Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. Sorry - for some reason I only just saw this thread.

I went down the HT route last year and I'm now 23 weeks pregnant with a little girl. From the research I did it seemed as though the European clinics were cheaper but had less good results which was fine if age was on your side and you could do multiple cycles but not ideal if, like me, you were in your late 30s with just one shot. As a result I went to Dr Potter at HRC in Newport Beach. I had just turned 38 when I cycled and I was lucky enough to have 2 normal XXs - my first transfer failed but the 2nd was successful and here I am with a bump.

Although I am a success story I was incredibly lucky to be a one hit/cycle wonder at my age. I think a lot of that was because my pretesting results were good - my acupuncturist kept telling me I had the results of a much younger woman!

If you would consider HT in the US I would suggest contacting HRC via the link on this forum (it gives you a free consult with Dr P and a discount if you cycle). You can ask them for details of pretesting and get the tests done before having a chat with Dr P. That way you'll have an idea of your chances of success if you go ahead.

Best of luck with it all and feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrid86 View Post
    Hi Wendy, I'm pregnant with a boy after a huge sway for girl and on top of that, I was pregnant with a lovely baby girl last year but we lost her at 7 months gestation
    So right now, I'm 19 weeks pregnant but I'm not really happy with this pregnancy because I really long for a girl
    I never thought I would do it, but I'm really considering HT for our next child, because I don't think I could live without having a daughter.
    I'm not a dream member but I never saw anything here on doing PGD in Greece. Is it allowed there? And how did you know about them? Can you tell me a price and the chances? Thanks a lot!
    Dear Sigrit,
    sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I do not get into the forum very often. First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy. I also wanted a daughter and that is why I chose PGD.
    After extensive search, I went to Crete Fertility Centre in Heraklion, Crete in Greece. I came across many ads from many different clinics but if you search properly you will realise that they are advertised a lot but do not have much success and experience. At Crete Fertility centre, I did not have any issues throughout the whole treatment., although my residence was far away from the centre. They were always very supportive and by my side in every step. The staff are all very helpful and supportive and the doctor has great experience and knowledge. On top of that, Crete is a great holiday destination and I really enjoyed my holidays while being there. I paid 5850 for the treatment. Of course it depends on the technique and the number of foetuses they check. If you need more information, please let me know. I am happy to provide everything you need.
    My nest wishes

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi wendy,I agree with you. I returned back from Crete a month ago. I visited Crete Fertility Centre. I had egg donation and I am now pregnant. I am very pleased with their professionalism and their treatment. I was in contact with the 24/7 and I did not get stressed at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12