Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Side of ovulation and gender

Hi,
    I am on clomid and have just had an ultrasound to check it has worked, it has which is great!! I have a dominant follicle on the right side. How much truth is there to this left side means girl thing?? I am mildly swaying girl but it won't stop me from trying this month as I don't want to waste a month on clomid.
    Does anyone know which side they ovulated from and the gender they got?

Also, out of interest, I also ovulated form the right last month (also confirmed by ultrasound) so maybe I never or rarely ovulate from the left?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I O'd from my left this pregnancy. Not sure if it means I will implant on that side too or what?
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think it sways massively - you get those with just one fallopian tube who conceive both genders

I do think there might be a slight link to implantation location/gender, so perhaps eggs that come out on the left will find it easier to implant on the left and so slightly sway pink..

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, it could be you have a "more fertile" ovary. Just because you have one more prominent follicle does not necessarily mean it will be the one ovulating. Tricky stuff, you would have to go for several scans incl after ovulation like you obviously did.

There is no other way to confirm what side ovulation has occurred from. Ovulation pain does not indicate ANYTHING! Neither time nor location of ovulation xx

I personally wouldnt worry about htese things that lie behind your control sweetie, I am sure you can conceive a girl from the right, besides you are on clomid, that is a great girl sway tool

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Boompink, since you know for sure by ultrasound you ovulated twice from your right ovary, I´m curious: did you have ovulation pains only or mainly on your right side ?
    6 3
    swayed for a

6. Likes Atsaukina1 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good question, indira!
    '08 '09 '12 It's twins!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all the replies..
    Indira, I only ever get pains on my left (I definately had pains on my left last time when I ovulated on my right) I think this is because I have pcos and the problems are worse on my left apparently!!
    Thank you, mini, I hope you're right!!
    Rainbow flower, that's reassuring, thank you!!
    Ttc5, fx this is your boy and the owt is rubbish!
    Mostly I just hope I get pregnant, fx
    Last edited by Boompink; February 6th, 2012 at 08:12 AM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YOu cannot tell what side you ovulate from going by what side you notice the pain on. Ovaries "communicate" with another by sending hormones and whatever happens in the left can be mirrored to the right. Also, you have a lot of follicles growing every cycle, you can have pains from any of them. Ovulation pain does NOT determine location or timing of ovulation! I completely dismiss o pains myself. Please do not get stressed from what side you notice pain on, this will not determine gender for you xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nini View Post
    YOu cannot tell what side you ovulate from going by what side you notice the pain on. Ovaries "communicate" with another by sending hormones and whatever happens in the left can be mirrored to the right. Also, you have a lot of follicles growing every cycle, you can have pains from any of them. Ovulation pain does NOT determine location or timing of ovulation! I completely dismiss o pains myself. Please do not get stressed from what side you notice pain on, this will not determine gender for you xxx
    her scan confirmed the ovulation side?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Women only make the eggs but the Man decides the gender... So tell him to only make the ones you want!
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast