Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ohmigod, you have described me (mom of 3 boys) to a TEE! Even down to the fact that I was stressed out watching the entire FBDO movie, thinking about all the things that were going to go wrong. Just take the car back, Cameron!! Lol! I’ve been called a ‘control freak’ since I was three years old, and it’s only in the last few years that I’ve started to be able to let things go another way than I want them to. But I’m still most comfortable and calm when I’m planning things down to the last detail. (You should see the trip I’m currently planning for my family to Disneyland. My family thinks I’m nuts. They can’t understand why I’d want to have the brand of milk we take with us for our re-planned breakfasts picked out ahead of time. Don’t they understand that if we have the wrong brand it could lead to catastrophic vacation disasters??!!)

I will say that with age I’ve made an effort to take the anxiety out of it for myself. I try not to get freaked out that I can’t control things, I just know that I am more comfortable if I can. Like, I’ve learned ot let the house be dirty sometimes, bit look at a pile of dishes and let it sit there for awhile while I play cars with my sons instead. It’s hard – and totally against my nature! – but in the long run, I can feel it is better for my overall anxiety level. And with some practice, there are things that I’ve actually stopped caring about having “my way.” (A little. See milk reference above.)

“So if you’re a Mary- or Martha-type please don’t despair that your sway is doomed to failure, you can reprogram yourself to some extent and it will really help your sway.”

I can’t wait to hear about the “re-programming” part! I’ll be checking back all weekend for more on this essay.

FABULOUS job, atomic! This is really interesting, well-researched stuff. I’m so impressed. (And was laughing throughout. Well researched and entertaining for the win!)
    2000 2009 2012
    mc July 2014
    mc Dec 2014

Hoping for my girl to stay sticky!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Makes you really wonder if older moms have more girls b/c they've mellowed with age, too...combined with the fact that their fertility is probably decreased.

Geez...hoping that's how it all worked for me anyway!! I'll let y'all know in January!! lol
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    girliedreamz I just wanted to let you know, I have a friend going to Disney who has hired a UHaul to bring along her daughters' custom-made, color coordinated Disney wardrobes that she has been organizing for a year now. 3 girls, one boy!! You can do this!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes little_quickstepper liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BeadinMom View Post
    Makes you really wonder if older moms have more girls b/c they've mellowed with age, too...combined with the fact that their fertility is probably decreased.

Geez...hoping that's how it all worked for me anyway!! I'll let y'all know in January!! lol
    I do totally think this. Life has a way of beating the Martha right out of ya and I would even go so far as to say raising boys can contribute to that!!! o.O
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    girliedreamz I just wanted to let you know, I have a friend going to Disney who has hired a UHaul to bring along her daughters' custom-made, color coordinated Disney wardrobes that she has been organizing for a year now. 3 girls, one boy!! You can do this!!
    ROFL! Okay, that so makes me feel better! (Both about being very Martha-esque and about my chances of having a girl!!)
    2000 2009 2012
    mc July 2014
    mc Dec 2014

Hoping for my girl to stay sticky!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Brilliant! Great work as usual!
    (2009)
    (2011)
    Due January 2014 and swayed for a
    It's A GIRL!

I can do all things in Christ, who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

Link to my girl sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Holy crap you do a lot of work!
    DS #1 - 2010 Liam James #2 - 2012 Ezra Keaton

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I am thinking of at least 2 close friends who are like this, and both have girls (one is a GB mom, the other a GBG mom). The GBG mom recently took the cabinets off her kitchen walls, painted them, and put them back. She also MADE her own entry table with a jigsaw, raw materials, and her determination. She is such a planner, cleaner, organizer, and controller. Yet, 2 of her 3 are girls. Thing is, and I think this is a big key: she wasn't planning either of her daughters. She WAS planning her son.

Thinking I need to have an oops baby! Atomic, may be coming to you down the road for some advice on a non-sway sway. One that doesn't allow me to get obsessed, because I'm really not trying. Hehe!!
    Mommy to 4 precious little boys, would love a , but more also welcome!

(July 2007)

(August 2009)

(May 2012)

(February 2014)

Due January 2016
    It's a ! My little miracle from God!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lol maybe I need to dig out the CBT exercises again to make my anxious or repetitive brain learn to be quiet

thank you for these, I've only had a chance to skim read these so far, but what you're writing seems to click as being correct in my head. At the same time, it makes me think that really much more is out of our control than we thought so in some ways maybe I'm already closer to girl-mum-thoughts than I thought

BTW I think in this country and society girls are actually seen as the "preferred" gender, it's boys here who are portrayed more negatively on the whole

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Amazing, as always Atomic! Thank you sooo much for this fab essay, it was just what I needed to read. I was cringing the wholeway through though as I am such a Martha! Especially at Christmas time when I upset my family by trying to do far too much, homemade presents/food etc. Ds3 will knock that right out of me this year being due just beforehand though!

I know & accept that my need to control my future was the biggest reason why ds3 is coming to join us. Heck, it pains me to say that my desire to home-school even has an element of 'Martha-ism' about it too! I don't trust the system in the UK to do a good enough job.....

I truly believed that if I worked at swaying hard enough IT WOULD WORK - despite your warnings of the kitchen sink sway Atomic. I approached it all the wrong way, more like preparing for an exam rather than a roll of the dice.

I can't wait to read the rest of this essay on how to become more Mary-like. I think I needed ds3 to wake me up to the fact that I can't control everything - and to learn that that's no bad thing. Beadin, I agree age & experience most probably does have something to do with it too

Thank you again Atomic

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast