Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Steph!! Probably at its worst now.... Love your announcement where you going on hols? Xx
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Going to halkidiki in Greece.

Just had the scan and measuring 11w1, so just too small to do the nuchal test. So I have to come back on 18th. What a shame

Anyway here is a pic from today
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awww what a little cutie!!!
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ccuuuttee baby Steph have an amazing time !!! Jealous xxx p.s stoked you got that later scan too
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Steph, thats a cuty over there :-)
    I'm happy for you.
    Go get some fun before the baby is comming :-)

What the doctor said? It's a she, right??

My doctor told me at 10 weeks and my best friend also got her baby sex at 10 weeks..wife of my brother also at 10 weeks....Of course they all confirm at 15 but they seemed pretty sure at 10 and thats how it was.
    My family puzzle is complete now 💕
    Thank you Atomic! 😍

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow that's early - I won't get that opportunity until 20 weeks unless I pay big bucks! They did look between the legs and said "look there are two legs" and I couldn't see anything between the legs but I guess you wouldn't see anything this early? I'm not sure but I didn't see any "bits"

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have any more pictures, just email me those. Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow will see my expert doctor and will ask him to take a look for you.
    He is really good.
    You have 11 weeks right?

But why you need to pay money so they can tell you the baby sex before?
    I dont understand why you can only go at 20 weeks and not before...I can go every week if I want...so different..
    Thank you Atomic! 😍

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    MyByC, where do you live? Here in the US, insurance will only pay for a scan at 12 weeks for NC and then at 20 weeks for the anatomy scan, where they will then also tell you your gender. They will do more if you're high risk, but for a normal pregnancy, that's all you get. Of course there are tons of private places that you can go to and pay. We did an early gender scan at 14 weeks with a private place and was charged $100, but she also did a full anatomy scan while she was looking, which is nice because it gave us a bit of peace of mind. The woman who did ours is from the UK and said they are a bit ahead of the US in this department and that she doesn't understand why they won't do gender here at the NC scan, as all the info is there for them to be able to if they wanted. Strange.

Stefk - I see you're in the UK, so it may be different over there, but one thing I found is that here in the US, almost all cheeses have been pasteurized, even bleu and brie, etc. The real risk is from eating unpasteurized cheese, so as ong as it has been, you can eat it, no matter the kind! Here in the US, you have to go to a pretty fancy place to get it unpasteurized as almost all grocery stores and main ****** restaurants only serve pasteurized foods. I didn't know that when I was pregnant with my daughter and gave up some of my favorite foods, but am so happy I don't have to this time :-)

Kitkat, they say your hcg levels are at their highest at 9 weeks, and some theories think that's one of the main causes for MS, so hopefully once you make it through week 9, it will get better for you! I felt that was mostly accurate. I would still have moments here and there in later weeks where it was bad, but for the most part, I felt better overall after about week 10. Good luck!!
    DD Lyra Lucile born 5/25/2011

Hoping for a BFP on 6/22/2014!

Confirmed BOY!! Thank you Atomic and GD.com!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ooh crazycat great point on the cheese. I will check whether the ones on sale are pasturised and you are probably right, as a safety point, they probably are.

regarding the scans, in the UK we only get one at around 12 weeks for nuchal testing and one at 20 weeks to check for abnormalities, check the heart, etc etc. The purpose of the 20 week scan isnt to find out the gender and some hospitals wont tell you but I think a lot of them do if you ask. If you want to pay privately some go as early as 14 weeks. Otherwise there is the harmony test from 10 weeks and that is £500. I am not really able to pay these prices so I can wait.

MyByC - I only paid for one photo today because I knew I would be coming back in 2 weeks. I would be really surprised if anyone could tell anything from todays photo but I suppose there are experts out there that can - its amazing that you can go every week by the way!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Crazycatcouple, I live in Romania and I do have an insurrance(which most people not have in here) but at a private clinic and I can go as often as I want.
    I heard that even for ovulation doctors dont even want to hear in some other countries but here yes, they do and they help.
    I do believe it is important to have a scan at least once/month since there are so many things we miss these days. A friend lost her baby at 12 weeks and she didnt felt anything..no blood, nothing! She went for blood analyse in hospital and meet the doctor on corridor and he said "if you are still here, let's see how baby is doing. I'm free for 5 minutes"....the baby didnt had a heartbeat since 10 weeks...if she would have stayed a few more days, probably she had a intern hemoragy and die...It was bad luck for her to misscariege but also a luck that she meat the doctor ........so I think the system outside is crazy!
    Another sad story with a friend this year...she went for natural birth at 39 years old...she waited for last moment..39 weeks came, 40 weeks came...and the water broke...she called her doctor(not a private place) and he said she should go when she has contractions from 10 to 10 min.....and she listend...but when she got to hospital, the baby was dead...got strangled with 2 hours before....SOOOO SAD!
    That is because the system is bad.
    I do believe from 10 to 20 weeks it's a long distance and doctors dont act proper.
    I would pay for a scan if it would not be included in my insurrance, to be honest.

Steph, you payed for the pictures as well? Can I ask how much?
    Omg, what a system. At my boy, I could get as many as I wanted at each scan.
    Thats so weird.
    Not sure how to make this picture bigger. I will try to show my doctor but I dont know. And yes, here most doctors tell you at 10-11 weeks if it's a boy or girl.
    I thought outside it's even more advanced but I guess not...
    Thank you Atomic! 😍

Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast