Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What's the reason for early ovulation and does it sway girl or boy?

So this is my second cycle that I was planning to do a cut off but I've been tricked yet again by my body. For my first cycle, I ovulated 4 days earlier (CD 16) than I usually do, which was CD 20, and so this month, I had planned to DTD even earlier for at least a 2 day cutoff, but when I checked with my clear blue fertility monitor (and the stick that goes with it), it had almost a double line (meaning O was impending) and it is only CD14! Planning to test with the LH strips in the evening before thinking of DTD which might mean it's right before or on O day... My ovulation is again making a surprise early appearance and I'm not sure what to do now.

Why would swaying pink make me ovulate earlier and earlier? Is it the supplements? I'm taking baby aspirin 2-3 times a week, folic acid, saw palmetto and drinking peppermint tea and following the LE diet modestly now, watching my salt and potassium and skipping breakfast.

My final question is, would an early ovulation be good for swaying pink (or just swaying either way in general?)

TIA!!!
    Last edited by belledandy; May 17th, 2013 at 07:24 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, you're not ovulating early, you were ovulating late before.

I believe that WHENEVER your cycle changes from what it was when you conceived your boys, that's all good for your sway.

Late ovulation past CD 16 is caused by high testosterone, and so my suspicion is that your T levels are dropping and you are now ovulating normally. diet and supps lower testosterone.

Please don't do both pep tea and saw palmetto, they can interfere with each other. one or the other.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah, thanks again for your response Atomic. I always suspected I had high testosterone levels. My mother always said I was a very muscular and active baby and I have always had good muscle mass (and fast metabolism).

So it is then a good sign that I'm ovulating earlier than I used to, that the supplements and diet are working. Would it be ok to alternate the tea and saw palmetto one day and drinking peppermint tea the other day?? I didn't want to go full on with saw palmetto.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I think it's a good sign. Very.

I think you need to do either/or pep tea or saw palmetto, not both. they mess with the way the other works, so doing one one day and one the other, isn't going to work, they'll still be in your system. It would be better to do SP alone every other day or just pep tea.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope you don't mind me butting in, I'm curious now. So having really long, irregular cycles is a sign of high T levels?

[2] healthy baby boy born in 2011
    [21 weeks] Nov. 2012 Went for a scan at 20 weeks, baby measured 17+6, came back for a follow up scan and baby had passed away. Lots of testing, no answers.
    Moving on without my son's brother. Starting our HT journey in 2014.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are like a fountain of knowledge Atomic! I learn so much from your thoughtful and helpful responses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sbowman View Post
    Hope you don't mind me butting in, I'm curious now. So having really long, irregular cycles is a sign of high T levels?
    I've always had late-ish irregular cycles & ov'd between cd15-19. However, after being on the le diet for a few months ov started to get later & later each month. I lost a lot of weight and Atomic explained that it was this plus a lower than ideal intake of fat that caused it not T levels. I don't know though if eating a pre-le diet, not swaying & having an irregular cycle means high T levels. Perhaps. BUT you can do something about those levels with the le diet.

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, just another thought and I have no evidence to support this but maybe having sperm in the reproductive tract is 'sensed' by the body and helps speed up ovulation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lown View Post
    Hi, just another thought and I have no evidence to support this but maybe having sperm in the reproductive tract is 'sensed' by the body and helps speed up ovulation.
    I have read that an orgasm can induce ov but can't remember where I read it or how accurate that is. I guess you'd have to be close to ov anyway.

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sbowman View Post
    There are TWO causes of long, irregular cycles. One is higher than normal T (tendency towards PCOS), your body makes testosterone and that interferes with the estrogen needed to produce a surge. This cause of long cycles can sway blue, and so when people start swaying, they can sometimes see long cycles normalize and this is just fine and a good sign.

The second cause of long, irregular cycles is when you are not getting enough resources (particularly cals, fat, and fat soluble vitamins) to make estrogen with and so your body doesn't "want" to surge and so ovulation is delayed. This sways pink, and when people who had a normal cycle, start swaying, and see their cycle lenghten, this is what's going on and it is ALSO a good sign when it happens (albeit very frustrating)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast