Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

10 weeks and already anxious about GD

After finally getting pregnant again after several losses, I am thrilled!
    But now that I'm almost out of the first trimester, and gender ultrasound is booked, I'm feeling so nervous. I didn't think about it too much before because it was always on the table that IF we had another boy we could try a third and final time for a girl.
    Well now dh says no way, two is the limit and then he wants a vasectomy.
    We might even be having a girl, but knowing this is the only chance I am heartbroken. Trying to mentally prepare for a boy, but the thought makes me so sad. (Feel like dh is doing a dirty, because before we had our son he always said he would have as many as he had to to get his boy.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I'm expecting my third and find out the gender next week. We already have two boys and after a few losses plus a long time swaying, I'm super nervous. My stomach is in knots every time I think about it. I really didn't give it too much thought until after the first trimester but now at 18 weeks I'm getting butterflies at the thought of knowing the gender. I'm expecting to hear boy and have told myself this whole time it's a boy.
    Your DH may change his mind down the road and he has the rest of your pregnancy and after the baby is born to decide he wants to have a third. We were originally planning on just two kids but after lots of talks with DH, we decided to go for a third. Just give him some space and he may come around. You also definitely have a chance at having a girl this time! So you may be nervous for nothing.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ksmom. Guess I'm just venting on this board because I feel like it sounds awful to tell people in my life I really want a certain gender, but I know people here understand.
    I really hope you get the news you're looking for next week. It is so stressful! I'm doing the same as you - trying to think of baby as a boy and prepare myself to hear that news.
    I know as soon as the baby is born it won't matter what they are, but right now it feels like such a big deal.