Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, unless you give up breastfeeding, do 5 of 7 sway tactics, and your husband does diet, you are not allowed to post your sway in the spreadsheet on IG.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yep, unless you give up breastfeeding, do 5 of 7 sway tactics, and your husband does diet, you are not allowed to post your sway in the spreadsheet on IG.
    well thats just ridiculous. What are they trying to hide? Surely stats are stats & there are always going to be things that sway that we cant see as well.
    mummy to 10yrs & 8yrs. 7weeks dec 2016 4yrs.
    After 2 failed sways we are going high tech

May 2019 IVF1 4 follicle, 4 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 5
    JUly 2019 IVF2 8 follicles, 3 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 6 frozen & waiting for us
    our precious was a failed FET .
    IVF3 1 day 5
    2020 COVID halts our plans & we cant travel
    2021 6 more egg collections yeild 17eggs in total. Frozen gametes shipped to clinic & 16 survive the thaw & only 3 fertilised. None to test on day 5

Jan 2022 this wasnt the plan.......
    Feb 2022 stopped growing & left me at 8weeks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kc15880 View Post
    well thats just ridiculous. What are they trying to hide? Surely stats are stats & there are always going to be things that sway that we cant see as well.
    I certainly think it's bizarre that they'd axe anyone who was breastfeeding, but still include ions and moon signs...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kc15880 View Post
    I think they are trying to include only what they deem "the best of the best" sway tactics, but the problem is, doing that ensures you'll never really figure it all out. It ensures that only people who do identical sways post them and so the numbers are perpetually skewed, with things piggybacking on other things with no real way of knowing what is working and what isn't. The only reason why we learned about number of attempts, for example, is because I let everyone post a sway even when they didn't do it "my" way and then the trend jumped out at us. Also why we know that jellies and antihistamines are probably not swaying for pink is because we had that data to compare between people who used them and those who didn't.

In their defense it is tough to sit on your hands and watch when people put in sways you think are less than optimal when you know it is going to make the results worse than they'd be otherwise. But at the same time I'd by far and away rather have the results with swaying artificially low, than artificially high (in essence talking people into swaying who may have a much lower chance of getting their desired gender).

At the end of it all, meant in no way cattily but just as an observation about how it evolved the way it did from someone who witnessed it firsthand, I also think that having your main forum leader as someone who cannot breastfeed, whose husband is the nicest person ever and would do anything for his wife, who had plenty of time to TTC, and was allegedly willing to go on "from now till menopause swaying without getting pregnant" makes it harder (not deliberately, but just more difficult) for that person to empathize with those for whom breastfeeding is very important, whose husbands may not be at all helpful/willing to sway, who are in late 30's and up, and who really do value a baby more than a "perfect sway".

There was just a huge empathy gap there coming from the top down, it was contagious to most everyone else hence the bullying and the lying in the posted sways, and it's just one of those human nature things - if you have no empathy for people and they're effing up "your" stats and you think you have it all figured out anyway (which I never did and still don't and expect to be proven wrong at any minute LOL) then it would be very easy/tempting to start picking and choosing whose sways are added and whose aren't and setting up strict criteria about it. Even I get tempted sometimes!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    I certainly think it's bizarre that they'd axe anyone who was breastfeeding, but still include ions and moon signs...
    They legitimately believe in those things though. I can't fault them for that, even though on a personal level it makes me facepalm myself into unconsciousness - they DO believe them. The people that sell those ideas wrap it in just enough pseudoscience that people can be tricked into believing in them.

Some of the more esoteric points of statistics are just hard for folks to grasp. The concept that you can do something (like breastfeeding) that can take you from an imaginary 80% set for blue to imaginary 60% set for blue - which would be a huge pink sway but you'd still be more likely to conceive a boy overall - is largely lost on people. The IG mantra which is that "your odds are always 50-50" (which literally simply cannot be true otherwise this family would not exist The Arndt Family) tricks people into expecting that the things that sway will be 50% and then everything that sways gets added onto that. So any one sway "factor" should therefore yield more girls. But for many of us, myself included, I felt like I was swaying to GET to 50-50 and then I'd take the coin flip at that point. I seriously doubt I was ever AT 50-50 with any of my boys (even my IG sway opposite since I was taking so many nutrients and had several attempts). Some of us may have to sway 20-30% just to get to 50-50!! But that is a very hard point to grasp because everyone wants to believe their sway will get them a guarantee. It just doesn't though. I wish it did. But it doesn't.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011