Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for sharing this
    18132: @ 8wks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My friend sent me that when she found out she was expecting #4 and I loved it. (She didn't know we were expecting #4 a few weeks ahead of her! Lol).

I plan to have LOTS of fun with announcing #4 to the world. Because not only have we made NO secret of the fact that we want a big family. But also because I want it to be joyful. We got great joy out of planning and conceiving each one of our children. And while people may think "oh, she must be done, she has two of the same and then got the opposite for her third," we never actually intended to be done at three. And, frankly, aren't really planning to be done at four either

I think, in lots of ways, I am even more excited the more children we have because it is such an amazing thing, how vastly different each of my children are and thinking of all the different combinations we could get next. Not only in looks but in personality and likes/dislikes. It's like the ultimate Christmas present that you didn't know to ask for, but turns out to be exactly what you wanted/needed.

In truth, I feel kinda bad for people who react negatively to big families. Only because I tend to think they must really not enjoy childbearing/rearing. And while I certainly understand that finances and emotional support aspects are hugely important in deciding ones family size...and I have ultimate respect for those who know their limits and choose to stop, I can't rationalize anything but that those who make negative comments about large families clearly don't get joy out of children. It's one thing to be thrilled for others and know its not your path or that your family is complete with 1-2-3 children. It's quite another to ridicule a family who IS capable of providing both emotionally and physically for more children and thinking its perfectly fine to ask demeaning questions. (But, I kinda feel this is true no matter family size. I get irritated when people ask my cousin, who is one-and-done about her not having another. They picked ONE. Leave it be!!)
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I loved it too!

My Gender Dreaming

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have never really understood people's negativity towards larger families either. I adore my 3 boys, which is probably why I want another child. A girl would be nice, but it really is a win win situation

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My only regret in life has been to not have a heart to heart with my hubby early on about kids. It was this sudden bomb thst he dropped after we got married that he wanted NONE.

I always wanted a biiig family. .like 4+...so justto save our marriage and sanity, we botb compromised and settled on 2
    5 Year old DS - The most amazing kiddo ever!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you never know though even if you HAD the talk - my husband knew I wanted a big family and agreed to 5 before we were married and then reniged on the deal. It turned out he decided he does not like kids. Well, I understand he did not know that going in, but a bit late now. Luckily I was able to still make my 5 happen but he does do a lot of whingeing and whining about how much he dislikes having kids.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When my eldest two were tiny, my Nan told me that every child makes you poorer & in the same breath that a son is a son until he takes a wife blah blah blah. This was right when I was in the midst of bad GD & my Nan had a pigeon pair just to add insult to injury. She was never particularly close to my Dad & but never forgave him for moving away to my Mum's town to get married. I'm glad she's not around to comment on my life anymore
    I don't know why my Dad is so against big families but he is & has said to me a few times that the best present I could get for DH is the snip. That really hurts when he's said that especially when DH was finished at number two. Thankfully DH isn't keen on getting the snip & I told him if he did without my agreement he needn't have bothered 'cause it would be for nothing. I've always dreamed of a large family 4+ but really expected to have had a dd by now.
    Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Dreamofpink; September 11th, 2014 at 01:56 PM.
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Like atomic we had the talk and DH wanted 4 kids.....until we had one! Then he didn't want another. Months of fighting and a 6 month separation years and years ago and i finally got my family. He gave up complaining after number 3.
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I sensed a weird sense of relief after reading your response. I've always felt a 'burden' for making hubby meet me half way though I know he wouldn't have it any other way now
    5 Year old DS - The most amazing kiddo ever!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast