Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    reserved cal conundrum 4
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    reserved CC 5

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ph-pickle.html
    The pH Pickle

pH is second only to timing as an unquestioned “truth” of swaying. But is it, really? Let’s take a look at pH and see how and IF it even makes a difference.

Biologically, pH serves a very valuable purpose in the human vagina. Many harmful microorganisms don’t like low pH and it makes it more difficult for them to survive. The naturally low vaginal pH of 4.5-5, is sort of a gateway mechanism that exists during most of the cycle to keep harmful invaders at bay…by killing everything before it can make its way up inside your uterus where it could cause a serious infection.

The problem is, sperm don’t like low pH either. NEITHER X nor Y sperm like low pH (less than 6), in fact it renders them immobile, if not dead. In one study, it was shown that when a woman’s pH was less than 6, she had no motile sperm in her cervix in the postcoital test. The pH of cervical mucus, quality of seme... [Clin Reprod Fertil. 1986] - PubMed - NCBI

WHAT?? Read it again ladies – pH of less than 6 = NO motile sperm in the cervix. Not X, not Y. X sperm DO NOT love low pH. No sperm love low pH. Low pH kills sperm. That is why the natural pH of semen is in the 7’s – that’s what sperm prefer and thrive in (note – they don’t like super high pH either!!). Infertility - A Couple's Survival Guide

Then how do we get pregnant at all? As we approach ovulation, we experience a gradual rise in estrogen that triggers not only ovulation itself, but also causes our our cervical crypts, endometrial glands (in the uterus), and special cells in the Fallopian tubes that grow every month for no other purpose than to make alkaline fluids, Fallopian tube - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, to produce fluids that are higher in pH. This higher pH EWCM and the similar fluids inside our uterus and Fallopian tubes is ALWAYS between 6.5 and 8. pH regulation in the female reproductive tract Even the fluid that is released along with the egg at ovulation is high in pH.

As our cervix opens up at ovulation, this alkaline EWCM flows down and out into our vagina and raises the pH to enable sperm to survive. This CM creates a little path for the sperm to swim in to reach the safety of the alkaline cervix, uterus, and Fallopian tubes…when our husbands ejaculate, their semen is essentially a life raft of alkalinity that keeps sperm alive until they can find their way onto that path. It’s a gamble that our bodies temporarily take at ovulation – we risk temporarily raising the chance of infection in order to make it possible for sperm to survive to make it to the egg.

When Dr. Shettles came along, he did not have the technology to be able to go up inside a woman’s body and reliably test for pH. If you’ll recall (if you don’t recall, please read this essay to learn about Dr. Shettles’ BIG mistake http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html) Dr. Shettles believed (wrongly) that X sperm were big and slow and lived a long time, while Y sperm were small and fast and died quickly. So based on this erroneous conclusion, he then decided that X sperm were impervious to damage and looked back at some old information involving a veterinarian that claimed to get more boy horses than girl horses conceived by using baking soda douches. But it just isn’t true. Both X and Y sperm like alkaline environment. They both thrive in it. All low pH does is kill off sperm!

The underlying assumption of pH and swaying has always been, women who conceive girls naturally have a low pH and women who conceive boys naturally have a high pH and that this affects X and Y survivability and motility differently somehow, and that’s why some of us have boys and others have girls. But this simply cannot be true. If ALL sperm thrive in pH of the 7’s, high 6’s at the very lowest, if sperm actually become immobile at pH less than 6 and DIE, and ALL our female bodies are designed to provide a nice alkaline pH at ovulation and if we don’t we have a very hard time getting pregnant, HOW can it be true that X sperm “love” low pH and that all the girls on the planet were born to women who just so happened to have low pH because they ate a lot of cranberries?? IT CAN’T BE TRUE.

Now, given all that, let’s move on to the logic of pH and swaying. Does altering our pH REALLY make any sense at all whatsoever? People have used it to sway and seemingly had some measure of success at it.

Just for giggles, let’s assume that the traditional sway info is 100% right – we’ll pretend that X sperm love low pH and Y sperm love high pH. What would then happen if we shot a big bunch of low pH goop into our vagina at ovulation? If the pH of the cervix, uterus, Fallopian tubes, and even follicular fluid is in the 7’s, and X sperm ~really~ loved low pH, would not the X sperm simply stay in the low pH of the vagina? Wouldn’t the Y sperm flee the scene in terror as quickly as it could and head TOWARDS the egg if it was more alkaline up there? And if you were swaying blue, EW or BSF/BSD, with pH in the high 8’s-9’s...why would a Y sperm ever leave that environment to go into a LOWER pH? Wouldn’t it just sit there happily basking in the high pH while the X moved on to more acidic pastures? It simply makes no sense.

The argument goes, that this pH diffuses up into your entire reproductive tract, all the way up to the egg (and there are studies and patents out there, done as most swaying studies are, by the “I.M. Sellingsomething University of Vaguely Scientific Sounding Gibberish, Timbuktu Campus” that allegedly prove this) but this premise is equally nonsensical. If the pH of the vagina could diffuse up into your uterus and Fallopian tubes, then our naturally low vaginal pH would diffuse upwards and LOWER our internal pH at ovulation. But instead, the alkaline fluids being created up inside of all of us, assisted by gravity, flow down and into the vagina and raise vaginal pH!

Additionally, at ovulation, every square millimeter of our cervical crypts, uterine endometrium, the cells in our Fallopian tubes are busy churning out fluids with pH in the 7’s. Even if there is some diffusion into the lower part of the cervix from douches/jellies/egg white/BSF/BSD (which may very well be the case) that doesn’t mean that diffusion will amount to anything at the egg, where it really counts. The cervix is designed to keep things that aren’t supposed to be there, OUT. I’ve often used the example of gargling with baking soda water and then spitting it out, so I’ll trot it out again. If you swish with baking soda water and then spit, and then tested your mouth’s pH, it would def. be higher temporarily and it may even be higher in the upper portions of your esophagus thanks to diffusion. But it would NOT change the pH of your stomach acid in any appreciable way (which in your repro tract, would be akin to the Fallopian tubes where sperm meets egg.) Diffusion isn’t magic, it gets weaker the farther away you get and it gets diluted by whatever other fluids it meets along the way.

Perhaps a better example is if you have one of those horrible colds where your nose runs and runs…does it really make sense that if you put a moistened fingertip of baking soda inside your nostrils, that will do ANYTHING to change the pH up inside your sinuses? No, because your body is making so much mucus that it just keeps flowing down and out, not up and in.

pH has also been said to sway via “ions”, but the problem is that X and Y sperm have been shown not to have different electrical charges in recent studies. What are the REAL differences between X sperm and Y sperm?? Therefore they cannot be differentially attracted by ions in cervical mucus or by any electrical pull of the egg. Plus, acids themselves contain POSITIVE ions, not negative ones – so if someone could explain how bombarding yourself with negative ions “because X sperm prefer negative ions” (source IG FAQ) and then using acids that are chock full of positive hydronium ions (that’s what acids ARE, liquids with positive hydronium ions – read both pages, the second page has a nice graphic on it that clearly shows acids have positive ions and bases (alkaline) have negative ones Chem4Kids.com: Reactions: Acids and Bases and Chem4Kids.com: Reactions: Acids and Bases II ) makes any sense whatsoever, that would be great – I’m not a chemist and I freely admit I could be wrong or have missed something on this but it just doesn’t seem to add up.

Practically speaking, if any of the ion/electrical charge jazz was true, there would be no need for Microsort – Microsort is a procedure where X and Y sperm are differentiated by using dyes and then a technician adds a tiny droplet of liquid that contains an electrical charge and then the charged sperm are separated by electrostatic plates. If X and Y sperm had different charges to begin with, there would be no need for this complicated process, they could just separate them with the electrostatic plates! If pH is supposed to sway because of ions, science simply does not support it.

If pH really swayed in any way at all, it would have been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt by now. As one of the best known sway tactics there is, that’s actually been around longer than timing and I can guarantee you that most if not all reproductive endocrinologists have heard of it, if pH caused Y sperm’s “tails to freeze” or whatever the theory claims, then RE’s would have figured out a way to simply dump an egg and some sperm in an acidic or alkaline environment for a cheap method of gender swaying. They’d LOVE to be able to do this because they’d make a fortune at it. But they don’t, because it doesn’t work!

Yes, but Dr. Ericsson uses pH in his sperm spinning methods! There has been seemingly some success with Dr. Ericsson and others using “albumin gradients”, swim up/modified swim up, and sperm spinning, but there are some problems that have arisen with the Ericsson method. First of all, no other researcher has managed to replicate Dr. Ericsson’s methods independently (never a good sign for any scientific claim). Secondly, Dr. Ericsson himself admits that even after all the albumin and spinning business, the sperm are STILL 50-50 X and Y but claims that these sperm then go onto produce more boys or girls, according to how they’re spun. Thirdly, see the paragraph above. If pH ~really~ swayed in any strong, undeniable way (as in, put Acijel in your VJ as a magic bullet for pink, or BSF for blue), then WHY would Dr. Ericsson have to use all the “albumin gradients” and swim up/modified swim up and sperm spinning to get it a weak 70% results at best (that no other researcher can repeat). If true, we don’t know why it is – if it’s pH, spinning, or some other thing all together (such as the albumin gradients triggering different rates of capacitation than what normally occurs in the body.) BTW – while there has been some success using at-home HT methods on InGender for boys, for girls the method has yielded 50-50 results. Diet alone has yielded equal or better results!!

What am I testing with my Ph sticks then? People do start swaying and then see the number on their pH stick change, and I have a couple explanations for that. Firstly, a lot of people on IG did NOT understand that their pH would naturally fluctuate throughout the month because unfortunately the IG FAQ was not too good at getting that message out to the majority of swayers. When I was a forum mod, I saw tons of pink swayers who were thrilled that their pH immediately dropped to 4.5 (after starting their sway at the end of AF because that’s when people tend to start their sway; as it just so happens that’s also when their pH was naturally on the low side) and then freaking out when their pH went up at ovulation because they truly thought their pH was 4.5 because they were taking cranberry and not because it’s naturally low when you’re not fertile.

For blue swayers, if you start off testing pH NOT at ovulation, and then test at ovulation, it will appear your pH is going up but it very well may have gone up every other cycle of your life when you weren’t testing – including all the times you conceived girls. pH ONLY counts in the fertile window, because that’s the only time sperm can survive long enough to reach the egg, so any reports of low pH are meaningless unless we know for a fact that the reading was pH within the fertile window. So at least some of the pH claims, from IG particularly, are inaccurate and misleading because we don’t know when these people were even testing pH. Or how – pH from the lower part of your cervix will naturally be lower than pH from nearer your cervix and two different readings on two different sticks may indicate nothing other than different techniques. Not to mention that if you use a fingertip full of Acijel or baking soda and then test your pH right after, of course your pH will seem very low or high, accordingly. But all you’re testing is the pH of Acijel/baking soda – you’re not even necessarily testing your CM pH! Even CM pH tells you nothing about what is going on up inside where sperm meets egg.

Secondly, if you naturally have a lot of EWCM at ovulation and you dry it up via diet, supps, and antihistamines, OR if you typically have very little and then increase it via diet, supps, and Robi/Muci, then NATURALLY your pH will appear different. It does NOT mean that the actual pH of your CM has changed at all, just that there is less of it or more of it available for you to test. Since EWCM is what makes your pH go up at ovulation, having less or more (or thinner and watery vs. thicker and drier, than you normally do, will appear as an increase in CM pH even though your CM pH may be identical to what it’s been every other month of your entire existence. I personally believe that much of what is reported as rises and falls in CM pH is nothing other than more or less EWCM or CM that has taken on a more or less fertile consistency.

Thirdly, it is IMPOSSIBLE to alter your blood pH with diet. If your blood pH goes outside a very narrow range, you DIE. Acid/Alkaline Theory of Disease Is Nonsense The idea that you can alter your body’s pH through diet is completely untrue. I promise that regardless of the pH of the foods you ingest, the second they hit your stomach acid (very low pH of 1-2) they dissolve into a low pH slurry that is then neutralized in your duodenum before moving on to your intestines. You can seemingly alter the pH of your urine temporarily, and it ~may~ be that you can alter the pH of your CM from diet in a similar fashion although I’m not convinced of that because CM has nothing to do with the digestive tract whatsoever. In one study done in mice, mice fed an acid or alkaline diet, whose urine pH changed accordingly, did NOT have any different gender ratios of offspring. CSIRO PUBLISHING - Reproduction, Fertility and Development

I find it much more likely that again, what you do to sway via diet is affecting the amount and consistency of CM and that the presence or absence of CM in the vagina is the only thing that actually changes at all. Example – drinking a lot of lemon water for blue, keeps you well hydrated and being well hydrated helps your body make CM, in addition to replacing some less healthy options such as diet sodas that some blue swayers may have drunk in excess when they conceived their DDs. Example 2 – LE Diet helps to lower estrogen and less estrogen means drier and scanty CM and so can dry up CM and seemingly lower pH.

If all this is true, atomic, then why do you keep pH in the sway at all? Two reasons - most importantly that people like it and feel like they need it or their sway will fail. I am certainly not the font of all earthly knowledge and if people want to keep pH in the mix, who am I to try and stop them? I have tried very hard to find the safest and best techniques that are safe both for health and for swaying and I feel that this is a great compromise between what people want and what I believe is best supported by the data. For pink swayers, RepHresh, baby aspirin, antihistamine, diet; for blue swayers, Preseed or Conceive Plus/EPO and fish oil, Robi/Muci, and diet.

Secondly, I actually DO think pH can sway. Not in the way that the traditional sway gurus claim – not because X “love” low pH and Y “love” high pH or because of ions or any other magic bullets, but because low pH kills sperm, and fewer sperm surviving to reach the egg seems to sway pink for reasons we don’t understand. High pH, on the other hand, may help sperm to stay alive in a hostile vaginal environment until it can make it into the safety of the cervix and beyond.

Some of the blue sway tactics that I believe to be sperm-hostile (such as egg white and baking soda douche/finger) the body is actually quite forgiving of, firstly because the sky high pH of egg white/BSF/BSD kind of average out with the low pH of the vagina to a more reasonable level, and secondly because when you insert anything odd into your vagina, it can trigger a reaction where your body produces alkaline mucus to try and wash the offending substance away so you actually end up triggering a big burst of mucus of normal alkalinity that gets rid of the super high pH stuff.. So blue swayers, even tho I still (VASTLY) prefer Preseed, if you’re already pregnant and you used egg white or BSD/BSF, please don’t panic, you still have a great chance at blue.

I hope this sheds a little light on a confusing topic! Please let me know if you have any questions or if anything was less than clear.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html
    The TROUBLE with timing!

Ah, timing. The glorious promise that, if only we have sex on the magical day, we will then conceive a baby of our desired gender. It sounds SO great, so easy. You can read about it a thousand places online and surely that many people can‘t be wrong…can they?

It even makes sense - X is big and slow, Y is small and fast, X must swim slow but live a long time, Y must be quick but die sooner. Of course! It explains EVERYTHING!

The trouble with timing is, IT DOESN’T WORK! Here’s why.

--Timing is based entirely on one man’s mistake.

40-odd years ago, Dr. Landrum Shettles (who was actually an incredibly smart man in pretty much every way and did wonders for the cause of infertility), took a look at some sperm under a microscope and noticed something that no one had ever seen before. Some of the sperm had tiny little heads and seemed to be moving faster, while other sperm had big fat heads and were moving more slowly. He immediately concluded that the fat heads HAD to be X sperm and the skinny heads HAD to be Y sperm. He began to perform and publish studies based on this idea, write books, and we STILL can’t get rid of the guy 40 year later.

The problem is, he was TOTALLY WRONG. What he was really looking at, was capacitated and uncapacitated sperm. The capacitation process had not yet been discovered when Dr. Shettles developed his timing theory. Capacitated sperm are sperm that have lost the protective cap at their tip and are all excited aobut it because it means they’re ready to fertilize an egg. Uncapacitated sperm are bigger and more laid back because they still have their protective cap. Eventually, they’ll lose that cap and be small and move around a lot more too, but they are BOTH X and Y sperm, whether they have a cap or whether they don’t. Sperm capacitate in waves and they seem to be able to communicate with each other on some primitive level to coordinate this process, so as long as there are living sperm present, some will be capacitated and ready to fertilize any cute little egg who happens to show up dateless at the party, and some will be waiting their turn.

Over the course of time, the capacitated sperm will die - capacitated sperm don’t live too long after they lose their cap. So when Dr. Shettles makes the claim that “Y sperm don’t live as long“, what he was really observing was the early deaths of capacitated sperm. Capacitated sperm DO die sooner than uncapacitated sperm, but X and Y sperm live the same length of time! It is VERY likely that there always going to be SOME X and SOME Y among the capacitated and incapacitated sperm (although we do not know this for a fact and this ~may~ be something that does sway gender.)

It is totally and completely impossible for anyone to look through a microscope and tell the difference between X and Y sperm. If they could, we would have no need for Microsort and PGD. Dr. Potter or Dr. Sher or any RE could simply, at a glance, pick out X and Y sperm (and they would LOVE to be able to do this because it would make high tech gender swaying much more affordable and bring them tons of new business!!) But they cannot tell the difference between X and Y sperm by looking at them through a microscope. It is impossible to do, which is why they use Microsort and PGD!!! So whenever you read anything about timing that claims that X sperm are big and slow and live a long time, Y sperm are small and fast and die quickly, it is ALL nonsense BS based on Dr. Shettles’ BIG mistake.

Interestingly, Dr. Shettles did manage to come up with a couple things that really DO sway gender - abstinence really DOES sway pink and releasing every 2-4 days really DOES sway blue, so it is very likely that his method was as succesful as it was because of this serendipitous suggestion. Sometimes, it is better to be lucky than good.

--X and Y sperm live the same length of time, swim the same speed, and are really pretty similar in size.

Seriously, for reals. The ONLY difference between X and Y sperm is the tiny little arm of the X chromosome which amounts to only 1% difference in amount of DNA. There are 22 other chromosomes in each sperm that are all pretty close to the exact same size - the arm of the X amounts to only ¼ of one chromosome!! If you don‘t believe it, read this What are the REAL differences between X sperm and Y sperm??

On some other sway sites, they make a claim that timing works not because of any size difference or life span but because X and Y sperm swim differently and many women claim to have seen this in a microscope. This idea is based on one study that was done in bull sperm, not human, and in vitro conditions that we have no way of knowing if they even translate into the body, and if so, how. Numbers of sperm in the sample seemed to have way more to do with how the sperm swam than any difference between X and Y sperm. The sperm were also sorted by Microsort before being studied and we have no way to know how much the Microsort procedure affected the sperm. Comparative motility of X and Y chromosome–bearing bovine sperm separated on the basis of DNA content by flow sorting - Penfold - 1998 - Molecular Reproduction and Development - Wiley Online Library

Not only that, but sperm by and large do NOT swim to the egg. They are mostly carried to the egg by currents of EWCM, muscle contractions, and the action of cilia lining the Fallopian tubes, and only need their swimming ability to make it into the cervical crypts and in a few areas like the junction between the uterus and Fallopian tubes. In fact, the fastest swimming sperm are often dead on arrival and incapable of fertilizing the egg.

This study is 13 years old and if there was anything useful in it, researchers would very likely have followed up on it by now (not even the researchers themselves seem to have followed up on this study??) Trained lab technicians with many years of experience cannot tell the difference between X and Y sperm (which is why they use Microsort). It is highly implausible that untrained laymen, especially ones who desperately want to see a particular result to "prove" that their sways are working, are able to see anything that highly trained experts in the field, are not.

--It doesn’t fit in with the biology and workings of the human body.

The entire female reproductive tract is designed to keep sperm alive inside of itself for as long as possible. It has lots of nooks and crannies for sperm to hide in, and all these little hiding places churn out tons of alkaline CM for several days before an egg even arrives. In this environment, sperm can live for 7 days and maybe even 10! The egg only lives for a maximum 24 hours after ovulation, and in many cases, more like 12 hours (and the egg deteriorates for some time before dying and may not be receptive to sperm). Given this design, it is likely that most of the people ever born on the planet were from sperm that was in the reproductive tract BEFORE the egg arrived. If humans could only get pg from BD right at ovulation, the reproductive tract would just be a straight tube with no nooks and crannies for sperm to get lost in, and the egg would come out very close to the vaginal opening.

If you could only or even just mostly conceive a boy from one BD right at ovulation, but conceived mostly girls the other days of the fertile window, the world would be disproportionately female-heavy, but instead, it’s actually the other way around, with 140-160 boys conceived for every 100 females, dropping to 106 boys born for every 100 girls.

Maybe people just DO IT more on O day trying to get pregnant, so that means more boys are conceived that day than all the other days put together ? Maybe not. Humans, unlike all other animals on the planet, have a little quirk called hidden ovulation. We don’t come into visible heat like animals do and we can have intercourse at any time. Because of this, people could not even PREDICT ovulation until very recently, so pregnancies occurred from BD on totally random days during a 5-7 day window when females are fertile enough to keep sperm alive until the egg arrives, rather than from a concerted effort at pregnancy on O day. Just from sheer statistics, even if double the amount of conceptions happen from BD on O day, that would leave all the other days of the fertile window for sex to take place on. That would still mean way more girls than boys conceived, if timing swayed in any way at all.

--But there are STUDIES!

Some studies seem to show that timing sways. However, there are also studies that show that DTD with a long cutoff makes more boys than girls. Other studies find more girls on O day. It is extremely likely that the reason why these studies do not agree, is because there is NO pattern there to find. Take 50 people and give them quarters to flip, and repeat this process several other times, and you will have MANY times when there are more heads than tails or vice versa! If there really WAS anything whatsoever to timing, these studies would all be in agreement. Timing is the most studied aspect of gender swaying by far and if there was anything to it, it would have been proved beyond a shadow of a doubt by now.

Beyond sheer luck, several of the studies that claim to support timing, used different protocols for couples who wanted boys and girls. For boys, the couples naturally ovulated and then had IUI done on O day (I assume to ensure that fertilization on O day really occurred.) For girls, the couples were given Clomid and told to have intercourse 2-4 days before ovulation. The problem with this is that IUI sways blue by bypassing the entire female reproductive tract (and sperm are washed and capacitated in advance, possibly removing some chemicals that may sway, and also recall that the capacitation process and primitive communication between sperm may sway in some way as well). Clomid sways pink by creating hostile cervical mucus that then sperm would have to live in for 2-4 days before the egg arrived!! You are supposed to CONTROL variables in studies, not introduce new ones!! The methodology used by the people who did these studies, is akin to telling people, ok Group A, you wear a blue hat and eat a lot of fatty foods and sugar, and Group B, you wear a pink hat and eat only vegetables and whole grains, and then concluding that blue hats clearly make you have heart attacks while pink hats are preventative.

Some of the other studies did not accurately pinpoint O (and even took place before it was really understood HOW to pinpoint O!!) or relied on self-reported information and these studies are TOTALLY useless. You cannot tell people (especially people who desperately WANT to achieve a certain result, like people with gender disappointment) that they need to do something that may be difficult to do (like abstaining for 14 days or temping every day) as part of a study, and then rely on the info that they then provide to be in any way accurate. Some people keep secrets from the researcher if they think the researcher will be “mad” at them, and others really legitimately want something so much that they may remember things wrong, so they may subconsciously decide they Oed a day later or earlier than they really did. If they forgot to temp one day, they may fill it in anyway in the pattern that they think it “should“ have been, if they DTD on the wrong day they may fudge that info or simply erase it from memory. Even researchers themselves have not been above altering and misrepresenting information.

Spending a day or two on the gender swaying forums will clearly demonstrate that even with a pretty high level of technology and understanding (BBT, OPK, and the ability to track our temps online), it is REALLY tough to pinpoint O even for those of us who are pretty knowledgeable about it. Most of these studies were done with antiquated technology that are not reliable predictors of ovulation anyway. Some even just had women BD on CD 14 for boys and we all know that is totally unreliable because we can O on many different days.

The best studies we have at our disposal do not find any correlation between day of intercourse and gender of baby conceived. MMS: Error

--But I KNOW some people who swear timing worked for them.

Let’s say, for the sake of argument, that these people really did get the timing exactly spot on (which they probably didn’t). Timing has supposedly seemed to sway for some people; whether that was because of luck or because abstinence and missionary with no female O sways pink and BD every two days, doggy style with female O seems to sway blue, who knows. IF timing sways, it has to be for some REASON and not a magical, mystical, quality of a certain day.

Maybe it’s dryer CM, maybe it’s sperm count, or many other things - because remember, it can't be that X sperm are big and slow and live a long time, that was Dr. Shettle's BIG mistake. Perhaps instead, it’s that the majority of women have hostile CM on certain cycle days and that sways pink, or that the majority of women who BD on O have more EWCM and that EWCM sways blue. Isn’t it smarter to focus on actually doing the things that really sway, instead of expending this massive effort trying to do timing? Because, if you’re not one of the people in that majority, if you have copious amounts of EWCM 3 DBO, and you rely solely on timing, it won’t work! If you have girls because you have low pH, dry, hostile mucus, you could BD on O day from now until menopause and get girls.

You cannot use your past cycles to predict what your future cycles will be anyway! So even if you really believe with all your heart and soul that timing will sway for you on the basis of all your previous cycles, start taking saw palmetto or L-arginine and watch your cycle change before your very eyes.

Not only that, but all the people who swear timing worked - we have no way of knowing what else they had going on in their lifestyles or bodies that may have swayed for them. The woman who told me about timing and swore by it, was diagnosed with thyroid cancer right after her daughter was born (she thankfully recovered). Seems very likely to me that the early stages of cancer probably sways a lot harder than DTD on any particular day ever could.

Point being, we cannot know how accurately people even DID timing, if it does work for some people it may not work for you, and it may only seem to work because the people who tried it, have other issues going on that swayed for them. Plus, we can accomplish all the exact same things that timing MIGHT do, in other, better, more reliable ways.

--It actually really DOESN’T make any sense at all. WHY would timing even sway??

Seriously. Think about it for a minute. I suppose Dr. Shettles chalked this up to just an accident of big and small sperm, but Dr. Shettles was wrong. Scientists now believe that the reason why gender swaying is possible is because it gives a small advantage to whatever gender offspring has the best odds of survival, a pretty awesome thing either designed into us by God or else fashioned over millions of years of natural selection. Why the HECK would the day you have sex, matter in any way whatsoever to the survival odds of your child? Boys need more calories and nutrients of all sorts from the moment of conception thru adulthood. If your body didn’t have enough calories to grow a healthy baby boy on Thursday, does it make any logical sense whatsoever that by having sex Saturday instead, he would be any better off?

Conception, pregnancy, birth, and breastfeeding are VERY dangerous, risky, “biologically expensive” undertakings for the female of any species. It was not at all uncommon for women to die in childbirth even as little as 100 years ago and it was just as risky regardless of whether you delivered a big, healthy baby or one that didn‘t have such a good chance at survival (infant mortality used to be unbelievably high - more than half of all babies born, died before they turned one). Our genes did not survive for countless generations by taking such a major risk to our lives based on something as arbitrary as the day of the week you had sex on.

Virtually everything our bodies do, is for the reason of keeping us alive and helping us pass down our genes to future generations, and keeping that fact in mind, timing makes NO SENSE because it could actually KILL you to conceive a baby with no shot of survival - a huge risk for no benefit! ANY baby could kill you as little as a century ago and so your body didn't want to take that risk for a child with less than the best shot at survival. Even your living children would be more likely to die without a mother to care for them - that is a genetic dead end!! It makes much more sense that our genes would “want” to sway gender not out of sheer luck, but because of real tangible things that would help your them best survive to get handed down to future generations.

--But it can’t hurt, right??

People figure, well, ok, so timing may not work and may be just a bunch of hoo-hah but still, I want to include everything in my sway and timing can’t hurt so I want to do it anyway.

But actually, it really DOES hurt sways all the time!!

For blue swayers: The entire idea of swaying blue is based around the idea that you’re boosting fertility. With that in mind, blue swayers, by all rights ought to be getting pg more quickly than they have in the past (and certainly quicker than pink swayers!) But something is going seriously wrong because blue swayers are going for months and months without conceiving. The insistence on boy timing is one of those things. Studies have indicated that for best results getting pregnant, it’s better to have intercourse 1-2 days BEFORE ovulation, not rely on one attempt on O day. The sperm may take some time to get where it needs to go and capacitate in enough numbers to find that eggo before it deteriorates and can no longer be fertilized.

The longer you go on not getting pregnant, the longer you have to stay on diets/and supps that are really not great for you. I personally do not think that eating ghastly levels of sodium, drinking baking soda water, and eliminating calcium entirely from your diet, is in any way good for you, your fertility, and may even reduce your odds of conceiving a son over the course of many months. Additionally, many women end up gaining too much weight on IG or HE Diets by staying on them for several months. Gaining a little weight will help your sway, but gaining too much weight may actually backfire and sway pink, if you gain so much that you actually suppress your fertility.

Also, if my “high sperm numbers at egg sway blue” theory is true, you are putting yourself at a major disadvantage with only one attempt at O. If you had two or even three attempts in your fertile window, when you have optimized your environment for best sperm survival thru diet and supps, you would be sure to increase numbers of available sperm in your reproductive tract. Do not worry about swaying pink by having more than one attempt! For frequent release to sway pink, it has to be 7-10 days in a row without skipping any days. DTD 2 days in a row WILL NOT SWAY PINK.

For pink swayers: The stress and level of attention to detail involved in timing methods is among the worst things you can do for your testosterone levels. You have to undertake this huge project, take your temp, track it on paper, obsess over every little nuance of it, and for what? Something that does not even sway for you at all!!!

In addition, by doing these long cutoffs (some people do 4 and 5 day cutoffs - you can get pg that way when you are very fertile, but when you’re doing things to sway pink, your environment will be a lot more hostile to sperm and they will have a much harder time surviving), you make it very difficult to conceive. The longer you go on not getting pregnant, the longer you have to stay on the diet and supps, and the more stressed out people tend to get. Their testosterone may go up from stress and then after one or 2 BFN, they start dropping things, and usually they start with diet because it’s the hardest to stick to, and go from there. Diet really sways for real, biological reasons. If nothing else, DO DIET!

Also, I have not really mentioned O+12 in this essay but O+12 makes it next to impossible for many people to get pg. Many eggs (esp. in older women) do not even LIVE 12 hours after ovulation and they are certainly not in the greatest condition at the end of their lifespan. And you may as well take a birth control pill as try for an O+16 or O+20. Anyone who claims they got pg at O+20 either messed up on calculating ovulation or else released two eggs that month and hit the second egg. And the people who do cutoff and O+12 - they almost certainly got pg from the cutoff BD and not the O+12 and that is true regardless of what they say, think or believe. Remember, your entire reproductive tract is designed to conceive using sperm already in your body before ovulation even occurs.

The longer you go on not getting pregnant, the more the diet takes a toll and if you do end up losing too much weight too quickly, you can interfere with your ovulation. It’s much much better to hit it hard on diet for a couple months and get pg fast, than to linger on for ages on the diet while driving yourself insane chasing after sway tactics that don’t even work.

--Yes, but I have to do the opposite!!

No, you DON’T have to do the opposite. If timing doesn’t sway, that’s NOT what got you boys in the first place. I have seen SO MANY people claim they conceived on “boy timing” only to find out that they BD every two days (which is boy frequency and they prob. had more than one attempt in their fertile window anyway, and who knows which BD was even the one that yielded the baby) or “girl timing” only to find out that they did abstain (which sways pink!). It is often the frequency that is swaying, not the day you DTD on. Not only that, but really, unless you had an ultrasound at the moment your egg released, or a trigger shot to make you release an egg, you really DO NOT know when exactly you Oed. You may have Oed early, late, released two eggs and hit only one, etc. You CANNOT pinpoint the moment of ovulation based on O pains, OPK, temps, cervical texture, CM, or anything else.

Plus, people always disregard all the other things they had going on that were boy friendly and focus solely on timing. I know that with my DS 1 and 3 in particular, I may as well have been DOING a boy sway for them because my diet was so boy friendly it was ridiculous! That I conceived both of them from BD before ovulation, sure didn’t make them girls!

Look at it this way - if you don’t lose weight on the Atkins diet, there is usually a REASON for that. Maybe your thyroid is screwed up, maybe you have lousy metabolism from years of crash dieting, maybe you ate too many calories overall, maybe you needed to exercise more, maybe you didn’t really understand the Atkins diet and ate too many vegetables when you weren’t supposed to, or whatever. Maybe you even cheated on the Atkins diet and are conveniently forgetting those times. It wasn’t because the Atkins diet “doesn’t work” for you and you have to do the opposite and so therefore you need to start eating nothing but birthday cake at every meal. That won’t work either and will just make things worse! You cannot just treat the symptoms if the disease is still running rampant (not that having sons/daughters is a disease!!) and you for sure can’t just put a pretty bandage on your flesh-eating strep infection! Even if it makes you feel good inside, like you’re “doing something”, a pretty bandage does not cure anything, and timing doesn’t sway. You have to treat what is really swaying for you, or your sway won't work.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Exercise Enigma - both genders
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...h-genders.html

Exercise while swaying is a complex and confusing issue. But when used wisely, it is an invaluable weapon in your swaying arsenal.

THE EXERCISE ENIGMA

Exercise can sway pink OR blue, depending on your body type and metabolism, your diet, how much and what type of exercise you do, and how it affects your body (both your genetics and your life history can change the way exercise affects you). You cannot just look at one type of exercise and say, yes, this sways pink for everyone all the time, or another type of exercise and say, this sways blue 100%.

If you read on any websites that "cardio sways pink" and "weightlifting sways blue", this is WRONG. This info originally came from me and even though I tried to explain it more thoroughly, I think people felt like they had to simplify it and came up with that blanket prescription. But it doesn't work that way and just following those directions will hurt your sway (esp. pink swayers!!)

ANYTHING that grows muscle mass sways blue. ANYTHING that shrinks it, sways pink. Cardio can totally improve your muscle mass and excessive weightlifting will shrink it (this is called overtraining and it's the reason why weightlifters only lift twice a week). Even not exercising at all can affect your muscle mass in a positive or negative way!

HOW IT WORKS -

Your growing or shrinking muscle mass sends a signal to your body that times are good for producing one gender or another...if you are physically dominant, fighting and winning, and gaining weight and have access to lots of good food, your testosterone levels will be on the increase and you'll be more likely to conceive a boy. If your body believes you are not physically dominant and/or are having to fight constantly just to survive and are losing those fights (your body interprets intense physical activity WITHOUT an increase in food intake as losing a competition for resources), if you're losing muscle mass and eating a lower protein, lower calorie, lower nutrient diet, your testosterone levels will drop and you'll be more likely to conceive a girl.

Aside from raising testosterone, exercising A LOT also can acidify you. This is because when you exercise, your body first burns off all available carbohydrates in your body, then after the carbs are gone, it begins to burn fat, then after 45- 60 minutes, muscle. The byproducts of burning muscle are highly acidic.

Also, electrolytes (sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium) are lost through sweat and so swayers may end up further reducing their levels of these minerals by exercise.

EXERCISE FOR A BOY -

Moderate exercise with emphasis on muscle building. 45 minutes of cardio OR weight training OR both, 4-5 days a week. OR, you can split your exercise up into 30 minutes in the morning and 30 at night (that can be a way to fit in more exercise without running the risk of the acidity and burning of fat/muscle for fuel, that you get by exercising longer than 45 minutes).

Great exercise videos for blue include Tae Bo and the Firm - they focus on building muscle and cardio fitness at the same time. Tae Bo is a 60minute workout but part of that is warmup and cooldown and so it doesn't really "count" as a full 60 minute workout. Walking steps/doing step exercise programs are good because they provide cardio and the stepping works the large muscles of your lower body.

Diet tips - High protein, high calorie, high nutrient, high intake of GOOD fats will help build that muscle mass. Aim for 2300 calories a day or more.

Weight gain/loss -

If you are on the thin side, you will need to gain weight. Even just 3-5 pounds of muscle in the months before swaying will make a difference.

If you are very heavy, try to maintain your weight (don't lose weight) while building muscle mass. It is TOTALLY possible to gain muscle without losing a pound.

The benefits of doing nothing - if you are a person who has a lot of girls and have always exercised to excess, it is time to give your body a break. Exercise much less and at much less intensity, or if that is difficult for you (you have exercise bulimia), stop all together. You should STILL try and gain 3-5 pounds and eat a high-protein, high nutrient, high calorie, high good fat diet, because this will help your muscles heal and recover. If it takes you several months to get pregnant, you SHOULD resume moderate exercise after a brief (no longer than 6 weeks) recovery period or you risk losing muscle mass.

EXERCISE FOR A GIRL -

Option One - intense, excessive exercise. MINIMUM of 60 minutes a day, 6-7 days a week (and yes, it does need to be in one block if at all possible because of the acidic by-products and also so you stop burning carbs and begin burning fat/muscle for at least part of the workout). Push yourself. Straight cardio without weights is best but if you need to add some light weights in order to get a really taxing workout, you should. Use the lightest weight needed to achieve the results.

If you never exercise, this is the route you should go.

Option two - do nothing. In 3 days without exercise, your muscle begins to shrink. In 6 weeks without exercise, you can lose up to 60% of muscle mass.

If you are very very fit and muscular to begin with, this is the best option for you, because you won't be able to challenge yourself enough. And if you find that you can't really stick to the intense exercise, STOP exercising right away and do nothing. Be honest with yourself about how much you're exercising because moderate exercise WILL sway blue.

Diet tips - low calorie, low protein, low nutrient, emphasis on carbs. Aim for 1500-1800 calories and 40-50 grams of protein.

Weight gain/loss - if you are at all able to, LOSE weight. Even just a few pounds will help. You will ensure you actually have lost muscle mass that way. If you weigh 85 lbs obviously do not lose weight, but be honest with yourself - even at 110, most people can drop one or two pounds and it will help your sway.

The benefits of doing nothing - as mentioned above, your muscle will begin to shrink in just 3 days and you can lose a lot of muscle mass in 6 weeks. But keep in mind that just day to day things like walking, lifting children, etc. do give your muscles somewhat of a workout.

I think the excessive, intense exercise is ~best~ for pink but no exercise is much better than moderate exercise!! So be honest with yourself and if you aren't able to exercise 60 minutes a day, 6-7 days a week, stop exercising. Also, if you know that you are losing too much weight or that you WILL lose too much if you do this level of exercise, it's better to do no exercise. Overexercise with weight loss can suppress your ovulation too far and make it stop all together.

Regardless of the amount you exercise, if you are losing weight on a low protein diet, your muscle will be shrinking. No one should stop going for walks with their children or anything so extreme! Remember, swaying needs to fit into your life and not the other way around.

An interesting observation - When I was swaying with DS 4, I lost a lot of weight but I still had a great deal of muscle mass in my arms and legs. I then gained a bunch of weight when I was pregnant with him and I've lost it all over again. But this time I have found that my arms and legs are much flabbier and less muscular than before. (and obviously I hadn't lost enough muscle when I conceived him!) So if you lose weight but find that you're still quite muscular, you may want to pull the plug on swaying and either lose MORE weight or try regaining some and losing it again to see if it helps.

Also, you can see that if you have had a failed sway, all is not lost. It may be that your body will act differently the second time around.

ETA - here's an interesting article I read about exercise and DH for swaying. Distance running & testosterone

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...r-swaying.html

how to do TBM and why you probably shouldn't do it for gender swaying

What is TBM??

TBM stands for "turkey baster method", meaning a method of high-tech at home where your sperm donor, whoever that may be, gives a sample of sperm (either via masturbation or by using a sperm-safe condom) that you either then inject directly into your body (you don't actually use a turkey baster, unless it's Thanksgiving and you happen to have one handy) or treat with chemicals to alter the pH and then inject into your body as a gender swaying technique.

Who does such a thing and why? Well, there are two sets of people who do TBM. One is people who are trying to get pregnant by someone they don't want to have intercourse with...lesbian couples who want a baby for example, and situations in which a woman who is unable to conceive, allows her sister or friend to be artificially inseminated by her husband in order to have a child that is biologically related to her husband. TBM is effective and much more affordable than a sperm bank (but do be aware that STDs can be spread this way.)

The second group is people who want to manipulate, or alter, the pH of semen for gender swaying purposes.

The directions given work equally well for both groups - obviously if your main concern is getting pregnant, there are steps that you should skip in the process.

Is that even safe? As far as we know, the DNA of sperm cannot be altered once it has left a man's body, and TBM is believed to be safe. It is not believed to cause miscarriage or birth defects.

How successful is this??

Believe it or not, for straight pregnancy, TBM is pretty effective. Many people have gotten pregnant this way, including Melissa Etheridge's girlfriend Julie Cypher, who used TBM to conceive a child from David Crosby (twice!)

For gender swaying, since you are manipulating the pH of the semen, it can kill off sperm and make it more difficult to conceive. But, many people have used the method to get pregnant and some of them have gotten their DG. However, it is NOT a guarantee and it is not even certain if it is any better than swaying without TBM...if you really feel that you NEED a child of a particular gender, it is strongly suggested that you look into high-tech.

Atomic, why are you down on TBM for gender swaying??

A lot of people ARE doing TBM for gender swaying and if you really feel like it will work for you, go for it and I will help you however I can. But there are a couple of reasons why ~I personally~ don't think TBM is the way to go.

For BOTH and If you only use TBM for your sway, you are relying totally on pH to sway. If pH really sways in the way some believe it does, that is GREAT and you will have a fab sway from TBM alone. But, if there is more to swaying than pH, or if pH doesn't work in the way some people believe, then you may actually be harming your sway. (in the thread below - page 2 - I explained a bit about how pH might sway differently than the traditional sway believes it does.)

Also, even if you aren't only relying on TBM for swaying, TBM can seriously reduce your odds of pregnancy. The longer people go on without getting a BFP, the more likely it is that they will give up on things that have A LOT of science backing them up, primarily diet factors. And even if you are very very dedicated to diet and do it 100%, the longer you remain on a diet, the less "shocking" it is to your body and your natural body chemistry may start to overcome the effects of the diet. It may be that you end up trading something that is actually proven to work (the diet) for something that may not even sway (TBM).

For blue swayers, TBM reduces the number of sperm on hand to make it to the egg. ANY manipulation of sperm is going to end up killing some of them off. Lower sperm count seems to sway pink for the most part, so TBM may be less effective than simply DTD naturally.

For pink swayers, TBM is highly stressful and it is the detail-oriented, obsessive, success/failure kind of stress that raises testosterone and sways blue. I believe that this is the number one reason why pink sways fail - women get so "into" swaying and begin to see it as a challenge that they can "win" at and that mindset is PROVEN to raise testosterone.

Plus, it will reduce your odds of pregnancy quite a bit and every month that passes without a BFP, is another month that you'll have to stay on that TTC girl diet without cheating!!

How to do TBM

Equipment needed: clean glass cup or sperm-safe condom available here: http://www.fertilityformen.com/produ...33KhBg#condoms and a syringe/eyedropper/medicine dispenser available at drugstores.

For swaying pink you willl also need pH strips or digi tester and lime juice.

For swaying blue you will also need pH strips/digi tester, egg whites from a real chicken egg, NOT Egg Beaters, a Diva or Instead Cup - the Instead Cup is best because it sits nearer to your cervix, and also Pre-Seed.

First step for everyone - GET the sample! Have your sperm donor ejaculate either into a glass cup (don't use plastic or metal because they may have a harmful effect on sperm) OR you can also get a sample via intercourse, in a sperm-safe condom. You can buy sperm-safe condoms at the following link, but they are expensive and should be reserved for your attempt day. For practice, you can just use any non-spermicide, non-latex condom. http://www.fertilityformen.com/produ...33KhBg#condoms

Blue swayers, you may even want to have him ejaculate directly into your Diva/Instead Cup, if he can. This is to minimize the number of sperm you lose moving the semen from a cup/condom into the DC/IC.

For those who are only interested in conception, use a needle-less syringe, eyedropper, or children's medical dispenser (you can find these things at any drugstore) and suck up as much sperm as possible, inject the semen into your vagina, trying to get close to the cervix. Do this GENTLY so you do not damage any sperm. You may want to use a sperm-friendly lubricant like Pre-Seed first BUT EWCM is best, so you may want to time your insemination to coincide with your Peak Day of EWCM. You may wish to take Robitussin to increase CM. Prop your hips for 10 minutes afterwards and you may wish to have a female orgasm before, after, or both!! The more times you inseminate during your fertile period, the better your odds of pregnancy.

For pink swayers, first, check the pH of the sample. Add lime juice (or you can also use the vinegar/calcium douche mix) that has been warmed to body temp by carrying it in your bra for 10-15 minutes, drop by drop (check pH after each drop has been added, and this is where practice comes in handy - if you try it a few times you will develop a "feel" for how much lime you'll need to add) until you get a pH of 4.5-5 (some other sites recommend 4 but I feel that this is TOO LOW and will greatly reduce your odds of pregnancy - use your own judgement). You can kinda swirl the cup around a little bit.

This mixture is referred to as "splime".

Using a needle-less syringe, eyedropper, or medicine dispenser, insert your splime into your vagina. Do this GENTLY so not to damage sperm. Depending on how desperate you are to get pregnant, you may also choose to use an antihistamine (to reduce EWCM), a douche/lime tampon, spermicide, or one of the various jellies. You can either lay with your hips propped up for 15 minutes OR do a jump and dump. The more swaying techniques you add, the harder it will be to conceive (and remember, there are no guarantees even if you use everything.)

In terms of timing, you may want to BD one time only, using either a cutoff or an O+12, along with abstinence or frequent release BUT these things will reduce odds of pregnancy even further. For best odds of pregnancy you should inseminate many times during your fertile period but this is NOT normally part of a pink sway.

Alternatively, you can put your splime into a Diva or Instead cup and insert it. Leave it in for 90 minutes before taking it out and don't lie down during this time. This may increase your odds of pregnancy, but will also increase the numbers of sperm available to fertilize the egg (which may sway blue). The Diva Cup is better than the Instead Cup for TTC pink because it sits further from the cervix.

Before DH gives you a sample, you'll need to check the pH of your egg white. You want a pH of 9-9.9. If it is 10 or above ( editorial comment - I fail to see how 9.9 can be a pH that ANY sperm love if pH of 10 suddenly kills them - consequently I would err on the side of pH that is lower, more like 9 - but use your own judgement) then add a bit of Pre-Seed to the egg white to lower the pH to 9-9.9 and mix them together well with a fork.

Once you have the sample, put it into an Instead/Diva Cup. Add about as much egg white as you have semen, into the cup. If the egg white floats on top of the semen, that's great and insert the cup. If the two start to mix together, it's best to finish the job and mix them together right away, then insert the cup. Leave the cup in for 90 minutes and DON'T lay down during this time - you are trying to avoid mixing the semen and the egg white.

If you like, you can douche with baking soda an hour before (but you don't have to.) You can also use Egg White if you have no EWCM but EWCM is vastly preferable - you may want to take Robitussin to ensure you have some (it's best not to use Pre-seed in this instance because there is a large difference in pH between the egg white and Pre-seed). Try to have a female O as many times before and after inserting the cup as you can (but remember not to lie down )

For timing, you may want to DTD one time only either the day of ovulation or the day before. Try to maximize sperm count by having DH release every 3 or 4 days. He may want to increase his sperm's energy levels by drinking caffeine about an hour before your attempt.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is douching safe?

You may have heard or noticed a warning label on every commercial douche package not to use during pregnancy? Plus, the US Health & Human Services Office (as well as Planned Parenthood & ACOG it seems) also advise against it:

"Can douching hurt my chances of having a healthy pregnancy?
    It may. Limited research shows that douching may make it more difficult for a woman to get pregnant. In women trying to get pregnant, those who douched more than once a week took the longest to get pregnant.

Studies also show that douching may boost a woman's chance of ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy is when the fertilized egg attaches to the inside of the fallopian tube instead of the uterus. If left untreated, ectopic pregnancy can be life-threatening. It can also make it difficult for a woman to get pregnant in the future."

And this is from the Drugstore. com website :

"An association has been reported between douching and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), a serious infection of your reproductive system which can lead to sterility and/or ectopic (tubal) pregnancy. PID requires immediate medical attention. PID's most common symptoms are pain and/or tenderness in the lower part of the abdomen and pelvis. You may also experience a vaginal discharge, vaginal bleeding, nausea or fever. If you suspect you have PID, stop using this product and see your doctor immediately."

This sounds pretty scary so let's look a little closer at douching and safety.

To understand why douching can cause ectopic and serious infection, yet why it is safe for us to douche while swaying, we have to know a bit more about the history of douching.

For many decades during the 20th c. the vagina was seen as 'dirty' and so doctors advised their patients to be douching regularly. Some of the things they were using to douche with were downright dangerous chemicals. Bleach, Lysol, boric acid, ammonia, and dozens of other cringeworthy ingredients were included in preparations that were mass-marketed to women. This was just a part of the larger anti-female attitude of the times, which also included medically invasive childbirth procedures, giving women hysterectomies when they didn't need them, and discouraging breastfeeding.

Many doctors told their patients to douche once or twice a week or maybe just after AF, but some women, convinced by marketing campaigns designed to shame women into buying douches, took it to extremes and douched every day and also repeatedly after sex, using a considerable amount of force. As you can imagine, the equipment they used wasn't always clean, and just the fact that they were douching forcefully every day, and sometimes more, for years and years, led to irritation and infections.

This irritation and infection led to scarring in the cervix which led to infection and scarring in the uterus and Fallopian tubes. And scarring in the tubes is what causes the correlation between douching and ectopic pregnancies, because if there is scar tissue in the tubes, the bean simply can't make its way through the scar tissue to get to the uterus. It will find a cozy spot in the tubes and implant there.

It just seems very unlikely to me that enough quantity of a gently applied douche could manage to get through the closed cervix of a not-pregnant woman, all the way up through the uterus, then take a 90 degree turn into the Fallopian tubes with enough force to do anything at all to the bean. It would have to be shot up there like a fire hose to do that. Can douching introduce bacteria and fungi, certainly, but these microorganisms (like sperm) are microscopic and can fit thorugh the closed cervix anyway. It is INFECTION that causes the scarring and ectopic pregnancy, not douching.

37% of all women douche at least once a month, and yet the rate of ectopic pg is roughly 2 in 100 (some of whom do not douche) - meaning that most women who douche, even douche regularly, never have an ectopic and plenty of women who have never douched in their lives still get an ectopic pg. If you have PID, inflammation, infection, and scarring which can be caused or aggravated by chronic and frequent douching, then that raises your risk of ectopic 10 times.

But we aren't going to be douching every day for years and years, we will douche gently before a few of our attempts for a few months at most, and then we might use a small amount of an after solution that is not applied with any force at all, and of course we will make very sure our equipment is scrupulously clean. This is just not at all the same circumstances that lead to ectopic pregnancy.

Also, sway-related douching is done right around O...the fertilized egg doesn't even arrive to implant in the uterus until AFTER ovulation. Eggs are fertilized in the Fallopian tubes and then journey to the uterus to implant, days after any douching has been done.

Then why the stern warning about douching during pregnancy? On another site, there was a bit of dangerous misinformation being handed out, that it was because douching caused yeast infections during pregnancy. NOT TRUE. Douching can indeed cause yeast infections, as can swaying (this link will help manage yeast infections while swaying) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...ast-infections

But the warning against douching during pregnancy has nothing to do with yeast infections. Later on in pg your cervix begins to open up and it would be much easier to introduce bacteria/fungi into your uterus by douching (way more serious ones than yeast) . Also, if you had a rupture of your membranes and then douched, that would be disastrous for the baby. And of course, douching carries with it the risk of irritation and scarring of the cervix. That's why you shouldn't douche during pregnancy, that's what the warnings are about.

We ONLY douche before you're ever even pregnant. Those warnings are not designed for anyone who's not pregnant yet.

So anyone who's worried that the douching for swaying purposes can somehow harm you or your soon-to-be conceived baby, the evidence indicates that it is very safe.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...hing-safe.html

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...nfections.html
    complete guide to swaying and yeast infections

Whether you're swaying blue or swaying pink, yeast infection is an issue for all of us to be aware of.

There is a little yeast fungus living in your vagina all the time, but it's usually held in check by good microorganisms that live in there. Whenever the environment changes (either more acidic OR more alkaline), that kills off some of these friendly critters, and if your diet at that time is yeast friendly, this gives food for the yeast to grow. Since there's less competition for the yeast organisms because of the changes in pH, they overgrow and that's when you get a YI.

To help prevent this from happening, if you are swaying pink, you may want to include acidophilus as a part of your TTC plan, and also eat a lot of the yogurt with natural cultures in it. This will provide more competition for the yeast and make it less likely they will overgrow. But be aware that some people are actually made more alkaline by acidophilus - perhaps they already had an underlying yeast infection and yeast releases acids as part of its life cycle - so you need to check ahead of time to see how it will affect you.

If swaying blue, garlic is an excellent addition to your TTC plan. Garlic is antimicrobial and in addition to killing off yeast, it also helps your blue sway by raising your testosterone levels and raising pH. It may even help make you healthier overall by eliminating bacterial infections throughout your body that you may not even have known your immune system was fighting...and healthy women have more sons!! Fresh garlic is much more effective than garlic pills.

For all swayers - Make sure everything is very, very clean. Sanitize your equipment with boiling water before you use it (be sure to let it cool to room temperature, you don't need to use the equipment when it's still hot!!).

Be sure to keep your undergarments scrupulously clean. Even if you have to change panties 2 or 3 times a day. This is especially important if you're trying to increase your EWCM as part of a blue sway. More secretions = more moisture, and moisture helps these organisms to grow. Do not wear thongs and at night, you may want to sleep without wearing underwear at all.

If this is an ongoing issue for you, do not eat a lot of sugar and bread, this feeds the yeast organisms.

You can treat a yeast infection either with an OTC medication or by applying plain yogurt, the kind with natural cultures in it. Surprisingly, the yogurt works just as well as the cream does, for many people. If you've just ovulated, you should have enough time to treat your symptoms and still try again the next month, but if you get the infection in the two weeks prior to ovulation, it's best to skip TTC that month and try again the next month.

Yeast infection isn't dangerous at all, most women get them once in a while. The only thing to be aware of is a UTI (urinary tract infection), that is when organisms begin to live in your urethra and bladder. If this were to happen you would have a lot of burning and feeling like you had to pee a lot. Drinking a lot of water and cranberry juice (good for ttc pink anyway) can help to prevent UTIs, as can drinking lots of water and eating fresh garlic (good for ttc blue).

If you do get a UTI, your doctor can give you medicine that will cure it. You should stop swaying while you use the medication because it can affect your sway in unpredictable ways.

Yeast is not bacteria, it is a fungus. If you have a bacterial infection, that is a different thing entirely and you need to see a doctor right away for antibiotics (note - antibiotics sway blue.) Symptoms of bacterial vaginosis are similar to a yeast infection, but with a greenish or grayish discharge, and a very, very strong and foul odor coming from the vaginal area. Some people can have bacterial vaginosis without having any itching or burning, so if you notice any discharge or odor that is worrying, see a doctor right away.

Yeast actually do create an acidic by-product as part of their life cycle, and some people actually speculate that they WANT a yeast infection because they think it will sway pink. But the problem is that it is too variable to rely on for swaying...your body wants to get rid of the yeast and so it raises its pH as a result, trying to eradicate the infection.

IN a nutshell, higher pH does not cause YI, lower pH does not cause YI, CHANGES in pH cause YI. You need to treat the yeast before continuing to sway.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rted-opks.html
    getting started with OPKs

When researching OPKs, I found that there is already a lot of extremely well-written and easy to understand info on OPKs out there. Rather than totally reinvent the wheel, here are some links that will help with OPKs.

Pee On A Stick ~ OPK Overview (general info and different brands)
    POAS ~ OPK FAQ (FAQ and how to)
    POAS ~ OPK Odyssey (this is a really great bunch of photos of a lot of negative and some positive OPKs)

Ovulation Predictor Kit Questions and Answers (FAQ)
    http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com...tor-tests.html (user guides)
    How Do Ovulation Tests Predict Most Fertile Period? (how do OPKs work)
    http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com...ctor-kits.html (reading results)
    Calculate When to Begin Ovulation Testing (when to start using OPKs)
    http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com...veresults.html (more q and A about OPKs)

Trying To Conceive Q&A (FAQ and how to)
    Trying To Conceive Q&A (can you o without seeing a positive OPK?)
    Trying To Conceive Q&A (how long after a positive will I ovulate?)
    Trying To Conceive Q&A (advantages of using OPKs)

There is also excellent and clear info on the TCYOF site but to be honest, it has SO MANY ADS that even though I have the highest speed internet available it still takes too darn long to load up.

Also, if you Google OPKs on the "image" setting, you will get TONS of great pics to look over so you will learn what you're looking for.

Sites where you can buy OPKs and other equipment for TTC -

http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com...tiontests.html

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/2ww-...pregnancy.html
    signs and symptoms of early pregnancy

Are you a nervous wreck waiting to test? You may be able to tell if you're pregnant days before you can POAS.

Fatigue - One of the earliest signs of pregnancy for many of us is sheer, mind-numbing exhaustion. Since a lot of moms feel that way on a daily basis anyway, this is kind of a tough one to notice!

Sore, tingling breasts - When I was TTC my third son, I was getting something out of my car and I barely hit my breast on the car door. But I had a huge amount of pain and tingling and I knew then and there I was pregnant, even though I hadn't even missed my period yet. If you're breastfeeding, you may not notice this, but you may notice you are suddenly making less milk or nursing has become painful.

Spotting and cramping - 10-14 days after conception, you may experience a little spotting as the egg implants in your uterus. Or you may have mild to severe menstrual-like cramps.

Nausea and vomiting - Usually these symptoms come along a little later in pregnancy, but if you're expecting twins it can strike quite early!! Sensitivity to smell is also a very early sign for some.

Food aversions, cravings, changes in appetite - if you're suddenly grossed out by the thought of chicken or eating massive amounts of chocolate, that can be a sign that you're eating (or not eating) for two!

Feeling lightheaded - Your blood vessels dilate and this can lead to low blood pressure and dizziness, even fainting if you get up too quickly.

Moodiness - This is one symptom you can't really trust, because many of us get moody right before our periods anyway. Still, it can be a sign of pregnancy.

Constipation - For some of us, this is one of the earliest signs we experience. Progesterone affects the intestines and makes them work more slowly.

Headaches and migraines - Headaches and hormonal migraines are extremely common in early pregnancy. Even if you've never had a migraine before, you may experience them in early pregnancy. This may be a result of the lower blood pressure and dilated vessels.

Vaginal discharge - You're already beginning to form a mucus plug in your cervix that will be with you for the next 9 months - along with a mild but noticeable discharge.

Frequent urination and thirstiness - These two things go hand in hand with pregnancy and can start very early on.

Changes in sexual appetite - You may want to DTD more or want your husband as far away as possible.

Heartburn, varicose veins, hemmorhoids, sciatica, pelvic pain - For those of us who have had several pregnancies, we may begin to experience the aches and pains caused by relaxin (the hormone your body releases that allows your tissues to stretch enough to allow a baby to pass through the birth canal) very early on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast