Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP PLEASE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Nuthin. I'm so grateful for all of you helping me with this. Waking up this morning I feel strongly that I should get on the Atomic Fertility Diet and organise pretesting. Only then will we know our odds and I'll understand the process more too.
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

2. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
    Likes Adia, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to have a decision made, weezie X X

4. Thanks weeziewoozles thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks hon

TTC 2017 - BFP!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can I ask about the HT diet Atomic? It says avoid wheat, how about Rye and Spelt? And am I right that I'd need to eat either chicken, turkey or salmon every day (salmon only twice a week)? And if don't need to track anything?

TTC 2017 - BFP!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Hun, were you at dr potter's seminar last year? I was there (v heavily preggo) in the 2nd row

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum; that loss is massive and would rock me to the core. Please forgive me if it sounds insensitive but did your mum know about you desire for a girl? If she knew that she *could* 'give' you a girl, I'm sure she would be so pleased, as I'm sure her number 1 priority was your happiness, and if ht could do this for you, I'm sure she'd give it her blessing. I'm so sorry if any of this is hurtful after your loss, just my opinion as I HAVE told my mum my plans and she has been SO supportive; she told me she understands my desire for a girl as she had me.

If you can do this, I would! AGain, this may be absolutely the wrong thing to say (and I'll gladly edit any of this if it hurts you Hun, as that's the last thing I want) but there seems something so special about your mum's last gift to you being the chance to have her granddaughter....

Pm if you want Hun. Do the pretesting. If you are London way dr lower works with HRC. If you've lost weight and your bmi is in the healthy range that's ok. It would take a couple if months to get organised anyway and you could start taking your pre natals etc to help.

Good luck whatever you decide xxx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

8. Thanks weeziewoozles thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Kitty. We're you at the seminar with your mum? Thanks, I'll PM you for a chat. You're not being insensitive at all. I feel the same way. I know she'd want me to get my girl. I guess the worry is that it doesn't always work out, and often people do 2 or 3 cycles! I'll look up Dr Lower x

TTC 2017 - BFP!

10. Likes Kittybear liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was there with my hubbie and sitting next to another lady as well. I seem to remember the lady who was there with her mum. I think most of us were from GD

You have nothing to lose by having your pretesting done and booking a consult (apart from the costs incurred from these, obs!) and you still don't have to go down that path if you change your mind.

After my mum and me, there are no other girls in my family. That thought makes me so sad I come from a fantastic line of strong women and I hate to think of that just disappearing... If I did get a DD she would have my granny's name as her middle name. She past away a few years back (before ds1), and I like to think of her helping the little souls that have become my children to find me. I hope there is a little pink soul waiting with my granny for me to be her mum.

Pm me whenever you want Hun, and good luck for your decision xx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

12. Thanks weeziewoozles thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I don't necessarily agree with " easier" clientele. For ANY clinic that sees GS patients, they go into it with their odds slashed by 50% due to gender. That's HUGE. The fact that any clinic sees 60, 70% success with GS clients is huge. If we all got a transfer OR got to transfer the best embryos each time, could you imagine what our success rates would be as fertile women?!?
    I'm not talking about gender swaying, I'm talking about other fertility patients who may possibly be getting a hard sell for IVF when they could have probably gotten pg on their own without it. I have seen this happen time and again with clients where they go to an RE (not Potter) but at very prestigious clinics and are told they have NO chance of conceiving without IVF, that they're menopausal even, and then turn around and do just that within a few months. Something is amiss here because this is happening so often (1-3 times a month, just people who I am dealing with). There is seeming to be a disconnect between what fertility patients are being told by RE's and what reality is, IMVVVVHO. I think this skews the odds of success considerably if women who are actually fertile are being "convinced" they need IVF to conceive when they don't. I'm not saying Potter is doing this, just that I have suspicions that this may happen in some clinics - not deliberately, but just because to "the little kid with a hammer, everything is a nail in need of pounding" and couples who have the money to spare are oftentimes willing to dive right in.

Then in the meantime there are docs out there like Dr. Braverman who really do take on the hardest clients of all and I feel like they are unfairly penalized for doing so when we do a straight read of live birth success rates.

I think Dr. Potter is a great doc, HRC is a great clinic, don't get me wrong, I am just a bit skeptical as to why one clinic is "magically delicious" LOL when there are many great doctors out there with similar training and technology and it doesn't make sense to me that one of them is just that much better than the rest. I guess I'm cynical because I immediately suspect that there is probably some other factor coming into play, such as hundreds of women in SoCal with gobs of money to spend on fertility treatments, be they needed or not. Freely admitted that I could be wrong and in fact I hope that I am.

I feel like when we're talking about tens of thousands of dollars that might represent financial security for a family, I ~personally~ would want everyone to go into that with eyes wide open and underestimate their odds of success rather than overestimate them. Weezie paid me to give her straight talk as her swaying coach and my straight talk is that a 37 year old should not go into HT expecting 70% success rates ANYWHERE.

All that having been said, to reiterate what nuthin is saying - if you have a chance at HT that will not financially compromise your family, DO IT. Odds of success do not improve with time. But go in with eyes open and with a real expectation and hopefully planning for at least 2 cycles, 3 if you can. Most people with proven fertility do get pg with 3 cycles. Not all, but most.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; April 2nd, 2015 at 04:57 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

14. Thanks weeziewoozles thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by weeziewoozles View Post
    Can I ask about the HT diet Atomic? It says avoid wheat, how about Rye and Spelt? And am I right that I'd need to eat either chicken, turkey or salmon every day (salmon only twice a week)? And if don't need to track anything?
    Yes you also need to avoid the other grains and stick with rice. There is some pretty convincing research that the rice is best tolerated by the body in terms of fertility.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

16. Thanks weeziewoozles thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic. I'm grateful for your honesty. I agree that the HRC figures seem so high that there must be compounding factors. I guess I'm hoping I'd fall into the fertile group that would be highly likely to succeed. I amcurrently filling out the required info for HRC and trying to find out how much money we're inheriting. After that we shall see, I guess. X

TTC 2017 - BFP!

18. Likes Kittybear, atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123