Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP PLEASE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

HELP PLEASE!

Help lovely ladies. I'm in turmoil this morning. As some of you might know my mum recently passed away quite suddenly. I spent the evening with my stepdad last night and he mentioned that she had a few premium bonds that will now go to me and my brother. The short story is that we may get about £15,000 unexpectedly, which means that going to California for HT could now be a possibility! I'd always said I'd want to do it if we had the money, but now I'm scared of what it all involves and that I've been on LE for nine months of the last twelve, so may have reduced my fertility meaning would we be successful conceiving on HT or waste our money?! I need help thinking this through and don't have my Mum now to ask advice! We were probably going to attempt next cycle but now I don't know what to do.
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wow! How old are you? Is this for sure your last child? I'd probably go HT in your position, but kerp in mind it may take a few cycles which will cost more than £15,000.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Weezie - In your shoes I would go HT since it would be "free" (not hurt your family financially) and since you swayed your heart out before and got an opposite. I'm not sure how you feel about saving the money and possibly having 5 kids? If 4 is your absolute limit and you can afford HT I would try HT and then come back to swaying if necessary. Good luck with your decision, what a hard thing to wrap your head around especially in such a difficult time.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks lovelies. I'm 35 (will be 36 in July) and all three boys were successful first attempts so we're pretty fertile I guess. We'd always said we'd have four kids but when DS3 came along I started planting the idea of five with DH just in case. I'd love two girls you see as it'd balance our family more. Maybe I should do HT and ask them to put in two! I've never had anything medical done at all, my birthday were very natural, so I'm nervous of that side of it.

TTC 2017 - BFP!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd at least get pretesting done then! Remember natural fertility doesn't necessarily correlate to IVF success, though. I hope you get your twincesses!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

6. Thanks weeziewoozles thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. I'll start looking into it

TTC 2017 - BFP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd do HT in a heartbeat with an unexpected inheritance like that. So sorry for your loss though.

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

9. Thanks weeziewoozles thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gosh weezie I'm not sure what I would do, I think pre-testing would not hurt. TMI but are you financially okay? As others have said you might start on a road to potentially exceeding the 15,000 pounds could you take that on? If not I would save the money and sway naturally for free we really are seeing so much success and you have invested a lot of time in diet etc. Best of luck with a very hard decision!!! Xxx

11. Thanks weeziewoozles thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We are financially ok. Our only debt is our mortgage but it's quite chunky as we bought a big house for all the babies! It does feel like I'd be wasting all my efforts on the LE diet to give up now but I did a really strong sway for DS3 and failed (we think due to DTD more than once, as the data is showing clearly now that one attempt is best for pink) so feel I could fail again. The negatives of taking on HT in my mind are the risk of spending all that money (and maybe more) and getting nothing in return, the physiological and psychological effects on the body and the logistics of having to travel to the US with/without three small children! I'm going to organise that first free appointment with Dr Potter and see what we think after that I guess. It's so hard. Wish I had a crystal ball!

TTC 2017 - BFP!

13. Likes Dreamofpink liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Omg this would be a dream come true!!!! I would be tempted to bank it (and like lock it down for a year) and try your sway, and then do #5 HT. When were you going to make your sway attempt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

15. Thanks weeziewoozles thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast