Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

LE diet if already underweight?

I just joined this website yesterday. There is A LOT of information! While I am trying read through everything, I have seen a lot of talk about the LE diet. I read the whole article, and I get it. However, I am about 105lbs & 5'6" and have a hard enough time keeping on weight with a normal 2000-3000 cal diet. Am I doomed? I can't afford to lose weight or I know I won't ovulate. Any other suggestions or diets to try? Would a shorter time period be helpful at all? Or another diet completely? I have two boys, and I reallly want a girl. But, I know I can't get a girl if I can't get pregnant We would like to start TTC in 6 weeks. Any advice is greatly appreciated - thank yoU!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aim for eating less protein and fat, and more carbs instead (grains and sugar.) even if you have to eat more than the recommended number of calories to do so.. the carbs will keep the weight on for you, while the lower protein and lower fat can still help sway pink. A shorter time period will still help.

Some people do an IG or French Gender Diet instead, but a lot of people have the same prob. on them because they're restrictive.

You read this article, right??? http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...l-version.html There's another essay on here that I wrote before I realized people wanted another option for dieting, where I tried to blend the diets together into one diet but it was so restrictive that hardly anyone could stick to it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd try and lose a lb the week of OV, even if you regain it/maintain weight during the 2ww..

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the exact same boat as you. I've been on the diet for 6.5 week (currently in the 2ww) I am 5'6 and 105 to start as well. My BMI was 16.7 or something and I decided to stick with 1200 cals because of how short term I was doing it (I was really hardcore strict for 3.5 weeks before attempt). In 3 weeks I dropped to 100lbs and 16.0 BMI. I *think* I ovulated but am not fully sure. I honestly find it really hard not losing weight on this diet because even sticking to my protein and carb intakes I was still losing - I've recently gone up to around 1300-1500 cals and am finally staying even at 101 (I think the 1lbs is bloating) and so far haven't lost more. I'm the same as you and before ate everything and anything - probably 2000+ cals a day and I never went over 105 unless it was right before AF when I'd be slightly bloated.

I personally felt like short term was better and if I'm not pregnant I'm going to have to up my cals because I can't lose anymore. It's annoying because I feel like this cycle will be my best because I dropped 5lbs and have nothing left to lose - I can only go up from here which scares me about swaying boy! I feel like the fact I'm already very underweight and still have boys just means I'm doomed!!!

I don't have much advice since I don't even really know what to do myself but nice to know someone with the same stats having the same issue

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Aim for eating less protein and fat, and more carbs instead (grains and sugar.) even if you have to eat more than the recommended number of calories to do so.. the carbs will keep the weight on for you, while the lower protein and lower fat can still help sway pink. A shorter time period will still help.

Some people do an IG or French Gender Diet instead, but a lot of people have the same prob. on them because they're restrictive.

You read this article, right??? http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...l-version.html There's another essay on here that I wrote before I realized people wanted another option for dieting, where I tried to blend the diets together into one diet but it was so restrictive that hardly anyone could stick to it.
    Thanks atomic! YES- I read the article. I think I will have to carb it up. Normally I do eat a lot of protein & fat to keep weight on (why I have two boys maybe? Lol). But I think if I stick to a low-er cal intake and stay away from fat/protein maybe I will be ok. And possibly hitting it harder the month I ttc.? Thanks again!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    I'd try and lose a lb the week of OV, even if you regain it/maintain weight during the 2ww..
    What is tww? Two week wait. After ov?

Quote Originally Posted by MSBLAKELY View Post
    I'm in the exact same boat as you. I've been on the diet for 6.5 week (currently in the 2ww) I am 5'6 and 105 to start as well. My BMI was 16.7 or something and I decided to stick with 1200 cals because of how short term I was doing it (I was really hardcore strict for 3.5 weeks before attempt). In 3 weeks I dropped to 100lbs and 16.0 BMI. I *think* I ovulated but am not fully sure. I honestly find it really hard not losing weight on this diet because even sticking to my protein and carb intakes I was still losing - I've recently gone up to around 1300-1500 cals and am finally staying even at 101 (I think the 1lbs is bloating) and so far haven't lost more. I'm the same as you and before ate everything and anything - probably 2000+ cals a day and I never went over 105 unless it was right before AF when I'd be slightly bloated.

I personally felt like short term was better and if I'm not pregnant I'm going to have to up my cals because I can't lose anymore. It's annoying because I feel like this cycle will be my best because I dropped 5lbs and have nothing left to lose - I can only go up from here which scares me about swaying boy! I feel like the fact I'm already very underweight and still have boys just means I'm doomed!!!

I don't have much advice since I don't even really know what to do myself but nice to know someone with the same stats having the same issue
    Oh, hoping you are preggo and a girl! That seems like plenty enough wt loss to sway if you did indeed ovulate. I know I normally (from past experience) don't get periods <108 lbs., although now I still am ( every 45 days, eek) at 105. So any wt loss worries me. Although in the past I have tried to gain weight to help regulate my cycle before getting pregnant. Between that and a normally high fat diet, no wonder I had boys and I am definitely a type-A person who stresses and is a perfectionist, also not good for girl making either I understand, lol. Man, I am really going to have to change my ways fast :giggle

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by amk2013 View Post
    Thanks atomic! YES- I read the article. I think I will have to carb it up. Normally I do eat a lot of protein & fat to keep weight on (why I have two boys maybe? Lol). But I think if I stick to a low-er cal intake and stay away from fat/protein maybe I will be ok. And possibly hitting it harder the month I ttc.? Thanks again!
    perfect!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by amk2013 View Post
    What is tww? Two week wait. After ov?
    yes that's right!