Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Info on Swaying While Breastfeeding!!!

For those who will be nursing while swaying… Set a timed plan for nursing so your body does not get over worked. Nursing every 1-2 hrs is to much and this can cause a miscarriage or preterm birth if you get pregnant while nursing. Wait until your baby is eating solids and nurses about 4 times a day.

Nursing Mom

Calories
    Some say 1,800 is ok but most say 2,200 a day, more for twins. If you are skinny/average size loosing 4 lbs or more a month then you are not eating enough. If you were over weight before and during pregnancy then 4-6 lbs is ok and will not affect your milk.
    Protein
    You need two servings of protein a day and this can be found in all types of foods. Another site says 15g in the first 6mths and 12g for a child over 6mths because they will get some from solids.
    Calcium
    3-4 servings of dairy or calcium rich foods, 4-5 servings for teenage moms and older moms.
    Fluids
    8-10 glasses of water a day. Your urine should be pale and colorless. If it is dark then you and your baby are not getting enough.
    Vitamins and Minerals
    Continuing prenatals while breastfeeding it is great for mom and baby. Other oral vitamins minerals can be taken but be careful not to take more then is safe.
    Herbs
    Some herbs can cause problems in nursing babies and some are ok in limited amounts. Start at a small amount and as you increase keep an eye on the babies diaper. If you see any changes then cut back on the herbs and stay at that amount.
    Chemicals
    Anything that goes into your body goes into your baby. Either by breathing, inhaling, or consuming. Beer and wine are ok in moteration.
    Last edited by purplepoet20; March 30th, 2011 at 12:34 PM.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Things I Have Been Using for a Girl Sway
    Aspartame has been listed ok for nursing moms. I have had about 100oz a day for several weeks and it has not affected my 1 year old.
    Calcium (citrate) – 2,000mg, Magnesium – 400mg, Cranberry – 1,600mg, Vitamin C - 500mg, Vitamin A – 8000IU, Vitamin E – 400 IU, B6 – 100mg, Folic acid – 800mcg, Raspberry Leaf – 920mg, Saw Palmetto – 320mg, and Vitex – 400mg.

I started about 4 weeks ago at a smaller amount and slowly increased and have been at the amounts listed above for 1week now. The only changes I have noticed is my IBS is in control, my son has gained a much needed 3 lbs, the baby sleeps better at night, and his diaper has showed no signs of problems. I will be increasing a few things over the next few months and changing to a “girl friendly diet” soon.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you I will link this to the essay I just wrote!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank You Atomic.... just looking out for the "Utter Babies"
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants