I hear that all.the.time. I'm not sure why, it's not even like having two boys is *that many.* I guess I could see it more (although it would still be rude, don't get me wrong) if I did have six or seven sons before my daughter. But I only have two! I only rolled the dice three times, I'd say there was no "finally" about it.

I will say "Sure I'm happy we got a girl." But I also usually add "We would have been happy with a boy too." Because I do believe that is the case. Yes, I wanted a girl out of my four children. But I wasn't placing all my eggs in my #3 basket. And I certainly didn't feel it was a "finally" thing.

I'm not too offended, unless they say "At least you got your girl." That one makes me nuts. At least what?? My boys were consolation prizes? Waiting for "my girl"? I think not! I will actually come back at people who say that ridiculous comment. Usually with just "And I got my boys too!" And if they continue, I absolutely tell them that I wished for brothers and feel incredibly blessed that we got them. I just hate the implication that I was only having children to have a girl. We never planned less than four kids, no matter what we had.

And when people find out we are having another (down the line), they automatically either ask why or assume we want another girl. When, in fact, I have very little gender preference (the very slight amount I do have is more for space issues than actual desire. It *would* be more convenient to have two kids in each room, since our house is small. But we will deal either way! I like our boy name better anyway!)