurant, and I don't like to feel this way, I know I'll love my son to bits but it's not fair for him..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry you're feeling sad. I can tell you though that when my very good friend got pregnant with her second (first was a boy), she hoped for another son. They only planned on one child so when she got pregnant unexpectedly, she really hoped to give her son a little brother. She did have a boy and couldn't be happier. I may be bias, but there is something very special about seeing two little boys growing up together.
    I think most people assume that women want daughters and men want sons. Sometimes it's true, but a lot of times it's not. Another very good friend of mine doesn't have any children yet but she desperately wants 3 little boys. She thinks I have the perfect family with only boys so whenever I get the old GD feelings creep up, I try to think of her.
    Don't worry, this new little boy will steal your heart as soon as you meet him. But I know how you feel, it's hard to let go. Sending hugs.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

3. Likes trifecta liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly they are probably genuine. Two boys is a lovely family dynamic, I have four now but always fondly remember my two little guys. They are truly the best best best friends!

I met a girl at a party recently and told her four boys. She responded by saying she wanted three boys and she thought boys were the cutest thing ever! Honestly everyone's dream family is different. I think most people do want one of each but there are many that don't. Personally my dream was three boys and two girls. I am going high tech now and hoping I get my two little girls eventually, as well as a snuggly bonus boy!

5. Likes netti02 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't really think everyone assumes. I was taken aback recently at church when one of my friends, an older lady who just became a grandmother to a baby girl, said something to me like, "You and your perfect life...I see you with those two beautiful boys and [DH] and all the fun things you do together...sigh. I'm worried about my daughter." She went onto say how her daughter and her husband have no money and little ambition and they're always helping her out financially. She said she wished her daughter was more like me...commenting that she remembered a few years ago in church choir when I would be studying stuff for work during the sermon..."You always had that laser ambition - whatever you wanted to do you just worked hard and did it. And you still manage to be this great mom..." She made me feel good but also like a bit of a fraud. Half of me wanted to say, "Honey, things may look perfect, but do you know I'm so tortured about not having a daughter that I dropped thousands of dollars on two failed IVF cycles a few months ago, and also just had a miscarriage? Things might look great but somehow I'm not satisfied with what I've got!" Incidentally, this friend of mine adopted her daughter. Years ago I remember she told me the story...of not being able to get pregnant and how long they waited to adopt and how they got the phone call and rushed to the hospital to meet the baby after it was born. "Did you want a boy or a girl?" I remember asking. And I remember her reply, "Oh God, I didn't care! I just wanted a BABY!" So maybe her experience is why she never thinks of GD.

On another note, I remember my assistant desperately wanted another son. She had one boy and really had to fight her husband for a second. She got pregnant and every day leading up to her U/S she kept saying she prayed for another boy. She just loved being a mom to son. She had a stepdaughter who I know she loved but she also said she was very moody and difficult. Not sure if that was why she wanted another boy, or if she just loved boys. Sadly, she miscarried at 10 weeks and never did have another baby.

Adele has also been quote in the press as saying her dream family is...I think four boys. Maybe three boys. But all boys. I remember that.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I stand corrected: she wants FIVE sons! <3

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/adele-pref...063000835.html
    Last edited by oceancitymom; February 8th, 2016 at 11:23 AM.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so so much for all your replies ladies, I read again and again, it really makes me feel better!

My DH's cousin has 4 boys, and all the family think they must wanted girl so badly so they try and try again, why don't they try to think they just want 4 kids no matter what gender? I found it a bit annoying to hear comment like that because I might also end up with 3 boys too(promise my DH 3 is max)

Oceancitymom, sorry to hear your HT experience, my next move is to do HT too, I am saving for 3 cycles package, if things doesn't work out for me then we will try naturally after 3 cycles, are you going to try again?

I wish I have more "wanting boy moms" around me, as I only have a friend who is desperate for a boy, she has a girl though.. And most of my friends have a boy like me and wishing the next one is a girl.. 3 of my friends are pregnant and gonna find out the gender in a month or 2, I'm sure I'll be happy for them because they are my good friends but I can't help thinking I'll be so sad if they all get their girls..

I hope I don't feel like this when number 2 is born!

Thank you so much ladies, you guys are so helpful, better than talking to anyone in my real life!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk