Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face So much pressure on me, I feel so annoyed with myself.

We tried so hard to have a boy this time. We tried to gender sway and we were convinced it was going to happen.
    When I fell pregnant I was convinced we'd done it. Following the old wives tales we were expecting a boy, my symtoms were so different to with DD. Everyone was over the moon, me, OH, the family, even DD at the thought of having a boy. It'll be the first one in the family after 13 girls!

Then I had my 12 week scan..

And everything pointed to girl. I posted on so many forums and not one person said boy. A few people said they were 50/50, a few said it looked like it could be rising, but the general consensus was its a girl.

I could cry.
    The family are still convinced it's a boy. DD cried saying she doesn't want a sister, OH just shrugged.

If this babys a girl I'm scared it won't be as wanted as a boy would have been by everyone.

I know I'll love this baby unconditionally, it's my baby after all. But I don't want anymore children after this. I just "wanted" a boy, to make everyone happy.

I feel like Anne Boyelyn trying to please Henry the 8th right now, lol.

I know It could still be a boy, but the chances are slim, and I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst. I do feel gutted thinking about it being a girl though I must admit.

All that matters really is that baby is healthy at the end of the day.
    Last edited by BarbieMummy; July 26th, 2016 at 02:14 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had another look at your nub, I definitely don't think you can count yourself out for a boy just yet. It does look like it could be on the rise. Try not to worry about disappointing other people, I understand that feeling because it felt like everyone (especially my mum, father-in-law and daughter) were all really gunning for my third child (DS2) to be a girl. It made me feel really low when I found out he was a boy. But as it turns out he is the most amazing baby ever. I mean all my babies have been delightful but there is something very special about DS2. And funnily enough he has the most special relationship with my mum, FIL and daughter. They all adore him so much. My daughter even said today - completely randomly - "I wanted you to have a baby girl Mummy but you had a boy instead but I'm so glad he's a boy because he's the cutest best boy EVER!"

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    We would love another to complete our beautiful family

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Fm

I've kind of prepared myself for a girl now. When we had our scan me and oh both looked at eachother and said "it's a boy" but how or why I'm not sure, I think it's because we both want it to be. The chances are so slim though boys just aren't happening in our family for some reason, and I think he's just desperate to carry on the name and be the "star" of the show if you like.

DD is very high maintenance, probably our fault we've spoilt her for the past 4 years and now we're worried we're going to end up with two very high maintenance girls, lol.

There's nothing I can do to change it, we done all we could and I'm ready to be the family that don't bring the family boy, I just hope if baby is a girl like your family, it doesn't get treated any differently and ends up just as loved as DD.

Thank you for your kind words, it really does mean the world X