Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

anyone else have high bbt after af starts?

Hi I've recently started charting as I've been getting negative opks (the chart that says positive opks were dark but still not dark as test line). I've noticed that my temp stays elevated until af stops. When ttc ds2 I was charting and temp always dropped prior to af usually between day 8-10 after o. My march chart I deleted the temps as were all above coverline (36.2) and I thought my thermometer was dicky so bought a new one but it has happened again last cycle? I temp orally mostly within the same hour upon waking in morning. Has anyone else experienced elevated temps during af? I've googled it but mostly people say try a hpt as could be pregnant but we are not even ttc yet so that is absolutely not a factor in my situation. TIA attached last two charts to show what I mean

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My temps are always wacky during AF, it doesn't mean anything and I wouldn't worry
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Junie just thought it was unusual. Not to worried as looks like I'm ovulating despite the negative opks just curious if anyone else had same issue

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Look through some of mine on my signature. Totally normal! Mine usually take a few days to drop.

FX and GL!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Totally normal! Some people don't even chart during AF (I know I would sometimes skip it) because the temps can be all over the place.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks xx and essnce! Charting can be so frustrating! I'm on cd12 now and still no positive opk or even close to, no other symptoms and yet last month oed cd13

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pbn3 you can go from very negative to very positive in hours so hang in there. I posted a similar question re: temps a month or two back it was new for me but wasn't anything to worry about.
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks true blue! I started charting 3/4 months prior to ttc to take the stress out of it lol. I charted with ds2 and was so regular with days per cycle o day etc so I'm a little frustrated that my cycles are all over the show at moment. But in saying thay I feel less stressed to be charting because at least I'll know when I've oed I'm actually trying to take a step back from everything including this site as felt I was starting to get obsessed with my sway which isn't a good thing when swaying pink anyway just going to go with it and as long as I ovulate every cycle I'll be happy as larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The cycle that I got my BFP I didn't even get a positive opk! I tested from CD5-13 and gave up, since my chart showed a clear temp rise in CD13. I always had at least 2 days of positive opks but not that cycle for some reason! Glad we were doing BD every 3 days, which ended up oddly enough with only one attempt, since the one before O was five days before then!

FX and GL to you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that's actually pretty normal, most people report that temps go nutty during AF and it's even allowed in TCYOF to not temp during flow because they're too erratic.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ