Page 21 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats Kitkat!! So glad you can officially join us :-) No dating scan for us. Our doc doesn't even do anything to confirm pregnancy until the NT scan at 12 weeks, which I thought was sort of strange.

People can be so rude! How dare they comment like that...you are obviously overjoyed to be having this baby, so they need to just shut it. I love seeing all the big families on here :-) I always wanted 3 or 4 kiddos, but hubby is dead set on 2 only, and I suppose there is compromise in marriage, so we will likely stop at 2. I'm more okay with that now though, but there are times that I get a little sad about it still. He has good reasoning, and for our situation it makes sense, but I always loved having a large family growing up, and so it sort of stinks my kids won't get that.
    DD Lyra Lucile born 5/25/2011

Hoping for a BFP on 6/22/2014!

Confirmed BOY!! Thank you Atomic and GD.com!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I cannot believe the rudeness of some people!! Why does anyone think they have the right to opine, in a rude/intrusive/interfering way about other peoples family sizes!!

We have only told a few family members and friends who have been very happy for us. I would have preferred to tell less people as it's so early but DH can't keep quiet. I am showing too (am only 7 weeks...started showing a bit at 8 weeks last time) so it won't be long until my colleagues guess. Hopefully they will be too polite to say anything until I'm ready!! But I might have to tell my boss because I'm finding functioning a bit difficult at the mo!! One good thing is that my boobs are fuller yay!

As for dating scan, we are offered a dating scan at 12 weeks on nhs and I have also arranged a private scan next week because I can't wait....

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People can be so rude! I am telling people who I know will be rude either via text message or Facebook so I don't have to stress about their reactions. I have only told 4 people who I knew would be super happy for me...all friends and not family lol.

I have my dating scan in a little over 2 weeks at 8 weeks, can't wait. Have booked my Harmony test at 10 weeks and NT Scan at 13 weeks. Gonna see this little baby a lot over the next few months which is great! The place I am going to uses 3D/4D for all u/s's even the one at 8 weeks. The tech there is very into the nub theory and gives guesses at your NT scan. You also get a disk of all the pics each time.

No morning sickness yet but I am exhausted and my boobs are getting fuller and tender. I'm a POAS addict so still testing every few days and that line is getting darker every time so feel pretty good about it. It's 2 or 3 times darker than the control line now. It's going fast...but slow at the same time!
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I had a dating scan with all mine, never 100% sure of dates as usually conceive with first PPAF

Interesting about Ramzis, had abdominal ultrasounds with all. Can't find #1 DDs scan, but #2 & # 3 DS1 & DS2 were both right &
    the tech did say last week bubs was developing on the left? But not holding to much faith in the theory x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey guys thanks for sharing regarding dating scans!
    People are so rude, im a little worried about telling people and hearing their comments. Is everyone finding out gender? Xx
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay just told my bestie, and of course gender came up and whether i will be finding out etc, I kind of ended up blabbing on!!
    I wish gender didn't have to cone up quite so early. Have to tell a big group of friends as we are all going to Sydney any good suggestions of how to handle will you be finding out the gender? question.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You could say "oh, I dunno. Haven't thought about it. We just want a happy, healthy bub and gender isn't something were concerned about" 😕
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good one Mum!! How are you doing??
    Xx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Literally everyone who knows has asked me if we will find out the gender. And I have told the truth, that I like the idea of a surprise but I am not sure whether I will be able to wait. So I will decide at the time of the scan whether I want to know or not.

I know myself and I will likely want to know but at the same time, I am keeping it in reserve so that if I do find out and its a boy I can then decide whether to tell people I know, or lie and say I am leaving it as a surprise. Just to defect anyone feeling sorry for me or whatever, which I dont want.

Given how much I am showing already it probably is another big boy growing in there!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh on the subject of panorama tests, they are available privately in the UK but cost £500 so I will be skipping that, way too expensive!! They do the NT stuff at the 12 week scan.

Page 21 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast