Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Desperately want a girl

Hi all
    I'm new here and as I already have 3 boys would really like to try for a girl. I want to do my research first before I get my husband on board.
    First I'm 37 and it never took me more than 6 mo this to get pregnant so I don't have fertility issues, however I Am aware age is not on my side.
    My questions are
    1) Where is the best place to go?
    2) how many times does it take( on average)
    3) around how much does it cost per go?
    4) Any advice for me?

2. Thanks boysmom36 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! I'm sure some of our lovely ladies will chime in shortly but I do want to point out that the longer you wait, the lower your chances are. I would put a fire under yourself if at all possible to get your research done and DH on board as quickly as possible.

Good luck!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks marybon thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi fifa.
    I am in a similar position. I have 3 boys and 36 years old. Desperately wanting a girl to complete our family.
    Check out http://www.sart.org/ to view clinic stats. From what I can see the USA is the best spot. Cyprus and other places are cheaper but again from what I see, need several attempts so probably works out just as expensive as USA. DR potter has the best results and you can view cycles on this website. You can also get a 1000dollar discount by booking a consult through the site. I did this and have just filled in form etc. I now need to wait 2 weeks to start some pretesting. After the pretesting I will get a consult with dr potter.i will have a good idea where I stand when my blood work comes back. He will have all of my history so can give me more info then. Cost for 1 cycle is 14,900 dollars.cheaper than a lot of nyc clinics which have lower stats.
    I am interested in seeing how you get on whatever you decide as we are in similar situation.

6. Thanks marybon thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck with your upcoming journey!
    Most ladies here go to hrc, I'm sure there are other clinics that are fabulous too. I chose it cause I did not need to do plenty of research.
    I conceived the very first month of trying for a baby with my boys. At 30 and 33 years old. Still took me 4 cycles to get pregnant. If gd wasn't a issue I probably would have needed only one and perhaps a FET or 2 with remaining eggs. There are many ohw aswell, so you will never know.
    I would proceed immediately though cause Ivf and high age is lowering your chances, even with high fertility.
    Good luck!
    Me 34 DH 35. hoping to add
    Cycle 1# Jan Hrc, 9 retrieved, 5 to pgd, 1 healthy xx (EB BC)& 2 xy bfn
    Cycle 2# April Hrc, 10 retrieved, 7 to pgd, 1 healthy xy NT
    Cycle 3# June Hrc, 12 retrieved, 9 to pgd, healthy 1 xx (HEB AA) bfn
    Cycle 4# August Hrc, microdose flare protocol: 18 retrieved, 9 to pgd, 2 xy 1 xx. FET with immune protocol 2015. BFP 4dp6dt! DD born in 2016.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I'm in a similar situation. I am 34 and have 3 boys. Never had any fertility issues but longing for a girl. Hoping to cycle early next year. Had not really considered USA because of the price and we will be taking boys with us on a holiday so had Cyprus in mind. I have been in contact with team miracle in Cyprus and they have been very informative, but from reading on the forums perhaps genesis is better? Any advice on this? I'm brand new to these forums so trying to work it all out.

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,
    So HT has a lot to do with age even if you are fertile/easy conceptions in prior pregnancies?
    thanks

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,
    I don't know a lot about the other clinics, but I had my first and only cycle at HRC with Dr Potter and was successful. We have our little girl. My job is as a scrub nurse in operating theaters, I couldn't fault anything throughout my treatment. We chose the US because of their success rates, their medical professional standards and the medical facility standards.
    Hope this is helpful. Wish all the best.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,

We were successful at SART, Bangkok, after 2 cycles and 1 transfer. I was 40.

It's been a long time since i've been on this forum and it feels like a million years since i we were in Bangok (our daughters only 13 months!!!) but please feel free to ask any questions.

Milagros.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by boyshopping View Post
    Hi Atomic,
    So HT has a lot to do with age even if you are fertile/easy conceptions in prior pregnancies?
    thanks
    Yes, unfortunately that seems to be the case. We have quite a lot of swayers 35+ who do not succeed with HT rounds and end up swaying anyway. The older you are, the lower odds of conception with HT, even if you are able to conceive easily before and after the HT rounds.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the same situation! I'm in the UK, would love a baby girl and I'm trying to decide between the US clinics. I'm 32 with a darling son and step son.

Does anyone know which clinics are set up with London clinics, to ensure all your pre-testing, meds, etc can be smoothly sorted out at home to minimise the length of your trip to the US?

Also, is there any part of this website where there are details of how many cycles required and the costs required before success? (What I'm really looking for is a rough idea of how much it will cost to get my girl through IVF - I'm 32 with no fertility issues).

Many thanks! This is my first post :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast