Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This was actually a valid study. My friend showed it to me. Its like the people who eat breakfast kind of thing. They did find a correlation and a higher rate of boys in women who were offended by smells in the study. I wouldn't even bring it up if it was just some person saying it.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Further thoughts - this is one of those things that just sounds so sensible but when I stopped to think about it, the window of "harmful exposures to chemicals/microbes" that would differ between a boy vs girl baby would be so small that it would be absolutely impossible for the body to have evolved such a mechanism. If a chemical or microorganism is harmful, it's HARMFUL to all babies everywhere regardless of gender and your body would be "set" to avoid all of that. It wouldn't be able to make this complex mathematical equation wherein "Boys are X % more likely than girls to be permanently damaged by this, that, or the other thing and thus I must be X% more likely to avoid them in a male pregnancy"

Much MORE sensible is the idea that anything that could potentially be harmful to baby on board regardless of gender, we wanna avoid it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    This was actually a valid study. My friend showed it to me. Its like the people who eat breakfast kind of thing. They did find a correlation and a higher rate of boys in women who were offended by smells in the study. I wouldn't even bring it up if it was just some person saying it.

Is that directed at me? Sorry if I was short, my point is that when people navel gaze at their pregnancy symptoms there is simply too much individual variation and variation even between one person's individual pregnancies to reliably use it to predict gender. I use the shorthand of "symptoms don't predict gender" but that's really what I'm saying.

I have actually heard of the idea before and here's an article about it New gender predictor during pregnancy: How grossed out are you? - Parents - TODAY.com

I wonder if the OCD/anxiety issue has more relevance than any difference between what gender these gals were pg with - if they're more likely to be grossed out or even germaphobic to start with, they'd continue to be more likely to be grossed out even more so when pregnant and could this possibly help XY in some way??? Maybe. But I do not think the idea that women are ok eating 3 bites of toxic waste if pg with a girl, 2 bites if a boy idea the way they were making it sound holds water because it just seems more likely we'd be "set" to avoid toxic waste totally when pg (kind of hard to explain, hope this makes sense)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No i am not bothered at all. I just meant i didnt bring it up because i have hope or anything. ..just something i read that was a valid study and not me grasping. Lol. I dont believe the whole symptoms thing at all but just found this interesting and wondered if it holds any truth like they say. I may have had zero squeamishness this time but i still think its another boy.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12