Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Insurance coverage for meds for pgd

So my insurance would only cover ivf costs if it were for infertility and not gender selection. If I were to do the pgd gender selection ivf I have to pay out of pocket but do u think they would cover the meds? I'm curious if anyone had this situation and if their insurance at least covered the meds. I'm scared to ask the insurance because then they will not that I'm doing gender selection and not sure if doctors can code it a different way or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks PinkyPie thanked for this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Whose telling them IVF is for GS?? They don't normally even ask that! If you have coverage, and the doctor submits it, it is covered. Same with meds. They simply get the script from the doctor. They don't ask why you need it. They don't care.

My meds were covered by insurance. IVF was not because I used a doctor outside of my network.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

4. Likes Giselle2016 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No one will say a word about gender selection unless you do. There is not one definitive test that says you are infertile and you can have all normal results, yet still have trouble conceiving. Insurance will not ask you for proof that you are infertile.
    (2010) (2013 LE sway opposite) HT (HRC 2018)

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #1 Aug 2016: Chemical
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    FET #3 Aug 2017 Immune protocol: BFP!
    arrived May 2018

6. Likes Giselle2016 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But what if u already have 3 children naturally? They won't ask how u had those 3 children naturally?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Whose telling them IVF is for GS?? They don't normally even ask that! If you have coverage, and the doctor submits it, it is covered. Same with meds. They simply get the script from the doctor. They don't ask why you need it. They don't care.

My meds were covered by insurance. IVF was not because I used a doctor outside of my network.
    Omg if that is the case, I will have half my first cycle paid for! Sorry for being an idiot, how do I find out if dr. Potter is in my network?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Giselle2016 View Post
    But what if u already have 3 children naturally? They won't ask how u had those 3 children naturally?

People develop secondary infertility all the time even after having several children. it's not unusual.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Likes nicoler, Giselle2016 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoler View Post
    No one will say a word about gender selection unless you do. There is not one definitive test that says you are infertile and you can have all normal results, yet still have trouble conceiving. Insurance will not ask you for proof that you are infertile.
    Thank u! This makes me feel so much better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not in the US so I don't know anything about insurance networks and the Drs within them. I do know that the insurance claims department would not necessarily be aware of your other children and if they are, they don't have any idea (nor will they care) how they were conceived. You could have conceived them all through ivf (out of pocket) for all they know. They won't ask or say anything about it. Also, it is not unusual at all to do pgd as part of an ivf cycle if you are over 35. It just ensures you are transferring a chromosomally normal embryo that will give you the best chance at pregnancy. Knowing the gender is just a perk that comes along with that testing.
    (2010) (2013 LE sway opposite) HT (HRC 2018)

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #1 Aug 2016: Chemical
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    FET #3 Aug 2017 Immune protocol: BFP!
    arrived May 2018

13. Likes Giselle2016 liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you done a consult with HRC? If not, fill out the form on here to request a consult. They will get your insurance and investigate for you!!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

15. Likes Giselle2016 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Have you done a consult with HRC? If not, fill out the form on here to request a consult. They will get your insurance and investigate for you!!
    No I haven't because I'm still pregnant with my 3rd son and feel like it's so long away from now. I will have to do this soon enough though so I can get my info correct and know exactly what I'm going to do and how much it will cost as soon as I'm ready! U girls have been sooo helpful! Thanks a bunch!