Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would love a girl!

Hi. I have 4 boys and I am contemplating trying for a girl. I have a few questions, if anyone would like to take a stab at answering them!
    Firstly I'm 80kg and on the shorter side after having my last son and being on medication that can affect metabolism. Do I have to lose 25kg just to even consider swaying? Or is any weight loss going to be effective?
    Am I just made to have boys? The reason I ask is because I've been a vegetarian for 17 years, I don't eat high fat anything really and don't eat nutritionally well either... Not to mention, after having 2 boys with me, my now ex. Husband went on to have 2 girls with his new wife and I went on to have 2 more boys with my current husband.
    I haven't had decent sleep since number 3 and now number 4 wakes me often. (I'm always tired)
    I eat way too much sugar? (Maybe that's the issue).
    I struggle to lose weight. I seem to put on weight not lose it when actively trying.

Ugh I just don't know where to start or whether I should risk another pregnancy???

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome. I am sure you will get some great advise from the ladies on here. Just wanted to say goodluck and I hope you get your girl. I am nervous too if I decide to sway (want to do PGD but may be too expensive) but not because of me, because of my DP who has had 6 boys including our three!
    It's great when they all get together and I love boys but my heart yearns deeply to complete our family with a daughter
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was lighter on my last 2 pregnancies, but I have been losing weight since Christmas in order to prepare for this pregnancy. so fingers crossed its a girl this time. I've tried the shettles method also,I think this why it has taking me longer this time to get pregnant,I've been taking Sudafed and cranberry supplements and have also been following slimming world to lose weight.
    Hubbie 35yrs me 37yrs

12 years

6 years

Sadly MC at 8 weeks 6 days our angel got its wings

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies. Just wondering how about swaying, or if it's worth it. I would love to have a girl, but not sure how I'd feel having another boy.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you considered doing IVF with PGD so you can choose the gender of the embryo they put back?
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Natural swaying you have to be prepared to hear boy! There has been a lot of success with pink lately but there are no guarantees. If you are not ready for a potential 5th boy and you can financially make it HT might be for you! Best of luck with your decision. With regards to your other questions losing any weight will help, as long as you stick to LE diet its about maternal decline not about the total amount you lose (atomic correct me!!) I was a vegetarian for 15 years and conceived both boys with one attempt. However I followed LE pretty strictly and I'm almost 39 weeks with DD its about changing your lifestyle no snacking, skipping breakfast, mainly vege, 2 meals per day, tracking fat, calories and protein. Excersize could be a great option for you 6-7 days per week 60mins cardio is seeing great results. Good luck X

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cass I have 4 boys also, 2 with my ex, with my current. I'm planning my sway now. Let me quote Atomic, and some of the advocates on here by saying there is no magic bullet.... So welcome, and if you decide to give it a shot we're here for you.

Ps keep reading a little, especially about the LE diet, as kitkat says its a pretty big lifestyle change. I'm only going to be on it for 8 weeks before my attempt, but the optimum is 12 from what I understand. When were you thinking you'd be ttc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome.

Any weight loss will only help your sway. From the way you describe yourself I think you would do much better on one of the alternate diets and you can find those here (this is a PCOS thread but it benefits many people who have insulin resistance issues, which it sounds to me as if you do) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html

I strongly advise you to do the exercise as spelled out in this thread http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...h-genders.html Even if you can't get up to that level of exercise, anyone who has trouble losing weight needs to do some exercise because the benefits for blood sugar control are so major that they only help. If you are losing weight on a lower protein diet you can get a girl even with mod. exercise.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassabirdy View Post
    Thanks ladies. Just wondering how about swaying, or if it's worth it. I would love to have a girl, but not sure how I'd feel having another boy.
    We get batween 75-80% success for blue sways, and then 65-75% success with pink sways, so what it appears is that we are going from as much as 80% likely to have another boy to (worst case scenario) 65% likely to have a girl. This is a pretty big swing and no one should view those numbers as disappointing - they're really encouraging. BUt you have to ask yourself are you TTC just to get a girl...in which case swaying is never going to be a guarantee and you should consider HT if possible. that is the only way to get a 100% guarante of your girl (but not neccesarily because you do not have a 100% chance of getting pregnant!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ