Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Erricson Method

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Erricson Method

Hi everyone

I'm new to this site and was hoping to get some feedback and do a survey on on outcomes of the erricson method ( aka sperm spinning) for SEX selection.

One reason we don't want to do IVF and PGD is due to it being so complicated and also expensive.
    Also my husband is scared of potentially having twins.

We have an upcoming appt with a doctor that does the erricson
    Method in our area.

I'm hoping to see what people have to say about it based on their own experience with it or people they know who have done this method.

We know that this method only increase your chances and it's not 100% and we are fine with it.
    As long as we can increase our chances a bit we are fine with it.

Please share your experience whether positive or negative.
    Our consult appt is coming up soon.

Thanks so much

P

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We don't really have anyone posting about it anymore. It's never been studied by anyone outside of Ericsson to see if it really helps at all.

IVF is a big step so I certainly understand wanting an alternative! Ask how many attempts it might take to get pregnant!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm trying to take a poll by coming on this forum.

You would think people would do this method if it worked since it's not as pricey.

They quoted me $280 for consult and each cycle for $1200. It can take up to 6 cycles ( depending on parents age) but they said on average they have success of pg after 3 cycles.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Dislikes mamaofboys524 disliked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would definitely recommend swaying over the EM, as it is a better shot. With strong sways you have an 80-90% chance of getting your desired gender. It does take more time and effort, though.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's no proof it actually sways gender odds. 6 tries sounds like a lot. We haven't had anyone post about it that I'm aware of.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @ Maidenmother I was planning on following the diet a bit and taking cranberry pills.
    Can you direct me to where I can
    Find more info on natural swaying?
    There is so much info and just don't know where to start.

Thanks

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @ nuthinbutpink I can't open the link.
    Can you resend. Thx

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    kitbedit, here's a strong pink sway in a nutshell, most important tactics listed first:

1. The LE (Low Everything) diet - diet is BY FAR the strongest, most essential, research proven sway factor, that you should focus on above all else (there is plenty of detailed info available on genderdreaming.com, even a meal plan you can buy if you don't want to learn the diet or count calories)
    a) The overall concept is
    -keep total daily calories low (1500 on average, though this number can be more or less depending on your weight, BMI & activity level)
    -keep protein low
    -keep fat low, especially
    b) Ideally, you should
    -eat vegetarian, in particular no/very little red meat & fatty fish
    -skip breakfast or delay it as long as possible so that you have an overnight fast between your last meal of the previous day and first meal of the next that is at least 12 hours (16-18 hours even better)
    -eat only 2-3 meals per day
    -never snack between meals
    -consume mostly polyunsaturated plant fats, with some monounsaturated plant fats, and only a little bit of saturated fat (preferably from plant over animal sources)
    -minimize nutrients, by choosing less nutritious options when possible (for example, iceberg lettuce over spinach in a salad, white bread over whole wheat, etc)
    -select skim/nonfat (or even reduced/lowfat) dairy, which sways pink, over full fat dairy which sways blue; but some fullfat dairy in small smounts, even butter, is fine and even necessary if you don't get saturated fat from much else in your diet (some saturated fat is required to maintain O)
    -avoid vitamin/mineral fortified foods, especially breakfast cereal
    -avoid/severely minimize oats, which sway strongly blue
    -get most of your calories from carbs (the only high aspect of the LE is high carb), with simple/refined carbs being superior, unless you have PCOS/insulin resistance
    -there are no magic foods you should focus on that sway pink, and very few no-no foods that you need to avoid completely or nearly so (excluding red meat, fatty fish, fortified foods, and oats)

2. 60+ min cardio exercise daily
    a)minimum 5 days/week, but every day is ideal
    b)at least 60 minutes of continuous exercise with no breaks, longer is better, up to 2 hours daily
    c)anything that keeps your heart rate up without building strength, such as walking, running, biking, aerobics, swimming laps, rollerblading
    d)avoid building up muscle, so definitely no weight lifting
    OR, if you can't do 60 min cardio daily, you should do the complete opposite extreme and be as sedentary as possible - but no matter what
    e)minimize moderate activity, as this sways blue

3. Only ONE, single BD attempt in your fertile period (timing DOES NOT sway, but how much sex you have DOES)
    a)ideally, have your single attempt 1-2 days before O to maximize your odds of conception
    -most achieve this by testing with OPKs daily and BDing as soon as they get their first positive OPK
    -keep testing with OPKs until they fade out/turn negative; if you have 3 or more days of positive OPKs in a row, BD a second time 4 days after your first attempt (if for example 1st attempt was on CD14, 2nd attempt should be on CD18)
    -if you have the normal 1-2 days of positive OPKs, just stick with the one attempt
    -no other unprotected sex/BDing during your cycle except for your one or maybe 2 attempts, but sex with a condom is fine
    -this tactic works best for those with normal, regular length cycles and no hormonal problems (such as long and/or irregular cycles, PCOS)
    -Wondfo brand OPKs work best for most
    b)if you don't get positive OPKs, find testing with them too stressful, or get multiple LH surges without actually Oing (as in PCOS), or have long/irregular cycles, you should BD EVERY 4 DAYS
    -it's not as pink friendly as one attempt but the next best BD tactic
    -start BDing at least a few days before the earliest you could O
    -keep BDing for at least a week past when you think you Oed, or better yet, until you get AF or a BFP, to assure you don't miss O (this is very important as swaying pink often delays O)
    -every 4 days means 4 days between attempts, I.e. if you start on CD10, you BD again on CD14, then CD18, CD22, CD26 and so on
    -no unprotected sex between attempts, though sex with condoms is fine
    c)it doesn't matter much how much how often DH ejaculates
    -ideally for sperm health & count, DH should regularly release (every 1-2 days); every 3-4 days is a good compromise for swaying pink, but do what works best for him and you
    -theoretically, the more frequently he releases, the pinker
    -abstaining completely for up to a week affects sperm count and quality negatively, but isn't getting good results statistically, and if DH is over 35 he should release regularly for prostate health anyway

4. Supplements or lack thereof
    a)absolutely NO vitamins, especially not multivitamins or prenatals, unless you have a known deficiency, in which case you should take only that one vitamin at the minimum dose to avoid deficiency
    b)everyone should take folic acid, or preferably folate, at 800-1200mcg daily, as soon as you start swaying (I.e. well before you are actively TTC)
    c)CLOMID, if you can get it, is a very strong pink sway tactic; Femara sways pink too but slightly less
    d)DH can take OLE (Olive Leaf Extract) to improve X sperm quality, and/or LR (Licorice Root), which lowers testosterone & sperm count thus swaying pink
    e)Vitex and/or Saw Palmetto sway pink but may make your cycle unpredictable, same with peppermint tea
    f)antihistamines (cetitizine/Zyrtec is used most often) and the decongestant pseudoephedrine/Sudafed both dry up fertile CM, thus swaying pink (copious EWCM sways strongly blue)
    g)aspirin, if you have clotting issues, is good for pink but only take it if you need it as per dr's orders
    h)NO cranberry extract, it's too nutritious and can sway blue
    i)Sylk and conventional, non-sperm-friendly lubes sway pink mildly, but inhibit conception
    j)RePhresh and Acigel kill sperm thus lowering sperm count inside you, which theoretically sways pink but strongly inhibits conception, so I personally don't recommend using these (especially as pH isn't worth worrying about, contrary to outdated swaying theories)
    Last edited by maidentomother; January 14th, 2015 at 06:11 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast