Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kitbedit View Post
    I read somewhere if you take it during specific times it might have less chance of twins?
    Is that true?

I guess I might have to say I don't ovulate. I feel so bad about saying that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Supposedly if you take it CD 5-9 you have less chance for twins, but I have seen twins conceived on every possible combo of days and I no longer think this does much of anything.

If you do decide to stretch the truth, DO NOT go in asking for Clomid. Do not even MENTION the C word. Just go in and say one of the following things:

1) you have been trying for over a year and not getting pregnant
    2)you aren't ovulating and (this is very important) not getting AF regularly - like your cycles are 60-90 days in between periods
    3) your LP is really short, you're only going 8-10 days after ovulation before you get AF

They may still not give it to you. IF they don't offer it freely, do not throw a fit about it, simply say, thank you and leave because they will not give it to you EVER if they get any vibe that you are a Clomid troller. There are some women out there who are cray-cray for multiples and really after the Clomid so they can abuse it and take higher doses to get twins/triplets, and obviously that is frowned upon.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info Atomic.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was just about to post this very question. I wonder if you stretch the truth and say you don't ovulate, they would make you do further testing before they'd prescribe it? Or would they just take your word for it?
    (2010-2011) ... (2012) ... (2014) ... (2015)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic of the 3 options you mentioned anyone has more power?

How does a short luteal phase justify clomid?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonade View Post
    I was just about to post this very question. I wonder if you stretch the truth and say you don't ovulate, they would make you do further testing before they'd prescribe it? Or would they just take your word for it?
    The only option the doctor would really have would be to send you in for a monitored cycle, meaning ultrasounds. If they ask you why you think you aren't ovulating, say you've been charting and your cycles are all over the place. Like Atomic says, don't ask for Clomid, just ask for help.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonade View Post
    That is the stupid, silly thing about doctors and Clomid. Some of them hand it out like they're doling out TicTacs after dinner (at times in ways that are utterly irresponsible) and then others act they are guarding the royal jewels and refuse to give it to people who actually need it. No rhyme or reason to it, it's almost like they just do it on a whim and thus that is why I'm as willing to help people with it "under the table" as I am.

So, to answer your question, some of them will do testing (and that's ok, if they do the testing and you ovulate that month you can just be like "wow that's great, I'm so happy, that hadn't happened for months" LOL), others will refer you to an RE (and you do NOT need to go, just call and cancel the appointment and if anyone asks, which they hardly ever do, just say "we changed our mind and decided not to TTC), and then some of them are just like, "Here's a massive quantity of Clomid, good luck!" (and in that case, please check with me because quite a few people have gotten downright dangerous advice and dosing instructions from their actual medical doctors on the Clomid.)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kitbedit View Post
    Atomic of the 3 options you mentioned anyone has more power?

How does a short luteal phase justify clomid?

1)Can't answer that, would vary by individual doctor
    2)Clomid is the gold standard for extending a short LP. It is believed that because Clomid blocks production of estrogen, it frees up raw materials that then the body uses to make progesterone with and also it makes a good ovulation, good corpus luteum that then makes a lot of progesterone using those same raw materials.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic can you tell me if a short LP usually occurs with longer cycles or shorter ? Or it doesn't matter.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can't tell if you have a short LP based on cycle length, it can happen regardless. You'd need to temp for several cycles to know you had a chronically short LP, bc everyone can have a fluke month with a short LP now and then.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks maidentomother.
    I actually don't have a short LP.
    I'm using that as a reason to see if I can get clomid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast