Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow thats a huge diference in price. I dont think my Doctor will go for signing off my pre testing. I just get the feeling that with it being illegal here in Australia and such a taboo subject she woill not do it on those grounds. How did you put it to your Doctor, just that you were doing it for family balancing. Thanks. im presuming if she does then she will sign off on Gonal F.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumof3girls View Post
    My GP did all my refferals for my pre testing. You can get script easy for Gonal F they come in 2 packs & if you can get it on PBS (government subsidised) it will only cost $37 for 2 pens but if you can't get on PBS I think it costs $500 for 2 pens.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I told my GP that I was doing GS in the US & I showed her the pre testing referral & she re wrote the blood & Ultrasound orders. I know that its illegal for Drs to even help in WA but in VIC the Drs can help but it is illegal to do the GS here. My GP would not precribe the IVF meds but she did prescribe Crinone tome. My IVF Dr didn't put my Gonal F on PBS but the pharmacy I went to did it for me & I couldn't beleive the price difference.
    DW 38
    DH 37

Cycle # 1 HRC Dr Potter 8th March 2014
    7 retrieved, 3 Mature, 2 Fertilised, 1 abnormal XY XB BB -10,-16,
    1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    First BETA 135 26/3/14 11dp6dt, Second BETA 859 31/3/14 16dp6dt
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14
    NO HEARTBEAT! 22/4/14, D&C 23/4/14

Cycle # 2 HRC Dr Potter ER OCT 2014
    Stimmed an extra 2 days so ER was 31st Oct Halloween
    19 retrieved & 14 mature & all 14 fertilised
    7 to day 5 testing, 3 abnormal xy's
    1 normal xy HB AA Transferred 6/11/14
    3 normal xx
    First BETA HCG 400 E2 1389 P4 17, 17th Nov 10dp6dt
    Second BETA HCG 1022 E2 3246 P4 88.3 19th Nov 12dp6dt
    Third BETA HCG 15513 E2 3803 P4 78.4 27th Nov 20dp6dt

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I told my GP that I was doing GS in the US & I showed her the pre testing referral & she re wrote the blood & Ultrasound orders. I know that its illegal for Drs to even help in WA but in VIC the Drs can help but it is illegal to do the GS here. My GP would not precribe the IVF meds but she did prescribe Crinone tome. My IVF Dr didn't put my Gonal F on PBS but the pharmacy I went to did it for me & I couldn't beleive the price difference.
    Hi . our internet has been down so only just been able to get back on here. Well my Husband and I went and spoke to our GP last week and as suspected she was not having any of it. So now our internet up and running my quest for the week is trying to find a doctor who will

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueplease View Post
    Hi . our internet has been down so only just been able to get back on here. Well my Husband and I went and spoke to our GP last week and as suspected she was not having any of it. So now our internet up and running my quest for the week is trying to find a doctor who will
    You could go to another GP & tell them you have been trying for 2yrs & ask for a referral to an IVF DR then tell the IVF Dr you have decided to do IVF overseas & ask for pre testing & ask for them to re write your scripts.(you don't have to tell them anything about Gender Selection just tell them you are going overseas for their sucess rates)
    DW 38
    DH 37

1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14

3 normal xx

5. Likes Hitmebabyonemoretime liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    The only way you get the $1,000 off is if you schedule your consult using the forms on here so they know you are a member here.

I cycled in atlanta with RBA. They no longer offer GS unfortunately.
    Hi would you mind directing me to the forms on here for GSA. Many thanks

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Mumof3girls,
    I am very new to all of this but would like to know, when you cycled for the second time, besides the change in the AUD affecting the cost of things, is it pretty much the same cost as the first? I am 37, 38 in Sept and my hubby is 40, turning 41 in Oct. I really want to do it but am trying to weight up whether it is worth spending all the money when realistically our chances of conceiving in 1 or even 2 cycles seems relatively low. I am waiting to hear back from GS Aus about a few things but have become obsessed with trying to find out more!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by shellburke77 View Post
    Hi Mumof3girls,
    I am very new to all of this but would like to know, when you cycled for the second time, besides the change in the AUD affecting the cost of things, is it pretty much the same cost as the first? I am 37, 38 in Sept and my hubby is 40, turning 41 in Oct. I really want to do it but am trying to weight up whether it is worth spending all the money when realistically our chances of conceiving in 1 or even 2 cycles seems relatively low. I am waiting to hear back from GS Aus about a few things but have become obsessed with trying to find out more!!
    The second cycle cost the same just my meds cost me double because I was on max dose & because I stimmed an extra 2 days I spent another $600US on Menopur.
    DW 38
    DH 37

1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14

3 normal xx

9. Thanks shellburke77 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WOW your storey sounds very similar to mine as we were looking at doing HT for our third child but decided to sway which ended up in our third DD which we adore. We only decided to go HT because there was not way I wanted to leave it up to chance & I wanted that gaurentee that a boy was being put back. I was 37yrs when I did my first cycle & I ended up with 1 normal xy & got a BPF but unfortunatly he was not growing & he was measuring 2 weeks behind & no heartbeat so I had to have a D & C. For my second cycle I was 38yrs & Dr Potter put me on a more agressive protocol & I had 1 normal xy again & I am currently 19weeks pregnant with my boy.
    I paid a lot more for my second cycle as our dollar dropped so much & my meds cost me double as I was put on a more aggresive protocol but it also depends if you can get Gonal F on PBS. You need to pay $400US for the Anethetist & about $750US on other meds you will need while you are there. I did end up buying more Menopur in the US both times & my meds were increased first time & the second time I stimmed for an extra 2 days.

Hi Mumof3

I hope you dont mind me contacting you again. I have private messaged you but it said your inbox was full. We were in contact in March- we have similar stories, in regards to our ages, 3 daughters etc. We were in the process of having our pre testing with the aim to go to LA in Septemebr. Due to a number of family issues we had to delay this till November. We are all booked for the very beginning of November. I have had my pre testing done and have just started on the contraceptive pill/ pregnancy multi vitamin. Idont and never have soked but have cut out now my luch loved wine. I eat healthily but have upped my protein and veggies and am doing pilates a few times a week. Is there anything esle you feel I should be doing now with the lead up to it. I was thinking accupunture. We have one shot at this financially so want to be in the best form possibly.

Im so technically rubbish I am useless and finding it difficult to use and navigate myself around the site. Is there any specific links etc you could direct me to.

How are you also, Im presuming your due anytime now.

Thanks
    Blueplease

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WOW your storey sounds very similar to mine as we were looking at doing HT for our third child but decided to sway which ended up in our third DD which we adore. We only decided to go HT because there was not way I wanted to leave it up to chance & I wanted that gaurentee that a boy was being put back. I was 37yrs when I did my first cycle & I ended up with 1 normal xy & got a BPF but unfortunatly he was not growing & he was measuring 2 weeks behind & no heartbeat so I had to have a D & C. For my second cycle I was 38yrs & Dr Potter put me on a more agressive protocol & I had 1 normal xy again & I am currently 19weeks pregnant with my boy.
    I paid a lot more for my second cycle as our dollar dropped so much & my meds cost me double as I was put on a more aggresive protocol but it also depends if you can get Gonal F on PBS. You need to pay $400US for the Anethetist & about $750US on other meds you will need while you are there. I did end up buying more Menopur in the US both times & my meds were increased first time & the second time I stimmed for an extra 2 days.
    Cngratulations- I see he has arrived.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Link to Gender Selection Australia contact form for free consult and $1,000 off your cycle-

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/anno...australia.html
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast