Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know why people say what they say. I think they are wrong. THe human body knows how to get and stay pregnant pretty darn well on its own with no additional help. OTherwise there would not be 8 billion human beings on the planet right now.

The studies have been done on prog. supplements and show NO difference in outcome with and without progesterone supplements. All progesterone supplements do is sustain pregnancies that are destined to end because there was something wrong with the baby. Healthy pregnancies make all the progesterone they need to sustain themselves.

IVF pregnancies are given progesterone supplemnets because they are artificial and the body does not respond the same as it does when it conceives naturally. Believe it or not, though, studies in IVF pregnancies have ALSO found no benefit to using progesterone. They continue doing it, but it has not been shown to help EVEN in IVF pregnancies.

IN a missed miscarriage, that is exactly what happened. Your body was actually SO good at making progesterone that it kept right on doing it even when the baby wasn't developing at all. When a miscarriage occurs, that's how it happens, your body gets the signal to stop making progesterone and then the pregnancy comes to an end.

I see absolutely no reason why progesterone would be medically indicated for you. I do think you may benefit from additional testing on your thyroid and the most common causes of repeat miscarriages, if you can find someone to do those things. I understand the temptation to want to "try something new" but you have to be very careful that you do the right things that will actually help (otherwise you will just have another miscarriage if there is something that needs to be treated) and above all avoid doing things that may HURT (such as taking tons of herbs)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I don't know why people say what they say. I think they are wrong. THe human body knows how to get and stay pregnant pretty darn well on its own with no additional help. OTherwise there would not be 8 billion human beings on the planet right now.

The studies have been done on prog. supplements and show NO difference in outcome with and without progesterone supplements. All progesterone supplements do is sustain pregnancies that are destined to end because there was something wrong with the baby. Healthy pregnancies make all the progesterone they need to sustain themselves.

IVF pregnancies are given progesterone supplemnets because they are artificial and the body does not respond the same as it does when it conceives naturally. Believe it or not, though, studies in IVF pregnancies have ALSO found no benefit to using progesterone. They continue doing it, but it has not been shown to help EVEN in IVF pregnancies.

IN a missed miscarriage, that is exactly what happened. Your body was actually SO good at making progesterone that it kept right on doing it even when the baby wasn't developing at all. When a miscarriage occurs, that's how it happens, your body gets the signal to stop making progesterone and then the pregnancy comes to an end.

I see absolutely no reason why progesterone would be medically indicated for you. I do think you may benefit from additional testing on your thyroid and the most common causes of repeat miscarriages, if you can find someone to do those things. I understand the temptation to want to "try something new" but you have to be very careful that you do the right things that will actually help (otherwise you will just have another miscarriage if there is something that needs to be treated) and above all avoid doing things that may HURT (such as taking tons of herbs)
    Thanks! This information was so good to read. I'm not that stressed about progesterone anymore.
    -Just one thing, corpus luteum hormones ans progesterone is exactly the same thing? Or is it two different hormones?

Actually i had my TSH tested in 2013 and now i'm eating medicine. My TSH-level was just a little too high, (2,9) and i needed to be a pain in the .... to get medicine at all in the first place. When my TSH was 0,5 we had our daughter!
    2012 @5w
    2012 @10w

2014 @10w
    2014 @5w

2019 @7w
    2019 CP
    2019 @5w

~Sweden~

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3dd028

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The corpus luteum secretes progesterone.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12