Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

HELP!! How long should I stay on diet before TTC?

Updated 12-22-17

The primary consideration in how long to be on a sway diet before TTC is how much you weigh to start out with. WE cannot make a blanket prescription for either pink or blue because every individual is beginning at a different weight to start out with. We have the full guide to weight gain/weight loss for swaying (both blue and pink) here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...tml#post960313

Also, if you are adding exercise, that can also affect how long to do diet beforehand.

If you want a girl and you have little to no weight to lose (0-5 lbs, up to 10 if you lose weight very easily), you should be on LE Diet no longer than 6 weeks before TTC. If you're going to try for a very strict sway, you may even want less time, more like 2-4 weeks, because it will probably take you more than a month to get pregnant. Yes, we have been seeming to see better results with people on diet for longer http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...readsheet.html but if you weigh 85 lbs you CANNOT be on diet for very long and you should not try because you will lose too much weight and stop ovulation. But ONLY do this short a sway time if and only if you are planning a strict sway (with jellies, frequency, timing, etc) If you're doing a more laid back sway and are focusing on diet, exercise, and one attempt ONLY - please do longer on diet even if you're thin. Up calories to prevent weight loss but do not try for a laid back sway with 2 weeks on diet, that's a recipe for another boy.

If you want a girl and have a lot of weight to lose (more than 20 lbs), you should be on diet a full 90 days before beginning to TTC if at all possible, because we've been having better success with people doing LE Diet for longer. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...readsheet.html. Healthy weight loss is 1-2 lbs a week and so in 90 days' time you will have taken off 12-24 lbs, then you can start to TTC and the weight will continue to come off while you go. Most people do not get pregnant the first month of swaying, so you can start off doing a very strict sway, figure on BFN, and still be losing weight for another month or two or three.

If you want a girl and have a bit of weight to lose (5-20 lbs), you should be on diet for 90 days if at all possible, but remain flexible and be willing to cut that short if the weight flies off. For whatever reason, most of the time people with this amount of weight to drop, lose it very rapidly and you may need to adjust caloric intake upwards and/or TTC sooner than you planned.

If you want a girl and want to include the intense exercise option (we have had great results doing cardio exercise 60 min a day, 6-7 days a week) and you have a bit of weight to spare (if you have no weight to spare, you should not do the intense exercise option), you will need to do LE Diet a shorter time before TTC and should also increase calories to the 1800-2000 range. (trying for 90 days with intense exercise and eating 1200-1500 cals a day will cause you to lose way too much weight.)

If you have a lot of weight to spare, stick with the normal 1500-1800 cal intake recommendation and try to make the full 90 days even if it means you have to up calories a bit to do so.

If you really want to start diet sooner rather than later even if you do not have much weight to spare, you always have the option of going vegetarian or vegan, and/or reducing fat and protein to LE Diet levels and stopping multivitamins, but keeping caloric intake high enough so you do not lose any weight, months prior to actively TTC.

Many people assume that because pink swayers have seen better results on diet for longer, then blue swayers should also aspire to longer periods of time on diet before TTC. This is NOT the case. It is much easier to improve condition and fertility than it is to decline it and thus most blue swayers should aim for 6 weeks max on diet before TTC. Most blue swayers only need to gain 3-5 lbs for their sway, and the longer you are on diet, the higher the odds that you will gain too much weight. There are a couple exceptions to that below.

NO matter your weight going in, ALL blue swayers should lift weights 4-5 times a week. This will ensure you add weight in the form of muscle mass, which will help you burn excess calories. If you are already on the heavy side or do not want to gain much weight, you can also add in cardio exercise (the types that build muscle in the thighs and glutes like stepping, and/or uses light weights to build arm muscles while doing the cardio are best, kickboxing and Taebo are also great) UNDER 45 minutes 3-5 times a week. If you do both weights and cardio in the same day, don't do them one right after the other, you want to exercise LESS than 45 min. at a time because your body stops burning carbs and starts using your stored fat/muscle as fuel at about that point.

If you want a boy and you are underweight, undernourished (you are a picky eater, vegan, have an illness that inhibits your nutrient absorption, are exercising a lot, or are just coming off a fast for religious purposes), and/or have trouble keeping weight on, you may need to do diet for longer than 6 weeks. You should not gain more than 10-15 lbs regardless.

If you want a boy and were previously doing IG-style diet and cutting way way back on cal-mag-Vit. D whilst eating a lot of sodium/baking soda/COT/ASG/Ural, and you were on that diet for more than 2 months, you want to give yourself more like 8 weeks to undo the damage that was done by the IG-style diet. You should eat the lower caloric intake of 2000-2200 a day and add in cardio to ensure you do not gain too much weight.

If you want a boy and are already heavy, you should eat the lower caloric intake 2000-2200 cals a day, and you can even decrease that to 1800-2000 if you need to. You should TTC after only 2-4 weeks on diet (using Preseed, taking vitamin supplements, and having DH release every 2-4 days) and you should let go of tactics that do not sway and inhibit pregnancy, like Shettles timing. You should add in cardio as well if at all possible. If a few lbs. sneak off, that's ok, it may help your sway by improving your condition overall. Remember, it's NOT weight gain or loss that sway - it's improving your overall condition, and if you need to lose a bit of weight, it can help your condition overall, esp. if you've gotten girls at a higher weight.

If you want a boy and actually need to lose weight before TTC, please do so in a safe fashion on a diet that contains both protein and carbs in addition to healthy fats and fruit/veg such as South Beach Diet. Be sure you are taking a multivitamin. Then once you have the weight off or at least some of it, you can go onto HE Diet for a short time.

If you really want to start diet sooner rather than later, you always have the option of increasing intake of protein and saturated/healthy fat, eating 9-11 fruits and vegetables a day, reducing or eliminating shellfish/organ meats/artificial sweeteners/transfats/high-nitrate cured meats, reducing caffeine and alcohol intake to moderate levels, quitting smoking, and beginning multivitamins and fish oil, but keeping caloric intake low enough so you do not gain any weight, months prior to actively TTC.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; December 22nd, 2017 at 12:10 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am hopring to conceive between March-May of 2015. I am breeding my 13 month old still-quite a bit. I have tried past few weeks to start LE diet. I exercise daily already (60min) walking with the double jogger up and down hilly roads. I was aiming for 1800 cal or so. 50 g fat, 40 grams pro or so... I have been trying to eat dinner at 6 or 7, not eat again until 11-12 next day. (That one is hard-I watch the clock lol) Then I try to eat a 900 cal meal (actually hard to do with LE foods! I get so stuffed!) then I let myself have a 900 cal dinner. So, two meals a day, no snacking in between. Is this too early to try this diet/lifestyle? Is it a waste of time and my body since I am not trying to conceive until spring? I have not started my cycles back yet, and so I figured, if I were to ''accidentally'' fall pg sooner, I would already have been doing these things.... I am 126lbs (actually was 128 but dropped two lbs during the last few weeks) and 5'7'' I look really slim. My weight is prob more muscle related, and I have always had the luxury of being able to eat a ton and not get big. =D But, I see that is maybe why I have two boys! =) I love to snack!! Any directional advice? Oh, and I have dropped meat-never cared for a ton of it anyway.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely too soon IMO unless you are NTNP.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you aren't ovulating regularly I would prob. hold off a bit.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, thanks ladies! What would you say would be a ''balance'' right now between full LE and ''normal'' life. I feel I could try to always skip breakfast, or at least only a small bite (I am used to it literally being my biggest meal of the day!!) no meat (as best possible)

Thinking i'll drop the exercise near Jan? I just am so prone to muscle building naturally, and it might give me a good little T break.... I am addicted to getting my exercise 60 min min. in per day. I have already stopped any arm weights, tho I'm more of a pilates person anyway-no free weights.

Any tips on how much pro, fat to eat per day? I feel I need 2000 cal to not be losing weight. When I go under that I lose...

Interesting, I was asking my mom what she could remember doing for her eating pattern/foods before she conceived me, and she said she had a carnation inst. breakfast or bowl of cereal with skim milk for breakfast, but did not snack between meals really ever since she was busy working still. She also had started to take out sugar because she was having hypoglycemia issues, and was eating sugar free stuff instead. She never has been an exerciser. She was not a dairy person at all, and if she did ever drink milk it was always skim, and only a little glass with a brownie or cookie. I am a huge dairy fan, so I am no going to be upping calcium during my sway. I did a TON before conceiving ds2!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would switch to vegetarian and alter proportion of fats as outlined in this essay. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...pink-blue.html

skip breakfast and avoid snacks if you can.

Your mom sounds like mine. She never drank milk in her life except for a tiny 1/2 pint of milk at lunch (she was a schoolteacher and was setting the example for her students) never snacked, never ate breakfast, and she never took vitamins except when already pregnant. I also got all boys with tons of dairy and then my 3rd and 4th I was taking calcium and Vit. D supplements, and I eat like a Hobbit (breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, lunch, tea, supper, dinner, and in my case I'd also add a bedtime snack.)

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that is how I ate, too! She had a boy in between my sis and me, and she thinks she prob always ate breakfast since I wanted it, lol, and snacked more because more crackers and stuff were around because of me, and she became a SAHM. With my sis, things were busy with two kids, so she may have swayed girl again. Also, she was a major night owl

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post

I eat like a Hobbit (breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, lunch, tea, supper, dinner, and in my case I'd also add a bedtime snack.)
    This made me laugh out loud!!!

Now ready to start trying for a sister for her!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Atomic,

I am praying and swaying blue
    I tried for last month and couldn't conceive, there came 'AF'. Hmm disappointed I was Now this month would be the next target. I would be ovulating around 25th of this month. Pls pls guide me when to start with the following things:
    1. ASG
    2. BSF
    3. Preseed
    4. Guaifenesin (Is it to be taken only from AF until O?)

I have been taking supplements for Vits. Vit-D additionally, Folic Acid, EPO. I did purchase L-Arginine but have been irregular with the intake. Have taken it thrice so far. Not really sure if I should be going ahead with it or not. I am concentrating on Fruits Juices, raw fruits, lots and lots of nuts, vegetables. Munching potatoes chips, salt on everything I can add. Having beets, carrots, tomorrows at regular intervals. Eating like a monster every time and have gained few pounds in the last month as well.

Since my ovulation would fall under New Moon, I am like a bit scared. Well yes!! very scared. I don't want to count on Chinese calender though but this moon theory is getting on my nerve. I can't, really can't do something would the moon phase, I know. Okay okay, let me out focus that for now.
    Hey my BD attempts as you suggested would be O-1 or daye with Opk+ve, O, O+1. Making DH release at a frequency of 2-4 days.

Please suggest if I am missing something major here. I'm crossing fingers for this month.
    Last edited by ps17; May 5th, 2017 at 04:10 AM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Edit: I am trying to make my diet alkaline as possible Taking pumpkin seeds, fruit juices, raw veggies. Little bit of eggs, and dairy. DH is keen on alkaline body as well.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast