Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Back to Gender Dreaming... with GD anxiety

Hi everyone,

I'm sure most of you don't know who I am, but I was a member here a while back - we swayed for a girl in 2012 (and ended up with a lovely baby boy). Then we went high-tech and finally got our girl after 3 boys.

All has been great... I finally got the girl I wanted, but I was having a very hard time letting go of the embryos (I have two more girls on ice right now). We renewed our embryos last year and they are about to come up for renewal again. I think I was finally ready to let them go - I am going to school right now, graduating in November, and had plans to start a private practice (nutritional therapist).

Well, we just found out we are pregnant. It was totally unexpected (we've been careful, but I guess not careful enough) and it's taken me a couple of weeks to come to terms with it. I didn't really want another baby. But I keep thinking that it might be another little girl and my daughter could have a sister. It's all I can think about, actually. I know when I find out the gender, GD is going to hit me really, really hard if it's a boy. My whole life is going to completely change. I'll have to homeschool them all now - we are currently sending them to private but there is no way we can afford 4 private school tuitions. (My oldest is now an adult, but he still lives with us). That means my dream of a career is over, or at least on hold for several more years. My husband didn't want the baby at all and wanted me to terminate right away. I thought very hard about it, even scheduled an appointment, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Just kept imagining it being a girl. I even talked to a therapist because I was so torn up about it. I feel like it will be worth it for another girl, but not a boy. And I feel terrible for feeling this way.

What makes it even worse is that I have the two girl embryos that I was holding onto in the slim hope that we would go back for one of them. But there is no way that would ever be an option now.

Anyway, I haven't told anyone yet (except random strangers on the internet lol) so I needed a place to vent. I almost didn't want to post this because I should be happy that I at least got my girl! But I know you all understand. Thanks for being here.
    Last edited by Ribbons; April 28th, 2016 at 04:32 PM.
    Supermom to DS1 (1996) & DS2 (2009) & DS3 (2013) & my HT beauty DD4 (2015)
    -=-=-
    • Failed sway attempt in 2012... read my girl sway
    • HT cycle #1 HRC June 2014: 13 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 5 normals (3XX/2XY) - transferred 1XX HEB AB... 4dp6dt BFP!!! HB 125bpm seen 6w3d
    • FET cycle #1 HRC Dec 2016: PUPO with DD5!! BFP POAS 4dp6dt!!! 1XX HB AA <3 <3 <3

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    On the one hand I am so very happy for you, my friend, but on the other I completely get how upsetting this situation would be. Upsetting doesn't do it justice - gut wrenching, life turning upsidedowning, that kind of thing. I so hope that you get a girl, but no matter what happens I wish you peace of mind.

I also want to encourage you with your career - you never know what the future may bring and I homeschool and have this career right from my living room every day. It isn't always easy but it is possible to swing it so you don't necessarily have to give up on your dreams and goals for this new little one - it may take longer but you can still get there.

Hugest hugs and please let me know if I can help in any way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes Ribbons liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel so much empathy for you. Do not feel guilty or bad for any of your feelings -- they are all very understandable.

I'm glad you spoke with a therapist! Did they offer any insight? Ultimately, there is no right ir wrong thing to do here -- just the thing that helps you feel healthiest mentally. I hope we can help you as at least a place for support!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6. Likes Ribbons liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    On the one hand I am so very happy for you, my friend, but on the other I completely get how upsetting this situation would be. Upsetting doesn't do it justice - gut wrenching, life turning upsidedowning, that kind of thing. I so hope that you get a girl, but no matter what happens I wish you peace of mind.

I also want to encourage you with your career - you never know what the future may bring and I homeschool and have this career right from my living room every day. It isn't always easy but it is possible to swing it so you don't necessarily have to give up on your dreams and goals for this new little one - it may take longer but you can still get there.

Hugest hugs and please let me know if I can help in any way.
    Thank you atomic - it means a lot! I'm definitely not one to give up on my dreams and I know I will get through this. 5 kids! I never thought I would be here. I know you can relate
    -=-=-
    • HT cycle #1 HRC June 2014: 13 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 5 normals (3XX/2XY) - transferred 1XX HEB AB... 4dp6dt BFP!!! HB 125bpm seen 6w3d
    • FET cycle #1 HRC Dec 2016: PUPO with DD5!! BFP POAS 4dp6dt!!! 1XX HB AA <3 <3 <3

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    I feel so much empathy for you. Do not feel guilty or bad for any of your feelings -- they are all very understandable.

I'm glad you spoke with a therapist! Did they offer any insight? Ultimately, there is no right ir wrong thing to do here -- just the thing that helps you feel healthiest mentally. I hope we can help you as at least a place for support!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The therapist was really helpful. Amazing actually... She was an abortion counselor and I really needed to work through that whole mess in my head. I am pro choice but I realized after talking to her that it would never be MY personal choice, no matter what. So it was good to get that solidified - I don't think I will have to deal with regret. Of course, as we ALL know, babes win us over the second they are in our arms anyway. She did make a very good point that I was chasing perfection - my perfect family, and always have with my GD - and that life just isn't like that at all. We don't always get what we want, but in the end, it's exactly what we need. (Cue the Rolling Stones lol)
    -=-=-

9. Likes Throwaway_panther, Erin514 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry this is a little off topic but I'm just wondering where did you go down the route of high tech and is it expensive? Have 3 boys and I'm nearly too nervous to sway in case I don't get my desired gender ... In relation to your shock pregnancy I hope you get a little sister for your girl!!! X

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

11. Likes Ribbons liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure that would be very hard but this baby is just really meant to be and it could absolutely be a girl. I always think when our plans change it is for a reason :-) Hoping you can find peace xxx

13. Likes Ribbons liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by amelia10 View Post
    Sorry this is a little off topic but I'm just wondering where did you go down the route of high tech and is it expensive? Have 3 boys and I'm nearly too nervous to sway in case I don't get my desired gender ... In relation to your shock pregnancy I hope you get a little sister for your girl!!! X

I went to Dr. Potter at HRC in Huntington Beach California.

There is a private board on this site that is amazing. High-tech members forum... If you're interested, I highly recommend getting a membership so that you can view the private board and just read everything you can. It will help you decide if it's right for you.

It can be very expensive and physically demanding... Not for everyone. But I don't regret a single penny, especially since I've lived with gender desire since the day I was born pretty much I spent around $20k total after all of the procedures, medications, dr visits, scans, hotels flights etc. (I'll be paying that credit card for a long time yet...) I was able to have a successful cycle the first time around which doesn't happen for everyone. I spent a year prior to the cycle getting my body into as healthy of a condition as I possibly could and I think that helped the success.

I think the hardest thing about all of it is if you have leftover embryos. You have to know what you will do with them and that can be surprisingly hard. Use, donate, store forever, let them go... You and your partner will have to both decide and sign together.

There are several reputable clinics in the US and around the world. HRC was closest to me. Good luck in what you decide! You can always pm me if you have any more questions at all, I'm happy to answer xo
    -=-=-

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your reply, 20 k rules me out automatically I'm afraid!!! :-( and I live in Ireland so flights too expensive ... Oh well will just have to give naturally swaying a go I suppose and pray to God my prayers are answered!!!! Thank u xxx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i know it is no guarantee but a lot of surprise babies do seem to be girls!! and if you were trying to prevent pregnancy then id say that also goes in your favor for a pink bean i can only imagine how it must feel to be back to the is it a boy-is it a girl waiting game when youve already got ht girls ready to go and never thought you would be back in this position..

but for what its worth you do have every chance at another girl this time, just because all your non-ht pregnancies so far have been boys doesnt mean that its set in stone, the chance of either gender is always there no matter how many of one gender you already have, i had a surprise girl after 4 boys last year and have done a girl sway this time as like you i would love a little sister for my girl, i dont know what im having yet so i am also stuck playing the waiting game..

i hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy and fingers crossed that youve got a little on board xx
    now 6blue5pink

17. Likes Ribbons liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast