Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VBA2C

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

VBA2C

I know I'm kind of getting ahead of myself (seeing as how I'm not actually pregnant), but I've had 2 CS and would really like to try a VBA2C.
    My first was an emergency section, my second was planned (though I went into labour before my CS date). My children are 6 and 3.5 years old.

Anyone have any information about VBA2C? Most of the info I can find is about VBACs (though I have found some info about VBa2C). Has anyone experienced one?

Jumping the gun, I contacted the midwives practice in my area and they have advised me that "in this community" anyone wanting a VBA2C would have to see an OB. They recommended 2 that might possibly work with me. I was a little put of by their stance. Apparently the midwife regulations state that if a patient wants to do a VBA2C, there has to be consultation with an OB, but they are not willing to do that. They will not assist. I found that more than a little discouraging, to say the least.

Anyway....I guess I just want to know if anyone has tried to have a VBA2C and if they were successful.

Thanks in advance,
    Angie
    (Dec 2006) (May 2007) (April 2008) (June 2009) (Oct 2010)
    Praying for a little to complete our family.
    Utrasound at 18w5d says we are expecting our first daughter!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, me!!!! I had my VBA2C in December & had to stand my ground with my consultant. Once he realised that I'd done my homework, he supported me & even delivered ds3 with forceps as he was back-to-back. He did his utmost to ensure that I didn't have another c-section! It still gives me a thrill of pride now to think of what me & ds3 achieved together! The VBAC handbook is really good - I think that's what it's called - I got it from Amazon. I also used a hypnotherapy cd for VBAC's, the labour cd was not for me at all. I needed to listen to my internal voice, not someone irritatingly wittering on through a cd! The UK-based VBAC Yahoo support group is ace too. You soon realise that a VBA2C isn't that strange, when there's ladies planning VBA3/4C!! That's all I can think of atm, but pm me if you want. I don't mind & would love to help you achieve something rather cool!

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ive had a vbac2 with also having a previous vag del in 2008, then section in 2010. & 2011 then last august a bag del again and went really well wasnt even 5 hrs from my waters breaking with nothing before to him being born if you have support from drs and midwives and you feel right to you the drs in labour will keep up with things and they know when things arent right do what you feel right xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Btw if you're in the UK you DO NOT need to accept a referral to a consultant at all. I don't think I'd bother next time around - I want a HBAC next! You do not need to ask permission for anything, they have to get your permission even though many make it feel like you need to ask. I was a stubborn pain in the arse & told one midwife while I was in labour that the machine she was using to monitor ds3 was overdue a service. She was trying to say that it didn't look good for us as she couldn't get a good trace of ds3 - it was purely down to his position. Anyway I saw the service due sticker, pointed it out to her & she stormed off never to be seen again! Stupid woman All I can say is be a well-informed, stubborn pain in the arse & you're in with a bloody good chance!

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I'm on my phone & just went into your profile. I see you're in Ontario - lucky you! Beautiful part of the world

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not sure I am following?? Are the midwives not willing to do the VBA2C even if an OB is consulted? Is there a reason why you don't want to see an OB? Maybe I am misunderstanding??
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm hoping to do a VBA2C with my next. I want a midwife and possibly home birth. I just read Ina Mays Guide to Childbirth and it was AMAZING
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not against having an OB, I just figured if anyone would be open to the idea of a VBA2C, it would be a midwife, but they won't come near me, apparently.

My last OB was very happy that I was willing to do a RCS and the OB who delivered my first told me he'd let me try a VBAC, but not try as hard as the first time. For the most part, OB's (and midwives) in my area are not willing to "take the risk".

The nurses at the hospital asked me when I was in labour with DS2 if I wanted to have a go vaginally, but STUPID me said no. I was told when I was 35 weeks he was already 10 pounds and that freaked me out thinking I had a 12 pound baby in there (10 pounds at 35 weeks plus 1/2 a pound per week....). He was only 9.7 when he was born. I regret the decision I made, but what's done is done.

I really hope that if I'm lucky enough to get pregnant I am brave enough to fight for a VBA2C. I figure, if I show up at the hospital in late labour they can't turn me away, right???

Anyway, thanks for the responses. It's nice to see it CAN happen. I'll have to get the Guide to Childbirth book! Thanks for the suggestion.

And, yes, Ontario Canada is a lovely place to live
    Angie
    (Dec 2006) (May 2007) (April 2008) (June 2009) (Oct 2010)
    Praying for a little to complete our family.
    Utrasound at 18w5d says we are expecting our first daughter!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not sure how things work in Canada. I haven't seen anyone except for an OB so I really don't know how exactly how the two differ. I am thinking midwives wouldn't be properly equipped to handle the type of emergency situations that a VBA2C could bring. Not sure how it is in Canada but here in the US doctors don't want to have that kind of liability. I think you are very brave to consider it and hope it is everything you are hoping it will be!!
    Last edited by WantingPink; May 10th, 2014 at 11:58 PM.
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a VBAC with DD3. (DD1 was vaginal; DD2 was breech) While 2 c-sections is more wear and tear on the body than 1, I would think it was pretty much the same risks...less reason for the midwives to freak out.

I had DD3 overseas in a US military hospital. They were hysterical that I wanted to do a VBAC and I had many friends think I was nuts for even trying. Come on people...I had DD1 naturally, I knew I could do it!

My point being that you have to decide what works for you and stand your ground. Its your body carrying your baby (soon!) and no one knows what is best for you better than you!

My Gender Dreaming

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast