Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Failed first attempt

Just found out that my first attempt with HRC in the US has tested negative - very disappointed as only had one girl embryo to transfer, but was at hatching stage so thought was positive. No frozen embryos to fall back on so deciding what to do next. We had a month holiday for this cycle so can't do that again - have people started their meds at home (I'm in UK) and then flown out for egg retrieval and transfer? If that can be done, when do you fly out - just before the trigger shot? And how long do you need to be there for?? Really not sure what to do now...know it doesn't always work first time but thought i'd at least have a frozen one to fall back on...didn't even get that so have to start again

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Usually you need to be there for an appointment before the trigger, and two days after the transfer bedresting. At least, this is HRC's advise. So, if you go for a fresh transfer, you need to be there eleven days more or less...
    Mum to a beautiful and dreaming with a little (or two!!!! )

--------------------------

Cycle #1 HRC. September 2014. 7 retrieved, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and tested. One XX comp EB B/C transferred. BFN

Cycle #2 HRC. January 2015. 4 retrieved, 1 mature, 0 fertilized. NT.

Cycle #3 HRC

Little Mon we're waiting for you!!! 06.17.

Baby Mon is coming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I have seen here, ladies either choose a 2 week(ish) holiday if undergoing fresh transfer, or 5 days to a week if they are freezing any resulting embryos to return for a frozen embryo transfer (FET) at a later date.

Sorry your first cycle didn't work how were your pretesting results? There is lots of info here to help you Hun, if you choose to cycle again. Xx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did 13 nights for fresh transfer arrived 2 days before er hubby had already been over but if you do fet you can do two 5 day trips I think sorry your transfer didn't work x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hear it didn't work for you You definitely don't have to go for a whole month again, if you can start stimulating locally. Did DH leave a sample? So you can just return on your own? Would be much less daunting a second time around I imagine.. I am hoping our first go works, but prepared that bad luck does happen
    DW 32
    DH 42

DS1 2011 DS2 2013

Can't believe my dream for has come true!!

Cycle#1 Thailand April 2015: 19 retrieved, 13 mature, 12 fertilised, 6 to day 5 testing, 1 abnormal (XX) 5 normal: 4XY, 1XX!!
    FET 30th June.. BFP!!

Baby girl Melina born 20th March 2016
    Very grateful for the support this site provided, thank you gender dreaming!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Failed first attempt

We did pretesting and started med protocol at home. Flew over for last scan, egg retrieval etc. now you've done it once, you will know what to expect. Plus you will most likely get the meds far cheaper, American meds are SO expensive, I have meds left I can't even use now!

I too just came home with a failed attempt. One egg retrieved and was abnormal, so we didn't even get as far as fertilizing stage!

My advice would be, if your first tests for pretesting are poor, wait for another month and test again. It's such an expensive process, you want to make sure your follicle count is good and high
    to give you every chance of success.

Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is pretesting the hormone levels they take at day 2/3 of period? If so those were
    FSH – 9.0
    Progesterone – 1.1
    Beta oestrodiol - 106
    AMH – 10.6
    Are these good? I am actually pretty clueless (realising now how unprepared and naive we were doing this)

I had 11 good follicules that were good size so retrieved 10 eggs of which 8 were fertilised and 6 icsied with 5 normal fertilisation. All 5 went to day 5 testing, 3 were normal, 2 XY, 1 XX which was transferred...how does this compare? Was this a good result (despite the transfer failure)?

8. Likes Pinkdaydreamer liked this post