Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Starting to get nervous

I'm on cd 4 and dh and I are about to try for our third and final. While I'm extremely nervous I'll have another girl, my biggest concern is getting pregnant at all. Dh and I were diagnosed with unexplained secondary infertility with our second. They could never find anything wrong with either of us. I ended up getting and hsg and having an iui when we got pregnant with our second. I really don't think I can handle another year of ttc. Plus I think dh will stop trying if it doesn't happen relatively quickly.

Anyone else go on to conceive after infertility issues? I feel like stressing is the worst thing I can do but not sure how to stop it. I'm trying to visualize getting pregnant the first cycle.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Quinn

I just wanted to show some support...I've never endured infertility issues but am hoping you don't mind my response..I too am trying for a boy (after 2 girls) and am feeling anxious/nervous/skeptical and all those other unhelpful and stressful negative emotions. We can do this though!! We are doing everything we can and that's really all we can/should do...if it helps you to know I'll be glad I shared this next piece of info-I typically get pregnant first cycle off of the pill and this time I'm second cycle in...even though I'm MUCH healthier this time around and was on the mini pill this time!
    Sending lots of fertile dust your way
    Xo

3. Thanks Quinn31 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your words!! Is your ttc plan a lot different this time than with your first two? Are you dtd more often? The first two times I was pregnant within 2 months (one mc) so it was pretty difficult to endure months of ttc. My dh doesn't want to try for very long, he says 3 months and I say 9 months before we stop.

I was kind of hoping the HE diet and my increase in eating healthy fats would help me to get pregnant quicker this time. Plus, I've been lifting weights 4-5 times a week. I was so excited to ttc again but now that it's here, I'm instantly filled with dread and lose all of my confidence.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, my plan is A LOT different than with my girls. I'm eating more and have been taking boy friendly supps for a year ( though on and off until about 2 months ago when I was preparing to attempt. My husband and I are actually DTD less, as we tend to operate on a more frequent pattern lol we're still doing it pretty often which makes me kind of nervous, along with the fact that I'm breastfeeding about 1-3 times a day, for about 5 mins. Not a lot but still...
    I totally get feeling nervous and questioning your sway. And I too was confident until this month when our official attempt began.

Is your diet different this time? How long have you been on it?

I'm in the same boat as well in that my expectation was pregnant immediately due to better maternal condition...on the positive side at least we're getting more time on the diet/supps/exercise.

I hope you get pregnant soon though!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm nursing too! Although I am probably doing it 4 or more times a day. Dh and I just decided to wean her now because she's so attached and doesn't like regular milk. I am off in the summer so I will be back to work soon and she will need to drink the milk at daycare. We are going to start using my frozen milk tonight. I'm a little sad but may continue to nurse her once before bed because of the connection.

My diet is very different too. Although I've only been on it for 4 weeks strictly because my dh just decided he wanted to try again and he wants to start asap. I'm trying to remind myself that it's generally 50/50 chance and I'm helping myself with these boy things. I'm eating about 2000-2500 calories a day which is a lot more than I normally do. I'm trying to eat a lot of healthy fats and unprocessed foods. I can't seem to give up my Coke and Dr. Pepper addiction and have been having one a day. What are you eating? I'm lifting weights 40 minutes a day four times a week. We've been on and off supplements since April.

I wish we could bd more. We both get so busy and he travels a lot! Right now we average about twice a week but sometimes that Saturday and Sunday so there's too many days in between.

What supplements are you guys on? I just ordered us some wheatgrass because I feel like it helped last time.

When is your next attempt? I should O early next week. Hopefully August is our month!

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, we must be soul sisters or something because the only reason I'm weaning my daughter is due to the fact that I'm returning to school in September and she'll be with a sitter some days and in daycare others, so she needs to be on milk other than just mama's she is on almond milk with me and seems to enjoy it...my daughter is 16 months old though so she doesn't need formula or anything of that sort though ( not sure how old yours is). I am as addicted to the connection as her I think.

You are doing much better than me in regards to exercise! I have not been lifting weights and my only form of exercise has been housework, walking up flights of stairs, carrying my daughter and some lunges/push ups/sit ups here and there!!!
    I am going to get with it starting tomorrow though, you've inspired me!!

I also don't think I'm getting the required calories...I just get too full!! I am however getting WAY more calories in and from better sources than I ever was when I conceived either of my girls. My vitamins are also boy friendly which in hindsight I've seen were not when I conceived them as well! I was taking cranberry,lots of vitamin c, adding fibre to our smoothies...
    This time around I'm on grape seed extract ( but only for the past week) bee propolis, prenatal, folic acid, coral calcium, potassium,kelp for my thyroid problem,probio w omega blend, and I've been adding flaxseed to our smoothies. I know it's not recommended anymore but I haven't found wheatgrass and it seems to be working CM wise for me...oh I also picked up coconut powder and super greens kale powder from bulk barn and will be adding those to juice/smoothies as well. I find a shaker cup works wonders in mixing quick supp drinks!
    I'm also drinking V8 w gelatin,green tea, pineapple juice and coconut water.
    DH takes omega 3, men's vit,zinc, selenium and drinks the smoothies. He's also cut back on smoking which I'm SO proud of and happy about.

I'm in my two week window right now actually and if I'm not pregnant than my next attempt would be around Aug 23...
    I kind of hope we get pregnant the same cycle now lol

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to be a buttinski but have you cleared the almond milk with your pediatrician?? Most docs want little ones on mama's milk or full fat cows milk to be sure they're getting enough fat.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ