Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish people would just be nice & respectful of others.think before u speak & potentially hurt someones feelings or even worse a little kid.If u HAVE to make a comment stick to "What a beautiful family" or "What a cutie".no one gets offended-no gender screw ups & u always get a smile or a "thank u".I have gotten "wow 2 girls what a handful".A good smack across the face was first instinct but I sadly refrained.
    Jan. 22 2008 7lbs 7oz Mar. 14 2011 6lbs 11ozs (my birthday gift &
    drug free water birth baby) Feb 2 2013 my surrogate bun 5 weeks 11/25/13.:9 weeks 5/9/14NOT giving up on my dream for

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have always tried to be sensitive to peoples family make-up. I never say anything I wouldn't want to hear myself. I don't even ask people I am close with if they are having more kids or not out of fear. haha
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get that all the time when I'm walking down the street with the double pushchair. The most annoying thing for me is that it's the same women who says it and it's on a weekly basis. Every Tuesday I pass by her and every Tuesday she says "oh you've got ur hands full there." Grrrr. I usually reply with, no I haven't my boys are good. But if I'm in a hurry I just mumble in agreement with her since she never listens anyway.
    April 2012 April 2013 April 2014 due March 2015

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I HATE when people assume that a mothers relationship wont be as good with a boy as it would be with a girl, 3 out of my 4 best friends hate their mothers and do anything to avoid having to see them. A good relationship is just that, a relationship where any two people put in the effort to get along and love each other, despite age or gender. I cannot stand that boys are somehow second rate to girls. Dont get me wrong, I would love a little girl, but just for the experience, not because I think it will be better, or so I can dress her up... Such a simple and ignorant way to think. Every child is a blessing.
    Last edited by Peebell85; April 17th, 2014 at 09:00 PM.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just found out today that I'm having a girl after two boys and the first thing I got was "are you going to try to even it out now?" really people? But I'm waiting for the other comments to flood in.
    B married to T

Mommy to (2011) (2013) (2014) ...They are my world!!

Thank you GOD, Atomic, and everyone here at Gender Dreaming for blessing my family with a HEALTHY BABY GIRL<33

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats mrsandmama!! X

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol! Mrs! It's never good enough is it??
    But if you did go for 4 you'd be harassed for having sooo many children! You just can't win!
    Took the boys for a haircut And got the typical '3 boys!!wow'
    Yah and I'm pregnant again, take that!! Lol

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't got there (dare I say yet?) But I get lots of "will you try again for a girl?" And I have to admit I'm not ready to say openly "yes I want a girl" I say things like "we are not sure if we will have more" or "nooo, I'm happy with boys" and even "I do want more, but hopefully another boy, complete the 5 a side football team. Every mans dream, his own football team" and "god I wouldn't know what to do with a girl, I always hear I'm lucky to have all boys so best stuck to what I know"

I feel like admitting I want a girl would be like saying I only had so many boys to get a girl. Like "oh I'd have stopped at 2 if I had one of each" and I hoped ds4 would be a girl as dh had agreed to 5 and I thought if I got a girl and then went on to have another baby it would be proof that I didn't keep having kids to get a girl. I hate the fact that people will be looking at me with pity because being a woman I obviously must be desperate for a girl. I have been laughed at and everything for having boys. And even asked if I was disappointed to be having a boy when I announced that ds1 was a boy!!
    I get very defensive of boys and all boy families.
    Maybe if I ever get to the place of "you finally got your girl" I can relax about it and be like "yeah, and she is super lucky to have all those big brothers to protect her"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Feb 2006 Oct 2007 March 2010 Oct 2013

Hoping the future holds a for us......

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I must say, I proudly told everyone how grateful I was to get a girl after they asked me the usual 'are you happy to get a girl after two boys?'

Never saw the big deal in that comment... Then again I've had way more negative comments with DD than with any of DSs.

My baby boy (who turned 7 in Feb) is my little buddy, my adorable, charming sweetie. My oldest son has always been my hardest to raise, but lately him and I have been getting along. Who says boys can't be close with their mums?
    Last edited by Myloves; April 21st, 2014 at 11:17 AM. Reason: whoops wrong age lol
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People will say things no matter what. Seriously. My youngest gets called a girl all the time. My DH always makes a point of correcting them, in which case they will ask if we will try for another. My friend has a boy and girl and is having her third. Someone asked her why she would have a third when she already had the "perfect" family. So it really doesn't matter. People like to stick their noses in your business no matter what lol.
    I my 2009 2013
    Christmas Eve team green baby

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast