Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Very Nervous, lots of questions...

My husband and I are planning a trip to HRC in December 2015 with our two little boys. I am planning to have pretesting done in Sept 2015. What would recommend the next steps be for me to do to prepare for the trip or pretesting? Is there things that I can take and my husband to take to better our chances of haveing more "normal" xx's during ER?

Also, plane tickets are really cheap right now. Do any of you book this far in advance or should I wait to see what my pretesting results are going to be?

Thanks for any advice and help... feels so lonely sometimes!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have your dates? If you book travel, make sure you allow extra days in case you stim for more than 10 days!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi nuthinbutpink , what does it mean to 'stim more than 10 days?' I'm trying to get used to all the lingo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have been in contact with hrc already ask them to give you orders for pretests before your telephone consult that way you will have results to discuss I wouldn't book anything till this is all done then after consult they give you your schedule and dates etc and you can book easier I took a good pre natal tablet and hubby took cyvita but a decent pre conception supplement is ok and vit c and olive leaf oil too we tried to eat healthy and no drinking and smoking x

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Remustroy, that is very helpful. Where can I find cyvita or olive leaf oil,...at a walgreens? When I talked to Lori, she was telling me to do pretesting in sept. I will request to have my consult with Dr. P after I get those results. I was wanting to book flights already but perhaps I will wait until after pretesting and consult.

NBP, how long would you recommend I make the trip? ER is tentitively scheduled now (without pretesting yet) for Dec. 9th. I think I will have my first appointment in CA on the 7th. We were planning on flying out the night of the 6th...hoping the boys (4 and 1yo.) will sleep on the plane.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cyvita is available online and not sure about olive leaf I got mine on Amazon but I'm in uk pretesting lasts 6 months I did mine in March and cycled in August I did a fresh transfer and was there 13 days 2 before er for first appointment and flew home a couple of days after transfer

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Remustroy View Post
    Cyvita is available online and not sure about olive leaf I got mine on Amazon but I'm in uk pretesting lasts 6 months I did mine in March and cycled in August I did a fresh transfer and was there 13 days 2 before er for first appointment and flew home a couple of days after transfer
    Great info. I will try Amazon So was your Fresh transfer successful? I am hoping to do a fresh transfer as well. There are so many variables that go into it that make me so nervous! I really want it to work the first time but I know much of it is out of my control. I'm trying to research and read as much as I can so I can better my odds. Any little tricks or tips are helpful.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkim4 View Post
    Thanks Remustroy, that is very helpful. Where can I find cyvita or olive leaf oil,...at a walgreens? When I talked to Lori, she was telling me to do pretesting in sept. I will request to have my consult with Dr. P after I get those results. I was wanting to book flights already but perhaps I will wait until after pretesting and consult.

NBP, how long would you recommend I make the trip? ER is tentitively scheduled now (without pretesting yet) for Dec. 9th. I think I will have my first appointment in CA on the 7th. We were planning on flying out the night of the 6th...hoping the boys (4 and 1yo.) will sleep on the plane.
    I would ask Lori how accurate the 9th is for planning travel. The only thing to keep in mind is that if you need more time than average to take meds to make follicles(the estimate is 10 days but can go up to 12), your ET date is delayed for every day you stim longer than expected. Don't try to book your return the day after ET for you. That's tge bottom line. It's cutting it too close.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I agree I would want it in writing from lori before I booked anything unless they are changeable flights and yes my transfer was successful I'm 33 weeks pregnant and lucky enough to be a ohw I always planned for 2 cycles in my head so apart from the supplements and advise lori gave I just tried to relax and go with the flow to be honest and wanted my body to be as normal as poss before transfer I stimmed well but out of the 18 eggs retrieved only 6 fertilised and to be honest I thought it was game over but hubby said keep going and I thought if it didn't work I would change my diet etc for next cycle but I was lucky and got 4 normals and 2 were xx only one was of good quality though so I put both back as Dr potter said second would not survive a freeze and I'm pregnant with 1 xx I did one day full bed rest and 2nd day just went for breakfast and down to pool and then 3 rd day shopping and flew the next xx

10. Thanks kimkim4 thanked for this post