Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Need clarification - Gender swaying - Time of intercourse

Hi all, we have a beautiful 14mo girl and are now trying for a 2nd child. We would like to try to sway it towards a boy. My wife is doing fertility treatment and taking the HCG trigger shot today! Since we know that she should be ovulating around 36 hours after the shot, should we avoid having intercourse today and do it tomorrow night so it's closer to ovulation? Tomorrow night would be 24h after shot.

Important note: We might have messed up the boy swaying already because we have intercouse 2 days ago, which would mean about 3 days from ovulation, potentially swtaying towards girl.

What would you do now? Have sex tonight, tomorrow morning or tomorrow night?

One more question. rear-entry sex is supposed to help sway boy as well as when the woman orgasms. No so easy for my wife to orgasm through rear-entry, so what should I prioritize if can only pick one?

And is it for her to orgasm at the same time as me, or right before I do?

Thanks so much

PS: We will love a girl equaly, but would like a boy

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Try both or add another. More attemps sway boy. One sways girl. Its not timing that sways.

And just have fun.
    Mom to

THX Atomic and gender dreaming forum/members. For your knowledge and support to make our dream come true and family complete!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you are over thinking it. It's going to be some very clinical sex it you attempt all this big O stuff! Agree with sweetdream though. Aim for 3 or 4 attempts in the next 36 hours and have some fun
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, thanks for the answers.

Its not timing that sways.
    From what I read, timing is the main factor in swaying. The closer to ovulation more Ys will survive and sways boys.

I am afraid if we do it tonight, by the time she ovulates it would be 36 hours after intercourse. I believe the Shettles' guideline is to not do it before 24h to ovulation.

Aim for 3 or 4 attempts in the next 36 hours and have some fun
    Although this can be fun, many intercourses doesn't increase chances of conception. Our doctor actually told us that for conception we should do it tonight and tomorrow night. But this is unrelated to gender swaying, the doctor won't give any advice on this. Today and tomorrow is for trying to conceive.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DW can orgasm first if easier it can be whatever suits, BD every 2 days is good boy frequency so your BD 2 days ago is great 3 attempts in the fertile window is recommended.
    missionary position with her legs up on your shoulders might be a better position for your DW and a good position for blue.

Do just have fun try not to make it too clinical as another poster has said - just enjoy and good luck!!
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are not many believers in the shettles method here I'm afraid so most of what we say will contradict his theory. I've not swayed but based on what I've learnt from this forum, the more attempts you have, the more likely you are to get a boy. Orgasm is said to 'pull sperm up' and could possibly affect the acidity of cervical mucus I think, this is why it should be avoided when swaying for girl. If swaying for boy I guess orgasming before during and after could all help!

And aren't you a great hubby doing all this research :-)
    1st Marriage 1999 2002
    2nd Marriage 2008 2011
    #1 Dogus N Cyprus BFN
    HT July -Aug 2015 - Too beautiful for this world
    Sep 2015 FET at Clinic R CZ BFN
    Due July 2016 with a rainbow natural conception

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BD every 2 days is good boy frequency so your BD 2 days ago is great 3 attempts in the fertile window is recommended.
    Hey TrueBlue, thanks. Do you have a lot of experience with this?

In regards to the above statement, doesn't it really depend on the ovulation cycle? Every 2 days might might be a good guideline if one doesn't know actual ovulation timing. In our case, trigger is tonight, very likely ovulation is in 36 hours, possibly in 24 hours. The window is actually very small to conceive to do it 3 times. Shettles method says to not try more than 12 hours after ovulation. I believe it's all related to the internal environment as far as making it easier (more likely) for Ys to conceive.

Main decision today is if we do it tonight (possibly 36 hours before ovulation), tomorrow morning (possibly 24h before) or tomorrow night. And/Or as well. I guess we could do it tomorrow morning and evening.

Thanks

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are not many believers in the shettles method here
    So what method are most of you guys into?

And aren't you a great hubby doing all this research :-)
    Ha, yes I am usually the researcher! In this case, I guess I care more about having a boy than she does.

I am glad I can come here and talk about gender swaying, as compared to the "warm" reception I received at thebump.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To be very blunt, we don't believe in Shettles around here. Many of us, myself included, have a Shettles opposite.

Atomic Sagebrush, the swaying guru of Gender Dreaming, has written several essays that debunk things like timing, pH, etc.

The basics of the Gender Dreaming theory for a boy are BD every 2-4 days from AF to Ovulation and then 3+ attempts in the fertile window, preseed is recommended if extra lube is needed. This method, along with the HE diet and several key supplements are what has gotten a lot of members of Gender Dreaming they boy they were hoping for.

Here is a link to the complete index. I realized you are under a time crunch, but if it doesn't work out this month maybe this will help for your next attempt.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ete-index.html
    Last edited by Adia; October 28th, 2014 at 07:40 PM.

My Gender Dreaming

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very interesting. Thanks for this. I posted my question here as it was the only gender swaying forum I found. But it's an interesting method. Seems like it's mostly around increasing fertility to sway blue. I wonder how this would work for some with natural fertility problems and that can only get fertile with treatment. I would assume my wife is very fertile right now with all the meds. She does have a folicle verified by ultrasound that is within size range to grow and release after the trigger shot tonight. Last time around she was eating actually a lot of these foods, and she doesn't drink much alcohol or caffeine, or sweeteners but we got a girl.

I guess I will try to have sex tomorrow morning, as well as tomorrow night and thursday night?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast