Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

saliva ovulation predictor/microscope

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have 2 gorgeous DD, not trying for a prince to complete the family. I have been temping for last few cycles, but I never get a temp spike ( I do get my periods). Does that mean I don't ovulate? Last month I used cheapie OPK and but could never tell when the colours became darker than the control. Will use clearblue this month as we are actively trying to TTC. DD1 was a surprise baby, DD2 we conceived on the 2nd month naturally. But I am feeling worried that maybe I am not ovulating. DD2 is nearly 5 now and I have never been on BCP and I am only 29 (used barrier contraception method). Why no ovulation? I have to wake up at 5 am to go to work, that's when I do the temp, could this be a reason why it doesn't work for me? I do use a special BBT thermometer.

I am thinking of buying a saliva microscope but wanted to ask you ladies if it is worth investing. What do you think? My cycles range from 29-33 days so I am not sure exactly when I ovulate.

Many thanks for your advice.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Could you post your charts or link to them? I have been charting for 13 years, maybe your temp shift is just subtle. Do you temp orally or vaginally? If you are getting regular periods you are almost definitely Oing. Temping doesn't work for everyone.

What brand cheap OPKs did you use? What CDs did you test on and at what time of day? I do think CB digitals are worth trying and I'd also suggest the CB fertility monitor (not the CB Advanced Detector OPK). I have issues with OPKs (they don't get positive usually though I do O and have temp shifts), but the CBFM works very well for me.

I don't recommend the saliva scopes. I used one for a year and it was unreliable and inaccurate, and did not help me determine O in advance. And based on seeing the charts of others who use scopes, they rarely seem to work well for anyone.

Since you want a boy, I'd recommend just BDing every 1-2 days from CD8-CD25. At the very least BD every other day and whenever you can BD every day. That is ideal for sperm health and a strong blue sway, and you don't need to know when you're Oing.
    Last edited by maidentomother; November 27th, 2014 at 09:29 AM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Could you post your charts or link to them? I have been charting for 13 years, maybe your temp shift is just subtle. Do you temp orally or vaginally? If you are getting regular periods you are almost definitely Oing. Temping doesn't work for everyone.

What brand cheap OPKs did you use? What CDs did you test on and at what time of day? I do think CB digitals are worth trying and I'd also suggest the CB fertility monitor (not the CB Advanced Detector OPK). I have issues with OPKs (they don't get positive usually though I do O and have temp shifts), but the CBFM works very well for me.

I don't recommend the saliva scopes. I used one for a year and it was unreliable and inaccurate, and did not help me determine O in advance. And based on seeing the charts of others who use scopes, they rarely seem to work well for anyone.

Since you want a boy, I'd recommend just BDing every 1-2 days from CD8-CD25. At the very least BD every other day and whenever you can BD every day. That is ideal for sperm health and a strong blue sway, and you don't need to know when you're Oing.
    Thank you for your review on saliva scopes. I thought bdt everyday or every ither day was for a girl sway. For a boy sway you are supposed to do it as close to ovulation as possible. Am I missing something? Can someone please clarify

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're thinking of Shettles and outdated swaying approaches which have since been completely debunked. We do things differently here and everything is science & research based. Timing doesn't sway at all; what sways is how much you BD in your fertile period (the 3 days before O and day of O itself). BDing just once in these 4 days sways pink, while BDing 2- 3x sways blue. So pink swayers need to know when they O but not blue.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have seen a lot of confusion with the saliva scopes and do not recommend them.

If you are having a regular cycle the odds are all but 100% that you are ovulating. Many people don't get reliable temps (I never do either because I wake up a lot in the night).

Since you want a boy, I would advise simply not worrying about when you are ovulating and try a variation of SMEP Sperm Meets Egg Plan YOu can BD every 1-2 days and then any time you see EWCM, have an attempt daily.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Shettles timing doesn't work and has been 100% debunked. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

We are getting great results with BD every 1-2 days or so and then 3-5 attempts in the fertile window. We get 70% for PINK with one attempt and I strongly suggest anyone who wants a boy, do NOT do Shettles!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! 😊
    Saliva microscope it's a lie!
    ClearBlue can give false result. I just experienced this month and I would not recommand. Maybe try the Wpao stripes or 2 different brands stripes in the same time. But since you want a boy, then just do it every day starting your 7-8 day of cycle and continue up to 25...How many days your cycle has?
    When I conceived my son, I was doing it every day but I think my diet has really influenced the gender...
    Good luck!!!
    My family puzzle is complete now 💕
    Thank you Atomic! 😍

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My temp changes were only 1-3 degrees. I too did not have a period but I definitely did ovulate. It took about 3 months for me to full pregnant with number 3 which doesn't sound like a long time but it was a surprise as I had no periods and thought I wasn't ovulating either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk