Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all the replies.

I have been tested for everything under the sun. No genetic stuff or anything.

I do have known magnesium, folic acid, b12, b 6 and general b deficiencies.

My thyroid is suspect, but the dr keeps saying it looks fine (but I can't lose weight no matter how hard I try) also, in my country they only test T4, not T3 so it gives a very foggy picture.

Not sure how we will handle it, I think there is no point trying to sway. If I can get pregnant at all it will be a miracle, and I have NO chance of a girl if I can't have a baby so not much point trying to sway at all.

Thanks ladies
    My Ovulation Chart
    : March 3, 2016 baby girl @ 17w to EColi January 7, 2017 baby girl @ 15w to placental abruption
    TTC our dream baby and praying for a safe pregnancy with a take home baby in my arms

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely agree you should get a thorough thyroid panel done, including testing for Hashimoto's antibodies. Do you know the latest TSH & T4 numbers?

I would personally take reasonable (no more than 100% RDA for sure) of all the B vitamins, high dose folate, not foluc acid(1000mg twicd daily), and I don't think magnesium sways so any safe amount of that is fine, IMO. I wouldn't take a multivitamin or prenatal, myself.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All that being the case, just stick with one attempt. If you can only do one thing for swaying DO THAT. It's perfectly safe and may really help.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi SweetLily!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your m/c's, that must have been so hard on you.

Can you get in with an RE? I know that fertility clinics run those the thyroid tests right off the bat usually, plus a gamut of other tests, so that they can start eliminating possibilities.

Is it girl or nothing this time around?
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    we really want a girl, and will try no matter what. but something keeps going wrong--its not age related, the mcs started when i just turned 33. I've always been super fertile, but i get a bfp and 3 days later they are bfn. im on progesterone and estrogen so its not that. we have not been ttc but i admit i am not as sticky on the bc because they all die anyway. i just dont understand. its a shame when youve had so many you dont even grieve anymore.

thanks for all the thoughts. we cant get a girl if we cant stay pregnant so i have decided not to sway when dh gives the go-ahead. no point.

hugs
    My Ovulation Chart
    : March 3, 2016 baby girl @ 17w to EColi January 7, 2017 baby girl @ 15w to placental abruption
    TTC our dream baby and praying for a safe pregnancy with a take home baby in my arms

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation update

So I went to the dr for a full round of bloodwork, but I have decided to make an appointment at the fertility clinic in my old city. I'm still a patient there and its the largest/closest fertility clinic...maybe they can redo a bunch of tests and get to the bottom of this.

The dr here is checking my b 12 to see if the deficiency requires shots or if its ok to stay on supplements, as well a host of other things. Anyway...just wanted to update
    My Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with the others to check for thyroid (ask for a "full thyroid panel" including antibodies) and blood clotting issues.

Also, after my own loss 2 months ago and my research since, I'd ask them to test your ferritin levels and to do a MTHFR test. Both are simple blood tests.

I ended up having EXTREMELY low ferritin (iron stores) and tested positive for homozygous MTHFR c677t. Low ferritin can lead to infertility and low egg quality and thus increased risk of miscarriage. And having the MTHFR mutation can lead to increased blood clots and increased miscarriage risk (as well as repeat losses). With the mutation, I will probably need blood thinners (aspirin or lovenox) for any subsequent pregnancy (even though I've had 2 perfectly normal easy pregnancies in the past). For the low ferritin my doctor (endocrinologist) has me taking a high dose (300mg daily) of prescription iron. Low ferritin symptoms are pretty much identical to low thyroid symptoms. I thought I had a thyroid problem, which my mom does, but my full thyroid panel and thyroid ultrasound came out perfectly normal. My tests for B vitamins were wonky (my blood values were abnormally high), which got me on the track for asking for MTHFR testing. Taking folate and methly B12 are recommended for those with MTHFR mutations, as is a gluten free diet (you want to avoid foods with added folic acid) and baby aspirin/lovenox during pregnancy.

Google "MTHFR and miscarriage" for more info.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mthfr-- I've already been tested for this 3 years ago (this has been a long problem) and I don't have it. Can it suddenly develop?
    My Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLily View Post
    Mthfr-- I've already been tested for this 3 years ago (this has been a long problem) and I don't have it. Can it suddenly develop?
    No, it's a gene mutation so you're born with it. It has to be passed down from one or both parents.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What blood type are you? I was just wondering if they checked to see if there's an incompatibility issue.
    2009 2011 7/2016

Due in October with our baby girl!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12