Thread: FR question

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

FR question

If my DH releases everyday for 2-3 months would that lower sperm count or encourage the swimmers to up their production? If he misses a day here and there, but releases the next 2 days 2/3 times than goes back to once a day would that put him back on track or would there be slightly more swimmers again?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting questions, I hope someone can help? xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't answer your question because we do not have the data to do so. I personally do not think that any frequency pattern has gotten the results to justify their existence and honestly do not seem to be helping at all anyway. It was something we tried to see if it worked and it didn't seem to.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So it was thought low sperm count swayed girl, but now it is showing not to have an affect at all?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorepink View Post
    So it was thought low sperm count swayed girl, but now it is showing not to have an affect at all?
    WE do still think low sperm count sways pink (and there's quite a good body of data backing that up) BUT the frequency patterns of abstain, FR, etc are not getting the results we'd like to see to justify their continued use.

Low sperm count from lots of other, environmental things have been well documented to sway pink, but frequency patterns are not cutting the mustard.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank You atomic for clarifying that for me. So when IG says after 4 days of abstening the sperm count is at it's highest and releasing everyday will lower it that is not true? At least not that we have seen? So if this dosen't work, what are other ways to lower it? Sorry if I'm clueless. Alot to learn compared to the IG ways.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that is true, after 4 days of "abstain" the sperm count is at its highest. This has been shown in studies. But the point is, the long periods of abstain and the long periods of daily release are NOT reliably SWAYING. they may lower sperm count but they do not appear to be helping people get their girls at the end of it. And they really, really reduce odds of conception and husbands also really hate them (and don't underestimate the "husband happiness" factor!!) So you are making TTC take longer and making your husband get really annoyed with swaying, for something that is doing NOTHING for your sway.

What IS working is the one attempt. the one attempt is getting 70% success rate for us and this number has stayed at that level over time (meaning that it probably is actually doing something consistent that we can rely upon) So, our thinking is for you guys to have your husband do regular release every 2-4 days (or BD unprotected every 4 days) because this will help make enough nice healthy sperm for you to be able to get easily pregnant with one attempt.

Short version - one attempt works, frequency doesn't work and lowers odds of conception. Drop frequency, keep one attempt.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this is old, but had alot going on this past year. Finally back to gathering data business. How does bd every 4 days unprotected equal one attempt?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No I like to keep the old threads going, makes fewer and more informative threads for everyone. Welcome back.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because the sperm from the previous attempt will typically be all dead and gone by the time O rolls around, it ends up being an average of one attempt. Example, if a person had an attempt on O-6, the environment in the VJ would be so hostile that all sperm would quickly die, then an attempt on O-2 would have a chance at the egg and would be one functional attempt.

Worst case scenario is O-3 and O day, but most of the sperm from O-3 would be dead OR would have fertilized an egg, if still alive, by the time the O day attempt comes along.

I personally like to see you guys give it a good try with one attempt at pos OPK before switching to every 4 days.